Osborn & Barr Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Osborn & Barr in June 2012.

I applied for an account manager position Summer 2012. It took about two months for someone to get back to me after I initially emailed. They said I was a match for several positions and brought me in for a full day of interviews - speaking with three different teams for two associate positions and one manager role. The interviews were scattered. My interviewers seemed unprepared and unengaged. They were hard to read. They asked mostly basic questions - tell me about yourself, your experience, what do you know about the company, etc. Make sure you know lots about the company and the clients (mainly USB and Monsanto). I applied for a manager job and was offered an associate role. They promised I could have a review in six months, as they anticipated "the perfect manager role" would be coming available for me about them. Not true. Never got the review. Packed up and left after a year of empty promises.

Interview Questions
    Negotiating was rough. I interviewed for a manager job and they offered me an associate role. I was confused, but they said they anticipated a manager level job opening on a particular team that I'd be great for. I asked that it be written in my offer that I could be reviewed after six months and they said "of course" but never did.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Osborn & Barr.

Applied for job online. I was emailed about scheduling a phone interview. Process took about two days. I thought that the phone interview went great, but was never contacted again.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Talked about Cardinals baseball more than anything.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Osborn & Barr in October 2010.

Process was quick. I was referred by a friend, submitted my resume, in a day or two had an interview and by the end of the week an offer.

The position was very junior, I was happy to land a job. They did give me a little more for base salary.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Osborn & Barr in April 2011.

Very thorough process. Good information up front. Friendly and prompt response. Overall very positive.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because they made an offer which I conveyed was my expectation for the position.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Osborn & Barr.

Applied through their website and was e-mailed by Jessica Sisco with their HR department to schedule a phone interview. On the day of our interview, we spoke for about 15 minutes about the job and my experience. She seemed excited and said she would pass my information along to one of their directors in the Kansas City office, but a week later, she sent another e-mail saying they would pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Is there one department in particular you would like to work in more than others?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Osborn & Barr in August 2011.

Phone call from HR, numerous calls with members of specific client team, meetings at office with team members that included writing test. Overall process took about a month. People seemed very nice and devoted to agricultural communications. Got to speak with upper management as well, which made environment seem fairly open.

Interview Questions
    • How would you become well-versed in agricultural communications?   Answer Question

Worked for Osborn & Barr? Contribute to the Community!