Orkin Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.5

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Orkin.

Horribly long process and full of steps like a meeting with the company shrink (Yes, a contracted psychologist). The company justifies the long process but for the position it seems unreasonable and exceeds the expectation for what is reasonable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected but it was the length of the process.   Answer Question

All in all, it was not a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Orkin in September 2014.

Very pleased with the process. Took 5 weeks but that just shows that the company wants to make the right decision.The branch manager was very respectful and let me know what to expect through the whole hiring process.

No negotiations at all. Salary is set in stone. Very fair.

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Orkin in July 2014.

Can you pass a drug test, physical, and background was the first question? Manager asked how old I was and if I thought I could work out in the hot weather. I was doing less talking and more listening, as a matter of fact I really did not get to talk much. I felt like I was being sold the job. The person interviewing was from region and he was very quiet and awkward.

Branch Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orkin in March 2014.

I was contacted by the Branch Manager for an interview, the statement on the phone by the manager was that exceptional sales people make over 100K. I went to the interview and all the questions were standard and I was offered a job. I reveiwed the compensation plan, the business expense policy, and the ramp plan. The Ramp plan is very poor, 60 days to get upto speed to make good commissions is very short, the expense policy is substandard. I do believe you can make 100K annually selling however it will take 6 months to build up the pipeline. I turned down the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would I attack/plan the territory to maximize results   Answer Question

The Ramp up policy was too short for success and the expense policy is too small for what they expect

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Orkin.

Face-to-face job interview , ride along

None

Field Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Orkin in December 2013.

Long and detailed

One way

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orkin in November 2013.

About 20 min interview took a personality test...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orkin.

When I got hired, the process began with a phone interview with HR. The second interview was with the Region Manager, and the final interview was with the District Manager who ultimately extended the offer. There were clear cut avenues for advancement which still exist in other divisions, but not so much in the South Central Division. (I was hired when the branch was part of the southeastern division.). Everyone was very friendly, and I developed great relationships that I still maintain today with some folks. The culture is that of team work and getting the customer taken care of. Customer Service is Paramount, and they are clearly looking for people who share theses values.

Interview Questions
    • Did not really encounter one. Interview was straight forward.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They have a set Salary plan. Take it or leave it.

Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orkin.

Very extensive for managment positions. Which is good because you become the fate and driving force of your branch. Process took way to long im talking months. But in the end was well worth it

Interview Questions
    • Since your young how are you going to handle the employees under you that not only have alot of years on you in the businrss but life as well, and how will you handle a employee that is upset he didnt get your position.   View Answer
    Asked what I expected to be paied gave a number I found from doing research and settled

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orkin.

Extremely Professional