Outback Steakhouse Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Asked about my work experience, why I wanted to work there, how I think I could be an asset, gave me scenarios to see how I would handle situations, talked about the company's values and goals

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good in a restaurant setting?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

its was more of an outgoing and relaxed process.i called them after a week of applying and got an interview the next day because i introduced myself instead of waiting for them to find my application and i only have retail experience.my first interview was with the manager and she just asked ,why would i want to work at outback.after a bit of talking and complimenting she said i need to see next with proprietor.My second interview went just a great.she was outgoing and honest.she then proceeded to have my application in hand and she asked about 5 questions and immediately said i'm hired.they were mostly scenario question like ,"describe a time.."

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where a customer asked for something you couldn't provide and how you handled it and your manager complimented you on it.   1 Answer
    • how do you thing your manager would describe your work style?   1 Answer
    • why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • describe a time where you worked around a fast paced environment and how you provided for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Wayne, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Apply online Call in or usually they call to follow up Go in for a scheduled interview where you sit down with the hiring manager The questions are not too hard just regular Whole process is very easy and quick Very laid back do not worry If they like you they tell you and hire you then and there or will most likley call

Interview Questions

• Why outback? Any restaurant experience? Are you good with people? Are you willing to help servers and bartenders as well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Jenkintown, PA).

Interview

I was just called in and asked about previous experiences, they were completely okay with the fact that I had none. They basically use the interview to look at your personality, to see if you fit their standards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was already set.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Went in for an interview and it was a behavioral interview consisting of basic "What would you do" questions. Then I took a logic test just to qualify for the position, it was super easy basically just over like analogies and stuff. Very quick interview and very quick to start the job.

Interview Questions

• "If the phone was ringing, and you had a customer waiting in the restaurant what would you do?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (South Florida, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Simple, asked some questions, if they liked you they set up your first training day. Training would be held a few days later, and if they don't ask after the interview, chances are they didn't really feel you were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

First, I was asked to take a basic test which seemed to test for personality/ basic aptitude. Fairly straight-forward. 2 days later was asked to come back for an interview with a Manager. Was asked basic questions about experience in the restaurant industry ( I had none) and was asked about my availability. I was hired on the spot, and began training/work the next day.

Interview Questions

• If after work, you were to see a guest with a flat tire, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Williamsburg, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Filled out app online. Was called in a couple days for interview. Interview was short and very easy. Offered job on right away. Hostesses make 2.13 an hour plus tip share which is 1% of the sales. Not cool that they make the waiters pay hostess salaries. Manager was easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Not difficult   1 Answer

Not enough pay/hours

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

It's was a one step process. First they spoke to me and asked me questions about myself and Outback. Then I took a personality-type test and sat and waited for the results. I was offered a job after the results came back.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Stockton, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was with the manager and he asked me some questions about me previous work experience and why I would like to work for them. He went off a list of questions from a paper saying "Tell me of a time you handled a difficult time with a customer. The second interview was with the owner who had the same list of questions and ended the interview early. Pretty much said if I made it past the first one I was hired. The owner just wanted to meet me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? How much customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question