Orscheln Farm and Home Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orscheln Farm and Home

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Go through corporate website first. You'll be contacted by corporate HR first for an over-the-phone interview. You'll next be contacted by a regional manager for an in-person interview. The whole process takes 2-3 weeks, but is not all that grueling. They DO verify references and you'll take a drug test upon accepting the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do I feel that farm supply is a promising business and how will I contribute to Orscheln's success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but you do need to be prepared with the places you are willing to relocate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moberly, MO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Moberly, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was really easy but it was done by someone that I could tell wasn't trained very well in the interview process. It was actually a pretty un professional office that was very cluttered and messy. Interviewer was reading questions off of a single piece of paper and not writting anything down. We kept on getting interupted and she would leave the office or answer phone calls durring the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy and I was able to squeeze a couple of dollars an hour more out of the negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home.

Interview

Telephone interview with H.R. Then interview with D.M.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Prescribed salary.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Centerville, IA) in April 2011.

Interview

Meet with a manager and assistant manager, who are playing "good cop/bad cop". You get drilled with the whole "gotta keep the store clean, gotta keep the shelves stocked, gotta keep working every minute of every day" thing. The two of them asked questions of me, then tried to get me to contradict what I had said. It was almost like they didn't want to be there, and they did their best to make me feel like I wasn't wanted there, really.

Interview Questions

• "What benefit will the company see if they hire someone like you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They said they were "bound" by the company's guidelines as to what they could offer in wages.

Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home in January 2009.

Interview

Process was easy for the job title I had applied for.