Orion Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager/Executive Assistant Interview

Office Manager/Executive Assistant

Interviewed at Orion Health

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a company recruiter. Phone interviews as well as face to face. Online testing and a background check are required. HR was helpful in responding to inquiries re: benefits, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time you found yourself working with a difficult co-worker. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company compensates fairly.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Orion Health in September 2013.

Interview Details – Screened by internal recruiter then given a peer interview, technical interview and then an interview with the hiring manager. After that needed to wait for approval from New Zealand to receive an offer. Process seemed long and bureaucratic. Once accepted, the onboarding week was actually pretty good with a solid overview of the how the company functions etc.

Interview Question – Explain to me how the internet works.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took forever. All hires are approved in a very closed-door kind of process that takes place in New Zealand. Very little transparency.

Senior Implementation Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Orion Health.

Interview Details – I was refered by a current employee, and made it through the phone screen and two in person interviews. Subject to their IC "test" that is an excercise with very little context to make the software work via non-standard installation. Very little feedback from HR, extremely difficult to get back in touch with the HR Recruiter, and then all of a sudden deep in the process the job requirements changed.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary question wise.. typical stuff.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Implementation Consultant Interview

Graduate Implementation Consultant
Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Orion Health in June 2014.

Interview Details – A graduate assessment day which involves logic and reasoning tests. A group task followed by a presentation to an audience of ~25 people. One interview with a solutions architect or team lead. The offer was mid 50's in pay.

Interview Question – No tough questions. Very casual chat and generic questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – HR team gave a bad impression and the role is quite limited in scope.

Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orion Health.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very professional. There was an initial screening technical interview over phone and then we setup an interview face to face which consisted of technical interview with competency based questions and scenarios. The second interview was with the Senior Director for the business unit who asked me lots of questions around my personality etc.

Interview Question – What are my strengths?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward, I had already indicated in the interview what my salary expectations were. They were able to meet them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Orion Health in August 2010.

Interview Details – HR Interview followed later by one technical interview. The technical was only for one hour and touched on fundamental data structures and algorithms.

Interview Question – What did you find you had most difficulty with in your previous role. Be that technical skills or soft skills. And how did you find a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a position with these benefits. I didn't negotiate as it seemed very good at the time.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Orion Health in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR, then setup time for a webex. The job was in NZ.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult, mostly behavioural and a couple technical.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Orion Health in September 2011.

Interview Details – Via a recruit consultant, 1st interview is a technical interview with development manager and senior engineer. 2nd interview is generic interview with HR. Whole process since getting info from the consultant took about 4 weeks until getting a result.

Interview Question – How to develop / design cross platform applications with or without native code.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Telling my accurate annual salary at that time to HR, otherwise not too much. The procedure was smooth.

Product Management Interview

Product Management
Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Orion Health in February 2012.

Interview Details – Thoroughly professional recruitment process with extremely quick turnarounds. I was referred to the company through my mentor and I really appreciated the communication from the recruiter and my manager telling me what stage the application was at.

Interview Question – Given the specific role I was to be involved in, I did not have any special questions directed at me, mainly around the healthcare software sector and what I saw the challenges to maintaining such a market.   Answer Question

Senior Implementation Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Orion Health in January 2012.

Interview Details – they are really choosy but turned out to be worth all the waiting for

Interview Question – jQuery and its advantage   Answer Question

Worked for Orion Health? Contribute to the Community!