OtterBox Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OtterBox in April 2014.

You'll start off as a temporary contract employee. For me that meant going to elwood staffing and filling out paperwork, release forms that mainly had to do with factory positions, and doing a quiz on chemical safety.

Interview? What interview, they asked me some very basic questions that equated to am I a friendly person or not and if I like to sit on my behind and talk on the phone. Which I do. They were very helpful with the paperwork and it was an overall pleasant interview.

Interview Questions
    • Assumed that i'd get the dreaded question of "How do you deal with a difficult customer." But none of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question
    None. Its a contract/Temp position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OtterBox.

The interview was fairly easy to get. I applied at a staffing agency and they asked me a few questions about my experience and what I felt my strengths were as well what I was looking for in a work environment. Due to my experience in call centers I went it and had absolutely no issue with the process.

There was no room for negotiation. You were hired on for a start time, and either full or part time. I was hoping to get paid more due to my experience but there was no room for that either as with most call centers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Weird interview setup where groups of about twenty candidates at a time were directed to sit in a waiting area, and called up one at a time to interview with a current employee at a long table with two other interviews taking place at the same table. Really hard to focus with all the background noise. Felt more like an audition than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in one of your past jobs in which you showed leadership   Answer Question
    Really nothing to negotiate, just a temp job that pays $10 an hour, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at OtterBox in October 2012.

They use a temp-hire position in customer service. I really didn't have an interview to get the temp position and then once you start working they essentially evaluate how good you are to determine if you will be hired on to Otter payroll or not.

Interview Questions
    • As stated, I didn't go through an interview for the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay rates are firm.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OtterBox.

Met recruiter at a job fair. Spoke on the phone the next day. Interviewed with hiring manager on the phone a few days later. Was invited to on site job fair to discuss position and check out the location in Ft. Collins. The recruiter was good about answering emails until I asked the question of the salary range, and then I never heard back. Unexpectedly, there were round robin interviews scheduled with 3 managers at their job fair. Recruiter stated we would hear something by the end of the week. Did not hear anything so I waited a few more days, and the following week I emailed her again, and no response. Finally, by the end of the next week, I received a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard behavioral questions. Nothing was too tough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OtterBox in July 2012.

I applied online through SOS Employment. They e-mailed me requesting a basic skills assessment proving I know how to work in a call center environment. Interview was done at SOS Employment Group. Everything went fairly smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question
    Yes or No, do you want the job?

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OtterBox in March 2012.

Initial Communications came from an application online. Initial contact was an phone interview which turned into a in person interview in the next week. They Contacted me quickly and set up an interview within a week. Good to talk to and fun culture. I suggest this company to any one.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see your weaknesses fitting in with our company.   Answer Question

National Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OtterBox in February 2012.

Basic phone interview with HR representative confirming employment history and reasons for changing jobs.

All Purpose Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at OtterBox in December 2010.

Adivce given to future candiates , accept positions with any fast moving Company, due to Respect given via company, options given by company . Intitial communications well received .

Interview Questions
    • What room do you see our company advancing with these tough economical ecoclassical times? answer Global advancement.........   View Answer
    • How would our company fit in a stock-exchange?   View Answer
    Negotiable terms accepted, advice given to others, ask for stock-share purchase plans...

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at OtterBox in May 2010.

Long, drawn out interview process with little communication from HR team. After 4 months of waiting, I was finally offered a position.

No negotiation. They were firm on offer.