Orion Systems Integrators Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orion Systems Integrators

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Orion Systems Integrators in August 2009.

Decent level of interview

Bonus

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Orion Systems Integrators in January 2013.

1) HR person from India will call you. They are specifically chosen for their great English skills and of course they do not tell you they are calling from India. They have no HR people in USA. So, if you get hired as an employee, you basically have the same rights a consultant - aka NONE.
    2) Assistant Program Manager will interview you over the phone. He did not ask me anything specific. I just spoke about my background. Assuming you can speak at a 5th grade level, you will be invited for a face to face interview.
    3) Face to face interview had to be scheduled very late at 6:30 PM because the hiring manager was busy even though I planned it a few days in advance. I came in about 6:15 PM. Technical recruiter made me wait for half an hour. Then, he said the hiring manager is extremely busy so they will change up the process a bit, and he will have two other people interview me before the hiring manager sees me. So, the Indian technical recruiter had two Indian men who had nothing to do with the position I was being interviewed for took me to a dark cafeteria where they asked me about my experience and skill set. At 7:30 PM, I finally returned to the waiting room area. The two men who interviewed me went back to the conference room where the hiring manager was at and reported back what they thought of me. This actually took longer than planned as I was forced to wait another 20 minutes before being invited inside. While I was waiting, I was able to see through the glass they were just chatting and laughing, which I thought was quite disrespectful toward the candidate. Anyways, I disregarded this and finally went inside the conference room with the Indian hiring manager as the two Indian men and Indian technical recruiter left the room. The hiring manager quickly judged me to be young and inexperienced. He started drawing me a diagram about automation even though my resume was quite clear that I had done such work in the past. Then, he asked me what books I like to read for fun. As I starting probing him, he admitted there was no actual team yet, and the idea for the project was in its infancy. He asked me typical questions about my strengths and weaknesses. Seeing it was already 8:30 PM, the Indian manager started making dinner analogies about automation project that did not have a framework yet. Finally, he told me I have to be blunt with you. "You are not polished enough for me to put you in front of the partners. Let's talk in 2 to 3 years when you improve your verbal communication skills." Then, he felt sorry and said I am going to add you on LinkedIn and let you talk to another program manager in another phone interview. Needless to say, he did not add me on LinkedIn and there was no further contact from anyone at this company.

Interview Questions
    • 1 What is scope and how you have you dealt with it and in your previous projects?   Answer Question

Product/Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Orion Systems Integrators in May 2010.

Phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager. Arranged in person interview @ 6:30pm due to urgency to fill position.
    Face to face interview with hiring manager co-workers during same week. Both interviewers were 30 minutes late. Asked vague questions, yet wanted detailed questions that pertained to how their company initiates software development. 20 minute interview then they advised they needed to cut interview short due to an emergency. The experience felt awkward and dis-organized.

Interview Questions
    • How to you develop a custom software package from scratch. With minimal direction from clients.   Answer Question
    • How do you work with consultants in other parts of the world.   Answer Question

JSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cochin (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Orion Systems Integrators in February 2014.

5 step process
    1.aptitude test
    2.technical test
    3.gd
    4.tech interview
    5.hr interview

Recruiting Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orion Systems Integrators.

Initial screening by a senior manager who knew me from the industry and contacted me. Follow-up interviews via phone by direct report to manager. Then f2f interview with report to manager, senior manager, and team members. Very open and receptive, very conversational interview. Corporate office isn't extremely "flashy" but that's to be expected for the size of the organization at this time.

Interview Questions
    Very open on the negotiation phase, understanding of the role I was seeking and the compensation needed to bring me on board given that I was currently employed.

Worked for Orion Systems Integrators? Contribute to the Community!