Orrick Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.3

Practitioner Assistant - Securities Litigation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Orrick (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone Screen for 5 minutes with Human Resources Manager, then came in for an interview with director of human resources (but it was via cisco since the person was in san francisco), then came in to meet with 9 of the various partners, associates, and paralegals. THe overall experience, even though I did not get the job, was enlightening and stimulating. Wish I got the job but hey, on to the next one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were significantly challenged and describe how you overcame that challenge (was asked in the second phase of interviews)?   Answer Question

Document Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Orrick (Wheeling, WV) in April 2015.

Interview

Scheduled 2 days before interview. Required completion of a professional background review and listing of all clients for conflicts. Super fast track for a contract position. The interview lasted 15 minutes and the interviewer asked specific skill based questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand this is a contract/temporary position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orrick (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by staff and attorneys. Fair questioning process and everybody is very friendly. They make sure that you meet everybody you would potentially work with. Everything seems very harmonic amongst each other. Not sure if that is just show but it seemed real.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. Standard questions. Mostly they talk about their work and what they expect from you.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orrick.

Interview

Hiring process was typical of other law firms. There was an initial screening interview, followed by a call-back within a few weeks. The call back interview involved meeting with about 5 attorneys for 30 mins each. Topics were similar to what other law firms would ask, but the firm really pays attention to whether you will fit the culture and personality of the firm. Following the 1:1 interview, there was a lunch with 2-3 younger associates.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss any of your published work or any law review note you may be working on.   Answer Question

Corporate Services Group Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orrick.

Interview

It wasn't clear after my first interview that I had been selected as a candidate until the background questionnaires began to arrive. Onboarding felt very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked to clarify former clients, especially those from my internship days.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews - one with associates, one with partners. Also met with HR. Very relaxed, as Orrick is known for its less corporate culture. In total, I believe I met with five associates, three partners, and three people from HR - all of whom were extremely nice. Be prepared going into the interviews to know exactly why you want to work as a paralegal and why you want to work at Orrick.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Orrick?

What do you think this job entails?

Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Orrick (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I'll admit up front that I didn't get this job. I interviewed with one partner and one associate -- and the associate flat out admitted how little excitement he got from doing his job. The partner on the other hand was laid back and seemed to want to know only about one weird thing on my resume. I later learned who got the position over me, and it seemed they wanted a "bro" they could hang with.

Interview Questions

• Two partners have both given you assignments that are competing for your time and you cannot finish both without significantly impairing the work quality. What do you do?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

interviewed at Orrick in December 2011.

Interview

you fill out app and interviewer is friendly and asks no tricky questions that you read about. You're tested on vocabulary, grammar and spelllingg

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Lengthily interview process. Many layers to get through.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't difficult if you were well prepared for the position you were seeking   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They stood firm on their offer believing their offer was marketplace value

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Spoke with paralegal supervisor, then met with 2 Attorneys & 3 paralegals.
    the interviews took a long time, maybe 2 hrs in total.
    ask typical questions. they were very friendly and were easy to talk to. They were willing to answer my questions.
    loved the office and the people. seemed like a team oriented environment.