Outback Steakhouse

86 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Host Interview

Host

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – Well I filled out an application online got a call the next day. Got a interview within a few days. Interviewer was very nice and set me up for a second interview. I got the job within a week of filling the application. Simple process. I didn't have any job experience so I'm grateful that Outback gave me a chance.

First interview: personal, tell me about yourself.
Second interview: goals, recent projects, leadership.

Interview Questions

Server

I applied in-person and interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – First step was taking a large personality test. Then once you pass that they give you a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. They'll ask typical interview questions, straight from a packet. If you pass that then you move on to the final round of taking the food/drink test. It's brutal - fill in the blank, no word bank, entire menu test. Once you pass that with at least a 98% then the rest is smooth sailing. You're in.

Interview Question – If another server needs help and you are already behind, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What times and days worked best for my schedule.

Interview Details – Called in

Went in for interview questions

Pretty easy going interview

ask if i had been a server before and my customer service skills loved the women who interviewed me she was very straight forward.

took a mini test on selling a drink and passed so i was ask to be a server there enjoyed the interview process

Server/Bartender Interview

Server/Bartender
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in May 2010.

Interview Details – First there is the obvious application submittal. They get a TON of applications, so I would recommend calling back at least twice to show that you are serious about the job. There was only one interview and it went smoothly. They really want to see how easily you can talk with a stranger and be upbeat.

Interview Question – Asked what I would do in a lot of situations that prompted me to think on my feet -- definitely was not prepared, but they were not questions that were unfair given the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, in person interview, orientation, online classes and tests required before can begin work. Interview was pretty typical for an hourly restaurant position - ask about multitasking skills, sense of urgency, attention to detail, customer service, willingness to work "odd" (though not odd to us in the industry) hours and days.

Interview Question – How would you handle _____________ situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's an hourly position, pays 2.13 an hour like other typical restaurant FOH positions following federal minimum wage policy.

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in September 2012.

Interview Details – They'll hire literally anyone to work in the kitchen. Applied on their site, got called a day later to meet with the kitchen manager. Very laid back interview, got asked basic questions about my application and availability. Interview lasted maybe 10 minutes then he handed me an apron and said lets get started. Pay was also discussed, but was very relaxed and based on experience.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Interviewed at Outback Steakhouse

Interview Details – First the interview is not that hard asking you general interview questions, but the menu and liquor test was pretty hard having to know everything on the menu food and liquor which is a lot of stuff

Interview Question – not any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Interviewed at Outback Steakhouse

Interview Details – at outback, the process is pretty standard: you complete an online app, then do the online personality test, then wait for a call for an interview. if you don't get a phone call, then they are either not hiring or you did not pass the personality test. the best way to get noticed is to know someone who works there already

Interview Question – none were hard   Answer Question

Assistant Front of House Manager Interview

Assistant Front of House Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hired immediately as server/key after interview. Promised a salaried position but after 2 years left for a much better position. Over-worked and under paid for the position. Promises by manager never met. Glad to be gone!

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Host Interview

Host

Interviewed at Outback Steakhouse

Interview Details – I sent in my application to the manager. Two weeks later I called them and asked for a status on it. They lost the application and asked for me to come in for an interview. Once I came in for the interview the proprietor came and interviewed me on the spot. He asked me to sit down and just asked what I did. Simple basic questions. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Describe your work history.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Outback Steakhouse

Worked for Outback Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!