Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Oshkosh DefenseMore
- No OfferNo Offer
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oshkosh Defense.
Came across the booth set up by them at on campus job fair, kinda talked a while by the booth with the hiring manager and got a phone call at the night and called in for a on campus interview the next day. Started with the "tell me about yourself" question followed with several typical behavioral questions, like "what're your strengthens and etc". No quite difficult question in the interview.
- Personally speaking it's the behavioral question about the weakness, have no idea how to make connection of this with the job, i guess i should just prepare myself a little bit more and do some digging forehead next time. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Oshkosh, WI).
There was a multi-stage interview process beginning with an online application submission through the company website and culminating in a personal interview just two weeks later. This happened to be during a very busy hiring period as the company prepared to fulfill a rather large contract.
- What are your plans for the future? Any future goals outside of this company? Answer Question
Non-existent. As a union employee, salary and benefits are pre-determined according to contract.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Oshkosh Defense.
It was possibly the most unorganized recruitment that I've been through. The hiring manager did not show up for our scheduled interview, so it was re-scheduled to be a phone interview (3rd one). She then called me an hour later than the scheduled phone interview (not so much as a "sorry for being late"). She then tells me she will let me know their decision the following week. Three weeks later, I get an e-mail from HR telling me the position had been cancelled.
- What is your 90 day plan? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Oshkosh Defense (Oshkosh, WI) in July 2009.
The interview was really more about checking the personality and asking questions that verify the experience and education. The HR group acted professional, and coordinated the interview visit well. One of the managers did not free up enough time for the interview, but it still worked out okay.
- Nothing too unexpected, quite a few questions on behavior and "what would you do?" Answer Question
Good relocation package, low vacation, low salary. No movement from company on offer.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Oshkosh Defense in November 2012.
HR initial interview:
questions about current job and past jobs
have you held a leadership position, and what is your style of leadership
why do you want to work for us, and what will make you stay and be happy
what do you expect to be paid for this position
when would you be available to work if the position was offered
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review