OtterBox

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Collins, CO

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at OtterBox in October 2012.

Interview Details – They use a temp-hire position in customer service. I really didn't have an interview to get the temp position and then once you start working they essentially evaluate how good you are to determine if you will be hired on to Otter payroll or not.

Interview Question – As stated, I didn't go through an interview for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay rates are firm.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at OtterBox in May 2010.

Interview Details – Long, drawn out interview process with little communication from HR team. After 4 months of waiting, I was finally offered a position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They were firm on offer.

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OtterBox.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy to get. I applied at a staffing agency and they asked me a few questions about my experience and what I felt my strengths were as well what I was looking for in a work environment. Due to my experience in call centers I went it and had absolutely no issue with the process.

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. You were hired on for a start time, and either full or part time. I was hoping to get paid more due to my experience but there was no room for that either as with most call centers.

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OtterBox in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through SOS Employment. They e-mailed me requesting a basic skills assessment proving I know how to work in a call center environment. Interview was done at SOS Employment Group. Everything went fairly smooth.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes or No, do you want the job?

Interviewed at OtterBox

Interview Details – Weird interview setup where groups of about twenty candidates at a time were directed to sit in a waiting area, and called up one at a time to interview with a current employee at a long table with two other interviews taking place at the same table. Really hard to focus with all the background noise. Felt more like an audition than an interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in one of your past jobs in which you showed leadership   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really nothing to negotiate, just a temp job that pays $10 an hour, take it or leave it.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Call Center Supervisor
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OtterBox.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at a job fair. Spoke on the phone the next day. Interviewed with hiring manager on the phone a few days later. Was invited to on site job fair to discuss position and check out the location in Ft. Collins. The recruiter was good about answering emails until I asked the question of the salary range, and then I never heard back. Unexpectedly, there were round robin interviews scheduled with 3 managers at their job fair. Recruiter stated we would hear something by the end of the week. Did not hear anything so I waited a few more days, and the following week I emailed her again, and no response. Finally, by the end of the next week, I received a phone call.

Interview Question – The questions were standard behavioral questions. Nothing was too tough.   Answer Question

National Accounts Interview

National Accounts
Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OtterBox in February 2012.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview with HR representative confirming employment history and reasons for changing jobs.

Interview Questions

All Purpose Clerk Interview

All Purpose Clerk
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at OtterBox in December 2010.

Interview Details – Adivce given to future candiates , accept positions with any fast moving Company, due to Respect given via company, options given by company . Intitial communications well received .

Interview Questions

• What room do you see our company advancing with these tough economical ecoclassical times? answer Global advancement.........   View Answer
  • How would our company fit in a stock-exchange?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiable terms accepted, advice given to others, ask for stock-share purchase plans...

Senior I T Technician Interview

Senior I T Technician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OtterBox.

Interview Details – The process was fine - 2 phone interviews and then an in-person interview. I was trying to figure out salary as I want to relocate to Fort Collins but I currently have a job and don't want to take a pay cut. They wouldn't say anything about the salary range and then when I stated how much I made now, I was told that they felt I "wanted more" than the position was (not sure if they meant the job responsibilities or salary). I might have been overqualified.

Someone close to me also interviewed for a position there and after a couple of phone interviews they didn't mention the salary until after an hour-long phone interview and it was waaaaaaaay low for what normally is paid for similar jobs in the area.

At the in-person interview the one thing that stood out to me is how much money they've spent on their headquarters. I got this vibe like they were spending too much money and it made me worried about the company's future.

Also, my interviews got rescheduled multiple times and so did the interviews for my friend who interviewed there.

Interview Question – The questions were typical and easy - "where do you see yourself in 5 years" but apparently I came off too ambitious.   Answer Question

Worked for OtterBox? Contribute to the Community!