Oshkosh Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Segment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oshkosh Corporation (Oshkosh, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Very organized.
    Meet with a variety of people
    Time consuming
    i think asking for a minimum characters versus being succinct is a not always beneficial
    Apparently I was short yet a second time

Interview Questions

• Specific job related questions   1 Answer

Weld Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garner, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oshkosh Corporation (Garner, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very typical...Segmented interviews starting with the plant manager followed by a hr manager, several shop managers, engineers, and a potential peer; followed up with a shop tour. All of the interviewers filled out pre-established interview questions. Interview questions were general...describe yourself, list your strength/weaknesses, etc. The facility was small enough that it was apparent that it was a very tight community. An extremely limited support staff was available. So a lot of flexibility is needed to support the two-shift plant.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation.

Interview

Was required to give a powerpoint presesentation. interviewed with 5 people. and could not get any feedback on the interview. they move fairly slow at selecting and interviewing. large company in the midwest

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in July 2014.

Interview

Completed application online; HR contacted me several days later and scheduled a phone interview; HR phone interview went great; hiring manager conducted phone interview about a week later; semi-harsh interview; no sense of humor; got the feeling right away that I didn't have the experience they wanted, so felt like the interview was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions; what have you been doing lately?   Answer Question

IT - Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oshkosh Corporation.

Interview

Résumé, Phone Interview, Manager Interview, Co-Worker Interview

The HR Rep actually read the résumé before my phone interview, the manager was a little more hands off as far as technical skills but did a more 'human skills' interview, the co-worker interview focused on the technical side.

The important thing for prospective interns to remember is that you are expected to be a learner, not a leader out the door. Even higher level contract employees have to get a grasp of what the environment is anywhere. Be calm, concise, and don't try to BS your way into a job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, but the technical questions can get in depth. Don't be afraid, they're just trying to figure out where to fit you. (I've done a couple myself now)   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

The selection process for interviews is rather lengthy, it can take more than a few weeks. Over all it is a good company to work for. Be sure you call your recruiter to make the process move a bit faster.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generic, such as "What is your best ability".   Answer Question

Purchasing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oshkosh Corporation (Oshkosh, WI).

Interview

Met with the company at my university career fair and got an interview the next week. It was a 1:1 interview that lasted about 40 minutes. About two weeks after the interview I had a follow up phone interview that was very similar. A few days after the phone interview I was given an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...
      What is the difference between logistics and supply chain management?

Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in August 2013.

Interview

Interview with HR rep after resume submission via the company's job portal. Was told I would receive word within two weeks. Several days later, received an e-mail. No feedback regarding interview, simply received system generated message.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions related to previous work experience.   Answer Question

Office Position In Defense Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation (Oshkosh, WI).

Interview

Applied online through a staffing agency. Had a phone interview and soon after I had a panel interview with four people. The interview was very standard. They were young professionals and being fresh out of college, I related well with them. Wasn't as nervous as my previous interview for companies- which I think was a great help. They used the STAR format for interview (Situation, Task, Action, Result) for a lot of questions. Thankfully, I had enough interviews to have some great situations in mind.

Here's where it gets interesting. They told the recruiter that the interview went very well and that they were interested. But then I was told two weeks later that the position was put on an indefinite hold! Recruiter keeps checking back in, giving me updates and whatnot. Fast forward 5+ months later, they decide to directly hire me and bypass the temp-hire process.

Although a positive interview experience, the entire hiring process took months. Frustrating, but was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you just couldn't finish everything you said you would do. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodge Center, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation (Dodge Center, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial contacts from recruiter. I had 2 phone interviews with the hiring manager. I really had the impression they were ready to make a culture change to one of continuous improvement. Phone call with HR to discuss salary and benefits. On-site interviews with Directors in the organization individually (5 total) and a plant tour. Company paid for round-trip flight and hotel stay. Interviews consisted of a combination of scripted questions given to them by HR and personal questions from the interviewer.

Negotiation

Discussed salary offer between myself, recruiter and HR. Offered position and salary over the phone by HR and then received an email with contract attached to fill out.