Otis Elevator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

Accounting Analyst Interview

Interview

After going through 8 interviews I have received no follow up call or email. I think is rude to candidates. I don't understand why they would take up a persons time with no intention of offering them a job.

Sales Account Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Otis Elevator.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center. Was contacted via email that I was selected for an on-campus interview. Interview was very casual, talked about the company, the position, and then typical interview questions (behavioral). Was later emailed saying I made it to the next round and would be flown out to East Hartford, Connecticut for final interviews. There was an info session then a total of 3 interviews, with 2 different people in each. I think they have a week or so of interviews, with about 64 candidates total.. not sure how many positions available. After the day of interviews, we were told that we would hear back by the middle of the next week.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Otis Elevator in April 2015.

Interview

Meet with GM and senior engineer discussed position, travel requirements, previous employment, typical screening questions. I waited a few weeks for them to get back to me with an offer

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Otis Elevator (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Emotional roller-coaster. 4 panels: 2 "good cop" normal, nice people, 2 "bad cop" extremely tough, bully-like, try to tear you down emotionally. At the end of the four panels you are required to give a 4 minute presentation. Dont go over time, someone in the back of the room will literally stand up and interrupt you and tell you to stop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you deserve this position over the other people here today?   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Otis Elevator (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through a staffing agency. After a briefing about the company, the agency told me I was a good candidate for the job. Flew to a regional office on my own dime for the interview. The interview was with 3 people; an HR manager and 2 service managers. They asked pretty standard questions pertaining to leadership. They also asked questions based off of my resume. Overall not a difficult interview. The staffing agency provided us with some example questions to be prepared to answer and most of the questions were what they asked or were very similar.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little to no communication between me and Otis. The staffing agency did all of the work with the company. All we did was provide a requested salary and top 5 location preferences. The company chose which candidates they wanted and then sent out offers about a month after the interviews.

Senior Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Otis Elevator (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

First phone screening went well then on site interview met with several executives spent 1.5 hours interviewing. Went well I was prepared. I also met with sales team very helpful they explained company expectations what my territory would be and salary and benefits. Great company to work for . I accepted the job

Interview Questions

• Very difficult questions asked a lot of how would I deal with obsticules . Had to sell them a pencil...hate these types of questions. Meet with human resources for an hour them VP of sales great interview and they were happy with my selling pencil performance. I was offered the sales job ! Best decision I ever made. See o your home work try to know your audience be prepared.   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Otis Elevator (Farmington, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

The two people that interviewed me where very pleasant. They provided me with the information that i needed even before i asked them. I sat down with one of the CSR to listens to calls l.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations.

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Otis Elevator in September 2014.

Interview

I met with the Otis Elevator representatives at my schools career fair. After having a great conversation with one of the head sales men, he asked me if I would like to have an interview the following day. The next day I had the interview and it was mainly asking about myself and why I wanted to get into sales. He told me more about the position, the company, and answered all the questions that I had. I thought the interview went really well, the interviewer seemed very interested but the following day I was notified that I had not moved on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to convince a group of people to change their mind and follow your lead   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Otis Elevator in April 2014.

Interview

Was called by Hiring Manager who conducted a phone interview. It went well and I felt confident I would get a call back. Was contacted by HR to travel to Florence for a face to face. Arrived in Florence and checked in. Was informed by the person that greeted me that the Engineering Manager, the person that was scheduled to start the interview was not on site. Conducted a one on one interview with the person that greeted me. It was followed up by two group interviews. Was given a tour of the production area and test site. I was then informed that the HR representative that was scheduled to interview me was on vacation. All and all the content of the interviews seemed to go fairly well with the exception of one of the interviewers who seemed to ask irrelevant questions like questioning my longevity at current company which is approximately 9 years?? Also, he didn't seem to be able to understand what I was describing technically. The other interviewer seemed to be annoyed with him. The interview was conducted on a Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember exactly. By Friday I received a form email that I would not be selected. I submitted my expenses for the trip. It took approximately 6 weeks to get reimbursed from an extremely unprofessional HR department. On a side note, that interview was about 3 months ago and the position is still open. I think they are very confused at the Florence location.

Interview Questions

• Question related to my tenor at other companies. Seemed strange since I have been at current company 9 years.   Answer Question

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Otis Elevator (Farmington, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview ended up with me interviewing them. My advice; prepare solid questions about the work you'll be doing, the company and the leadership opportunities offered by UTC. Do research on your interviewer and tailor your responses to his / her responsibilitie

Negotiation

The terms were good. High hourly rate with stipend.