Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.1

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Got a call about 2 months after I had applied online, We had scheduled the interview for two days after I received the call. Interview took place at a table in the bar and I was hired on the spot. Manager got my paperwork together and sent me home to study for the menu and drink test.

Interview Questions
    • basic interview, asked how I viewed teamwork and what it meant to me, why I thought I'd be a good fit, etc   Answer Question

Key- Manager Interview

Had a interview with the regional manager who was overseeing all the outbacks in Lower part of Texas. She was very nice and took about 1 hour of my time to ask my questions.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Well I filled out an application online got a call the next day. Got a interview within a few days. Interviewer was very nice and set me up for a second interview. I got the job within a week of filling the application. Simple process. I didn't have any job experience so I'm grateful that Outback gave me a chance.

First interview: personal, tell me about yourself.
    Second interview: goals, recent projects, leadership.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First step was taking a large personality test. Then once you pass that they give you a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. They'll ask typical interview questions, straight from a packet. If you pass that then you move on to the final round of taking the food/drink test. It's brutal - fill in the blank, no word bank, entire menu test. Once you pass that with at least a 98% then the rest is smooth sailing. You're in.

Interview Questions
    • If another server needs help and you are already behind, what do you do?   Answer Question
    What times and days worked best for my schedule.

Called in

Went in for interview questions

Pretty easy going interview

ask if i had been a server before and my customer service skills loved the women who interviewed me she was very straight forward.

took a mini test on selling a drink and passed so i was ask to be a server there enjoyed the interview process

Server Interview

First the interview is not that hard asking you general interview questions, but the menu and liquor test was pretty hard having to know everything on the menu food and liquor which is a lot of stuff

there was none

Server Interview

at outback, the process is pretty standard: you complete an online app, then do the online personality test, then wait for a call for an interview. if you don't get a phone call, then they are either not hiring or you did not pass the personality test. the best way to get noticed is to know someone who works there already

Host Interview

I sent in my application to the manager. Two weeks later I called them and asked for a status on it. They lost the application and asked for me to come in for an interview. Once I came in for the interview the proprietor came and interviewed me on the spot. He asked me to sit down and just asked what I did. Simple basic questions. I got hired on the spot.

Key Manager/Grill Cook/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I started as a host and there was not much of an interview process five years ago, just met up to meet with manager and took a personality test. After receiving the job I have worked my way up with no real interview processes since then.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I filled out an application at the restaurant and a personality type test. I received a call back within a week, had two separate interviews, and was hired within two weeks of applying. The questions were basic, situational questions.