Orion Consultants

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orion Consultants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orion Consultants.

Quick, easy Skype interview and then got invited down. Mostly fit questions. Many of your typical "What was your favorite class in college?" "Tell me about a time you made a mistake" "What part of school did you find most rewarding/challenging?" etc.

Interview Questions
    • There was one chart that needed to be "analyzed", but I put that word in quotes because it was essentially looking at a bar graph and explaining what it says. Very basic. There was a difficult interview with the owner, as he asked bizarre questions. He asked "Okay, tell me about yourself". Once I answered he said "what else" and after I responded to three more of those, he asked what my parents do for a living.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Orion Consultants in March 2013.

I applied through my the on campus recruitment website in late December. About a month later, I received word that I had been selected for an on campus interview. The interview consisted of my talking with two other associates. They did not ask any technical questions, most of the questions were fit. Be prepared to talk about your experience writing in great detail. During the second round, they continued asking fit questions. They also asked me to analyze a graph, but it was pretty simple.

Questions:
    Why do you want to work with Orion?

Why finance?

Describe your understanding of our business.

Are you comfortable writing for two years.

What was your most difficult class and why?

Interview Questions
    • I wrote on my application that I spoke professional Spanish, so they tested me suddenly. I was NOT expecting that. Unfortunately, my Spanish was pretty rusty, so I stuttered considerably. However, I think they were pretty lenient, because they invited me for a second interview.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

FIT interview, friendly interviewer, the interview flowed and I fel like there was genuine interest. I didn't get the job but the manager who interviewed me sent me a very personal email afterward and I didn't feel treated or anything.

Interview Questions
    • Just fit interview, no really challenging questions were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orion Consultants in February 2010.

Interview consisted of 2:1 interview asking questions about why one wants to work at Orion, any writing and interviewing experience. Interviewers were not nice.

Interview Questions
    • Based on what you have learned about our firm, what kind of work do we do?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in our firm?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orion Consultants in February 2011.

The interview lasted 2 hours. I met with two groups of Associates and one group of managers who asked general questions - what's your understanding of the company? what are your interests? - and one more manager who asked me to interpret findings from some raw data. There was also a short written test. The interviewers were extremely friendly, and their enthusiasm rubbed off on me.