Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics

Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.4

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics.

Interview

it was ok. they sometimes go through kelly services which I disapprove of but they need any help they can get to get good engineers out there. I liked the one on one interviews, that is where I feel most comfortable. I dont like the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was one sided. its their offer and thats it.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a temp agency about a 2 year contract position for a Field Service Technician position in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. I conducted a phone interview with Ortho Clinical's East Region Service Manager and then met in Baltimore for a face to face interview with him and one of his regional technicians.

I felt the interview went well but the interviewing manager was asking vague questions that really made no sense in some instances. It appeared that these questions were designed to provoke certain answers but really would not provide any pertinent or relevant information. The manager asked if I had any questions during the interview and when I did ask questions he seemed to be annoyed and even threw his pen down on the table and sat back in his chair when I asked the technician what a typical work day was like. I got the feeling that he tried to talk a good talk but he was not sincere. I was told at the end of the interview that I would hear from the temp agency. I contacted the temp agency after the interview and was told that a decision would be made in a day or two.

I never heard back after two weeks, and multiple phone calls/ emails were sent to Kelly Services to no avail. I ended up sending the manager at Ortho Clinical an email stating my candidacy withdrawal due to another job acceptance and never even received a courtesy reply. I was not eager to take a contract position and work through a temp agency so this unprofessional lack of communication by both the temp agency and the East Region Manager only solidified my decision to take a much better position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were vague and off-the-wall. One question was "Why do you want a contract position?"   Answer Question

ScientistI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics (Rochester, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

First I applied for the job through the staffing agency. After passing their scrutiny my info was sent to the lab supervisor, who wanted to meet me. I interviewed with man who would be my supervisor. Another person was supposed to be there but never showed up. After about 2 weeks I was notified by the agency that they wanted to hire me. Then there was an unbelievable amount of paperwork for the agency before I could start.

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics (Rochester, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Heavy background checks and reference checks. Interview was with 5 different managers.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher sign-on bonus do to tuition needed to pay back my previous employer upon departure.

Scientist1 Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics.

Interview

Interview was super easy. The lab group goes around and asks you basic questions such as "describe your process of how you would go about using a balance?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none it was the pay they offered or dont work there

Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics.

Interview

I applied to the website for the open position and did not hear anything back for >3 months. I contacted everyone I knew that worked at the company and was referred to the hiring manager by a friend's referral. I met with the hiring manager and talked about my previous experience in research, why I thought the job was a good fit with my skills, and what my short term and long term career goals were.

I then had a day long interview that included meeting with groups of 3-4 people at a time for 1 hour sessions. I met employees at all different levels throughout the company including the Vice President, Senior Engineers, Directors of Research, Research Associates, and Scientists. The interviews were pleasant and the people were very kind and seemed interested in talking with me. After lunch I gave a 45 min long research presentation and had lots of great questions from the group. I thought that this was a great place to work and that the management showed great directions for future directions of company growth!

The questions during interviews focused on people skills like give an example of a time that you had difficulties in a group project and how you overcame the problem. Give examples of when you worked in a team and lead a team project. I was only asked a few technical questions involving fundamentals of how analytical techniques work such as XPS, FTIR, NMR and what are the limitations of these techniques. Most other questions focused on telling past experiences of dealing with problems of people in a workplace and how to overcome challenges of problem solving in research.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by OCD regarding a regional service manager position. I had a quick 30 minute phone interview which was basiclly to feel me out. I was asked to fly in for a 1-1 interview which was a 2 team panel. 4 days before the interview I was given a set of data and some questions regarding the data and asked to prepare a presentation to review my analysis of the data.

First part of the panel was with the group I would be working directly with (Manager, Peer and employee) where I gave my presentation and answered their questions (pretty straight forward).

The second panel was a Q&A where they asked questions about my experience in given situations and my past. Many of the questions were poorly worded and vague especially for a technical position.

Overall, I thought it was a good interview process.

Downside: It took almost 2 months for them to reimburse me for the travel expenses. NO response after the interview what so ever...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you played a key role in hiring a "compromised" candidate and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Medical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics in August 2008.

Interview

Initial communications were through a recruiter. Then one face to face meeting with the hiring manager. Two candidates were then flown to the home office for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you Love to Win or Hate to Lose?   1 Answer
    • Are you street smart or book smart?   1 Answer