Oshkosh Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
15 interviews

2.6

Ethics and Compliance Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in July 2014.

Completed application online; HR contacted me several days later and scheduled a phone interview; HR phone interview went great; hiring manager conducted phone interview about a week later; semi-harsh interview; no sense of humor; got the feeling right away that I didn't have the experience they wanted, so felt like the interview was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions; what have you been doing lately?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in August 2013.

Interview with HR rep after resume submission via the company's job portal. Was told I would receive word within two weeks. Several days later, received an e-mail. No feedback regarding interview, simply received system generated message.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions related to previous work experience.   Answer Question

IT - Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation.

Résumé, Phone Interview, Manager Interview, Co-Worker Interview

The HR Rep actually read the résumé before my phone interview, the manager was a little more hands off as far as technical skills but did a more 'human skills' interview, the co-worker interview focused on the technical side.

The important thing for prospective interns to remember is that you are expected to be a learner, not a leader out the door. Even higher level contract employees have to get a grasp of what the environment is anywhere. Be calm, concise, and don't try to BS your way into a job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, but the technical questions can get in depth. Don't be afraid, they're just trying to figure out where to fit you. (I've done a couple myself now)   View Answer
    None

Information Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in June 2012.

You start out with an interview over the phone with the recruiter and then when you are ready to go further into the process, they will have a face-to-face meeting with the recruiter followed by a meeting with the manager of the position and the segment manager. Lastly, you meet with a panel of internal employees.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a time where you had a problem and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in July 2010.

Great interview with HR and Production Manager.

Interview Questions
    This was a contracted position.

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dodge Center, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodge Center, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in October 2012.

Initial contacts from recruiter. I had 2 phone interviews with the hiring manager. I really had the impression they were ready to make a culture change to one of continuous improvement. Phone call with HR to discuss salary and benefits. On-site interviews with Directors in the organization individually (5 total) and a plant tour. Company paid for round-trip flight and hotel stay. Interviews consisted of a combination of scripted questions given to them by HR and personal questions from the interviewer.

Discussed salary offer between myself, recruiter and HR. Offered position and salary over the phone by HR and then received an email with contract attached to fill out.

Purchasing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation.

Met with the company at my university career fair and got an interview the next week. It was a 1:1 interview that lasted about 40 minutes. About two weeks after the interview I had a follow up phone interview that was very similar. A few days after the phone interview I was given an offer via email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when...
      What is the difference between logistics and supply chain management?
        Answer Question

Office Position In Defense Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation.

Applied online through a staffing agency. Had a phone interview and soon after I had a panel interview with four people. The interview was very standard. They were young professionals and being fresh out of college, I related well with them. Wasn't as nervous as my previous interview for companies- which I think was a great help. They used the STAR format for interview (Situation, Task, Action, Result) for a lot of questions. Thankfully, I had enough interviews to have some great situations in mind.

Here's where it gets interesting. They told the recruiter that the interview went very well and that they were interested. But then I was told two weeks later that the position was put on an indefinite hold! Recruiter keeps checking back in, giving me updates and whatnot. Fast forward 5+ months later, they decide to directly hire me and bypass the temp-hire process.

Although a positive interview experience, the entire hiring process took months. Frustrating, but was worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you just couldn't finish everything you said you would do. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in December 2010.

The process was both professional and straight forward. Jobs, duties, and all aspects of the job were clearly outlined.

Interview Questions
    • wouls I be able to work every Saturday in addition the the 40 hrs?   View Answer
    There was no negoiations at all, straight contrat job as is. I would be locked into the hourly rate for the duration of the contact or as long as my employment last. . No promotion, raises, permenant employment would be offered at anytime during the contract's length.

Maintenance Supervisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oshkosh, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ months - interviewed at Oshkosh Corporation in April 2012.

I applied via their company website for a Maintenance Supervisor I position with Oshkosh Defense on January 22, 2012. I had an initial phone interview on March 14, 2012, with the HR person. There were typical questions about my skills and experience. The HR person told me they really liked me and thought I was a good fit for both the position and the company. I was contacted again later and flight arrangements were made, by Oshkosh, for an on-site interview. I was booked on a “red eye” flight the night before my interview. I arrived in the Appleton, WI area on April 13, 2012. I had just enough time to get changed and make it to the interview. Because of a previous post on this site, I wore a suit to show that I took the position seriously. Upon arriving at Oshkosh Defense, I found out that the HR person wasn’t there yet. The HR person said that he sent me an e-mail telling me that the interview was pushed back by a half hour but I still haven’t gotten that message. I first interviewed with the HR person again, same questions as before. Having spent the past 20 years in the military, I asked for some feedback on the interview. The HR person told me that I did very well and that I would be a perfect fit for the position and company. I was also given a very nice folder with all of their benefits information. At the closing of this interview, I asked how long before I heard about the position. The HR person said that it usually takes about three weeks but he would personally contact me within two weeks and let me know how things are going. I next interviewed with the Production Manager. He basically explained how the Maintenance Manager and production team interface. I asked about the interview and was told that I did very well and would make a great addition to the team. I next interviewed with the Maintenance Manager. He asked about my mechanical background and experience. At the end of the interview I asked how I did. The Maintenance Manager told me that I did very well and that I would be a fun person to work with. He also said that he had a slight reservation because of my lack of union experience, although that in itself wasn’t a deal breaker. I finally interviewed with the Plant Manager. He asked some basic questions about my background and stressed the importance of education. He explained the education benefits available. When I asked how the interview went, he said that I did good and presented myself very well. About a month went by with no word from the HR person. I sent an e-mail to each person I interviewed with telling them that I was excited about the opportunity and looked forward to hearing about the position. After about a month with no word from the HR person, I tried to call a few times. Each time I left a message but never received a phone call back. On June 12, 2012, I attended a veteran’s career fair at the local college and encountered an HR person from Oshkosh Defense there. I explained what had happened and provided my resume and the HR person whom I interviewed with. She said she would get back to me in a few days. I still haven’t heard from her. I also e-mailed the general HR e-mail on July 26, 2012. I was told that they would look into the matter and get back to me in a few days. I’m still waiting for them to get back to me. Finally I applied for a recruited position (turns out it was for Oshkosh Defense) for a Production Supervisor. Upon talking to the recruiter, it turns out he can’t really help me since I had already applied for that position. He did say that he would call the HR person and try to find out what was going on. I received an e-mail about a half hour later from the recruiter to learn that apparently (and according to the HR person who loved me so much) said that I didn’t’ interview well.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were really tough, just the usual questions about experience and skills.   Answer Question

Worked for Oshkosh Corporation? Contribute to the Community!