Outback Steakhouse

1.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I was just called in and asked about previous experiences, they were completely okay with the fact that I had none. They basically use the interview to look at your personality, to see if you fit their standards.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, it was already set.

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Hostess Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Went in for an interview and it was a behavioral interview consisting of basic "What would you do" questions. Then I took a logic test just to qualify for the position, it was super easy basically just over like analogies and stuff. Very quick interview and very quick to start the job.

Interview Questions
    • "If the phone was ringing, and you had a customer waiting in the restaurant what would you do?"   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First, I was asked to take a basic test which seemed to test for personality/ basic aptitude. Fairly straight-forward. 2 days later was asked to come back for an interview with a Manager. Was asked basic questions about experience in the restaurant industry ( I had none) and was asked about my availability. I was hired on the spot, and began training/work the next day.

Interview Questions
    • If after work, you were to see a guest with a flat tire, what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in July 2012.

Filled out app online. Was called in a couple days for interview. Interview was short and very easy. Offered job on right away. Hostesses make 2.13 an hour plus tip share which is 1% of the sales. Not cool that they make the waiters pay hostess salaries. Manager was easy to get along with.

Not enough pay/hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in November 2011.

I had two interviews. The first one was with the manager and he asked me some questions about me previous work experience and why I would like to work for them. He went off a list of questions from a paper saying "Tell me of a time you handled a difficult time with a customer.
    The second interview was with the owner who had the same list of questions and ended the interview early. Pretty much said if I made it past the first one I was hired. The owner just wanted to meet me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us?
      How much customer service experience do you have?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2011.

It was very strange to be asked each of the personality questions, especially with them being so repetitive. I was told me answers were not really right, because they weren't detailed enough...who can say something really heartfelt about what hospitality means to them?

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2010.

Online , then a 1:1 interview and questioner / personality test

Interview Questions
    • They had a portion of the personality test that was Math I thought that was strange for a restaurant I’m not sure if they were actually checking for math or just your reasoning capabilities or if you gave up on the test.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2009.

Simple questions were asked. Such as "list everything you would say and do to make a guest feel welcome."

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Expect to take personality and culture questionnaires as well as scenario questions by a manager. After this you must learn the menu and drink menu and take tests. They will have you then fill out paperwork and purchase any necessary clothing items.

No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in July 2012.

I applied online to be a hostess and about 3 weeks later received a phone call to set up an interview. The interview was held during the time before the restaurant opened so it was pretty much just me and the manager. After asking a few typical questions the manager launched right into the duties of a hostess/what is expected and asked what questions I had. After he answered the few questions I had he offered me the job! I think they just look to see if you are friendly and energetic!

Interview Questions
    • Why Outback? What can you tell me about yourself? When would you be available to work?   Answer Question

Love the restaurant but received a better offer at a different place!