Outback Steakhouse

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online , then a 1:1 interview and questioner / personality test

Interview Question – They had a portion of the personality test that was Math I thought that was strange for a restaurant I’m not sure if they were actually checking for math or just your reasoning capabilities or if you gave up on the test.   View Answer

Jenkintown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – I was just called in and asked about previous experiences, they were completely okay with the fact that I had none. They basically use the interview to look at your personality, to see if you fit their standards.

Interview Question – None. Nothing unreasonable, i was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was already set.

Hostess

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – Went in for an interview and it was a behavioral interview consisting of basic "What would you do" questions. Then I took a logic test just to qualify for the position, it was super easy basically just over like analogies and stuff. Very quick interview and very quick to start the job.

Interview Question – "If the phone was ringing, and you had a customer waiting in the restaurant what would you do?"   Answer Question

Butler, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2009.

Interview Details – Simple questions were asked. Such as "list everything you would say and do to make a guest feel welcome."

Interview Question – How can you be a leader at this restaurant?   Answer Question

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – First, I was asked to take a basic test which seemed to test for personality/ basic aptitude. Fairly straight-forward. 2 days later was asked to come back for an interview with a Manager. Was asked basic questions about experience in the restaurant industry ( I had none) and was asked about my availability. I was hired on the spot, and began training/work the next day.

Interview Question – If after work, you were to see a guest with a flat tire, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Williamsburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in July 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out app online. Was called in a couple days for interview. Interview was short and very easy. Offered job on right away. Hostesses make 2.13 an hour plus tip share which is 1% of the sales. Not cool that they make the waiters pay hostess salaries. Manager was easy to get along with.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Not difficult   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough pay/hours

Springfield, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was very strange to be asked each of the personality questions, especially with them being so repetitive. I was told me answers were not really right, because they weren't detailed enough...who can say something really heartfelt about what hospitality means to them?

Interview Question – What does hospitality mean to you?   Answer Question

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – Expect to take personality and culture questionnaires as well as scenario questions by a manager. After this you must learn the menu and drink menu and take tests. They will have you then fill out paperwork and purchase any necessary clothing items.

Interview Question – "What would you do with an intoxicated guest?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Hostess

I applied online - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online to be a hostess and about 3 weeks later received a phone call to set up an interview. The interview was held during the time before the restaurant opened so it was pretty much just me and the manager. After asking a few typical questions the manager launched right into the duties of a hostess/what is expected and asked what questions I had. After he answered the few questions I had he offered me the job! I think they just look to see if you are friendly and energetic!

Interview Question – Why Outback? What can you tell me about yourself? When would you be available to work?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Love the restaurant but received a better offer at a different place!

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2009.

Interview Details – Went in during the week right after open. Applied right on the spot and was asked to take a quick test. After scores are faxed off for results, I was introduced to proprietor. Had a one on one interview that was laid back and comfortable. Asked for a few typical interview questions about my thoughts on customer service. Was hired right on the spot. Hoping each interview I ever have has the same simplicity.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you? How can you assist a needy customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Outback Steakhouse

Worked for Outback Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!