Outback Steakhouse Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

its was more of an outgoing and relaxed process.i called them after a week of applying and got an interview the next day because i introduced myself instead of waiting for them to find my application and i only have retail experience.my first interview was with the manager and she just asked ,why would i want to work at outback.after a bit of talking and complimenting she said i need to see next with proprietor.My second interview went just a great.she was outgoing and honest.she then proceeded to have my application in hand and she asked about 5 questions and immediately said i'm hired.they were mostly scenario question like ,"describe a time.."

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where a customer asked for something you couldn't provide and how you handled it and your manager complimented you on it.   1 Answer
  • how do you thing your manager would describe your work style?   1 Answer
  • why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
  • describe a time where you worked around a fast paced environment and how you provided for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Jenkintown, PA).

Interview

I was just called in and asked about previous experiences, they were completely okay with the fact that I had none. They basically use the interview to look at your personality, to see if you fit their standards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was already set.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Went in for an interview and it was a behavioral interview consisting of basic "What would you do" questions. Then I took a logic test just to qualify for the position, it was super easy basically just over like analogies and stuff. Very quick interview and very quick to start the job.

Interview Questions

• "If the phone was ringing, and you had a customer waiting in the restaurant what would you do?"   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

First, I was asked to take a basic test which seemed to test for personality/ basic aptitude. Fairly straight-forward. 2 days later was asked to come back for an interview with a Manager. Was asked basic questions about experience in the restaurant industry ( I had none) and was asked about my availability. I was hired on the spot, and began training/work the next day.

Interview Questions

• If after work, you were to see a guest with a flat tire, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Williamsburg, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Filled out app online. Was called in a couple days for interview. Interview was short and very easy. Offered job on right away. Hostesses make 2.13 an hour plus tip share which is 1% of the sales. Not cool that they make the waiters pay hostess salaries. Manager was easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Not difficult   1 Answer

Not enough pay/hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Stockton, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was with the manager and he asked me some questions about me previous work experience and why I would like to work for them. He went off a list of questions from a paper saying "Tell me of a time you handled a difficult time with a customer.
    The second interview was with the owner who had the same list of questions and ended the interview early. Pretty much said if I made it past the first one I was hired. The owner just wanted to meet me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      How much customer service experience do you have?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Springfield, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was very strange to be asked each of the personality questions, especially with them being so repetitive. I was told me answers were not really right, because they weren't detailed enough...who can say something really heartfelt about what hospitality means to them?

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2010.

Interview

Online , then a 1:1 interview and questioner / personality test

Interview Questions

• They had a portion of the personality test that was Math I thought that was strange for a restaurant I’m not sure if they were actually checking for math or just your reasoning capabilities or if you gave up on the test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Butler, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

Simple questions were asked. Such as "list everything you would say and do to make a guest feel welcome."

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Expect to take personality and culture questionnaires as well as scenario questions by a manager. After this you must learn the menu and drink menu and take tests. They will have you then fill out paperwork and purchase any necessary clothing items.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.