Osram Sylvania Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.9

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Osram Sylvania (Danvers, MA).

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks. I applied through LinkedIn and got an email from the recruiter the next day. I had a phone interview later that week and an in person after that. They offered me the position 2 days later.

Negotiation

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Osram Sylvania (Danvers, MA).

Interview

Average questions, most of the time testing how confident you are. Nothing really challenging. At the end is 2 rounds. Very long process (3 months). You might have technical experience as well as negotiation skills for this position.

Interview Questions

• you have 3 switches and one room with a closed door. one of the switches will turn on the light. How would you choose? (you can turn off and on any switch)   Answer Question

Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Osram Sylvania.

Interview

Easy asked lots of questions about background. Interviewed by colleagues who were disheveled and easy to talk with. Interviewer from mfg called me on phone to discuss technical aspects of the job. He made disparaging remarks about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinksy. Very inappropriate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They reduced initial offer from what the hiring manager originally promised. Eventually received what I was promised but not without waiting for weeks for them to get their act in order.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Osram Sylvania (Beverly, MA).

Interview

First a phone screening interview with HR, basic background questions, resume-oriented questions related with the research intern position. About a month later, onsite interview with the hiring team. First part was a short presentation / job talk, followed by a group Q&A session. Most questions are about technical implementation in my research projects. Lastly, I had a tour in their facility.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Osram Sylvania (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview consisted of a round of phone interviews followed by a face-to-face interview. The phone interviews were generalized attempting to gain better understanding of your background, experiences, and interest in the company. The face-to-face was more of a behavioral interview peppered with some specific questions on the position itself. The reason for my negative experience is that I thought the companies interviewing practices were poor and unprofessional. Now I have done recruiting in the past and understand not everyone can be contacted with a reasoning why they were passed upon, but this lies more with those who have only completed a phone screening or phone interview. Whenever you invite someone in to interview face-to-face you owe them the courtesy of a phone call or email explaining that you have found someone else and thank you for your time. I received none of that. Even after a thank you email and a followup email I received no word on my status. Luckily I found a much better position shortly thereafter.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Osram Sylvania (Hillsboro, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

Thorough but not intimidating. Lots of open ended questions. Past experience related questions and how do you handle pressure situations and stress. People skill related questions. How do you handle working in a manufacturing environment?

Interview Questions

• What is one word that best describes you?   1 Answer

I found another job closer to home.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Osram Sylvania.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the auditors as well as the Director of auditing. Questions were straight forward and both interviewers were laid back. Were looking for someone they could mold by using new programs.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Versailles, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Osram Sylvania (Versailles, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was a 20 minute awkward Q&A session, which should have been a red flag for me. My offer came a few days later. Any company worth anything in today's market will do a minimum of 2 interviews, but the trend is 3 or 4 for a professional position like this.

Interview Questions

• It seemed like they got their interview questions out of "Interviewing for Dummies". None of the interview spoke to their business.   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Osram Sylvania (Danvers, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with manager, followed by on-site interview. The interview process started at 9:00 am and took until 4:30 pm and included lunch with the manager and his director. The proposed work was extremely interesting to me and concerned some cutting edge technology. I had a great time during the interviews and met a number of people who seemed engaged and happy to be at the company. I received a competitive offer but overall the compensation level was just a little bit too low, and even though the company raised their original offer, we could not reach an agreement. Too bad, as I was ready to take the job.

Interview Questions

• Since I had covered a great deal during the phone interview, the on-site interview was pro forma. There were some simple programming questions but nothing that anyone with some experience could not answer.   1 Answer

Benefit package was industry-standard and there was a generous relocation package, but the proposed yearly compensation was too low after I took the cost of living into account.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Osram Sylvania (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Screening interview, interview with manager. The interview was not intense but pointed and the questions were more like a "situational analysis" type of discussion to try and extract info.

Interview Questions

• Did you have quotas you had to meet? How did you deal with being over or under quota?   Answer Question