Orrick Interview Questions

2.3

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orrick.

Interviewed by staff and attorneys. Fair questioning process and everybody is very friendly. They make sure that you meet everybody you would potentially work with. Everything seems very harmonic amongst each other. Not sure if that is just show but it seemed real.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Standard questions. Mostly they talk about their work and what they expect from you.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orrick.

Hiring process was typical of other law firms. There was an initial screening interview, followed by a call-back within a few weeks. The call back interview involved meeting with about 5 attorneys for 30 mins each. Topics were similar to what other law firms would ask, but the firm really pays attention to whether you will fit the culture and personality of the firm. Following the 1:1 interview, there was a lunch with 2-3 younger associates.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss any of your published work or any law review note you may be working on.   Answer Question

Corporate Services Group Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orrick.

It wasn't clear after my first interview that I had been selected as a candidate until the background questionnaires began to arrive. Onboarding felt very disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked to clarify former clients, especially those from my internship days.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orrick in January 2013.

I'll admit up front that I didn't get this job. I interviewed with one partner and one associate -- and the associate flat out admitted how little excitement he got from doing his job. The partner on the other hand was laid back and seemed to want to know only about one weird thing on my resume. I later learned who got the position over me, and it seemed they wanted a "bro" they could hang with.

Interview Questions
    • Two partners have both given you assignments that are competing for your time and you cannot finish both without significantly impairing the work quality. What do you do?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

interviewed at Orrick in December 2011.

you fill out app and interviewer is friendly and asks no tricky questions that you read about. You're tested on vocabulary, grammar and spelllingg

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Orrick in June 2010.

Lengthily interview process. Many layers to get through.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult if you were well prepared for the position you were seeking   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. They stood firm on their offer believing their offer was marketplace value

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orrick in May 2010.

Spoke with paralegal supervisor, then met with 2 Attorneys & 3 paralegals.
    the interviews took a long time, maybe 2 hrs in total.
    ask typical questions. they were very friendly and were easy to talk to. They were willing to answer my questions.
    loved the office and the people. seemed like a team oriented environment.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orrick in March 2014.

I passed this interview after being accepted at a lawyer's school, I sent my CV in order to participate to a job dating organized by Orrick. I received an invitation to the job dating and went there to pass two interviews with two associates in public law. They were really nice.
    They asked about my personality, asked why i was applying there, and finally did the skills test in order to check my ability to do the internship. (sorry for my poor english)

Interview Questions
    • during the interview, the associates asked theorical questions and marked your interview   View Answer

Document Reviewer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orrick in April 2010.

Quick and dirty. Did not perform any real background checks except for legal conflicts. Just pretty much took all our information down and told us to come in the next day to begin work, Did not even attempt to get to know any of the people who showed up for the "interview."