Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.0

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Asked about my work experience, why I wanted to work there, how I think I could be an asset, gave me scenarios to see how I would handle situations, talked about the company's values and goals

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good in a restaurant setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Conducted during an Outback job fair. While there were a lot of people there and the wait to interview was long, the interview itself was short. I primarily answered questions about why I wanted the job (I had never served before), why I should be hired, etc. Easy and got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called the next day to set up an interview. Went in and was asked 'form' questions. Sandy didn't really seem interested while interviewing me. Stated the interview process was three interviews with the final interview with the owner and for me to call back later that evening to check my status. Called back but she stated they chose someone else. Hiring one person, I doubt it. I asked why not me and she stated I didn't have the computer experience. She never asked about it during the interview. I have several years restaurant and customer service experience and work full time during the day with extensive computer experience, much more than clicking buttons on a POS system. Especially now that the systems are on the tables for the patrons. Bottom line, I wasn't hired because of my age.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Burlington, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The manger interviewed me for only 5 minutes and told me to go home and take a survey and that when I was finished they would call her and call me back for another interview. It has been at least two weeks and I have yet to receive another phone call.

Anonymous Employee in Royersford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Royersford, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview which led to 2 in person interviews. Overall it was not very professional, the manager who had scheduled my interview called out sick and never followed up with me and an assistant manager had to do the interview which i could tell she does not do it very often. It took about 45 minutes for them to interview me the first time. The follow up interview was scheduled for the following week with the original manager and took about 30 minutes to see me. The interview was awkward as i had to re-introduce myself to her and basically reexplain the phone screen and the 1st interview to her. She seemed disinterested the whole time and only interested if i was going to make a career out of it.She said to think about taking the job that night and she would call the next day and if she didn't call me i was to call her the following day, which i did and she did not answer the phone which seemed very unprofessional. Overall this store did not seem like they cared enough to hire someone, I'm sure its very different between stores and i would recommend this restaurant to others. They responded quickly to me submitting to the job which was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How do i see myself in a team working environment, what would my former boss say about me.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Interview

Went long and thorough People and managers friendly and willing to meet new candidates Respectful service got offered a meal at interview good team environment from front of house and back Told it was fast paced

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Applied online, called in for an interview, set up a second interview, offered the job. The entire hiring process was incredibly fast and streamlined. After being hired, there were training shifts and an orientation that were required. While this section took about 3 weeks to complete, it was fairly straightforward. Overall, the experience was okay. The managers and staff were polite and friendly during the interview/ hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied at the restaurant and go a call for an interview one day later. The entire process was really easy and there's nothing to be afraid of. The people that work in Outback are really good, they make you feel comfortable and easy talking.

Interview Questions

• Basic questons like: Why should I hire you, What do you know about Outback, Are you avaiable to work holidays and weekends?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

its was more of an outgoing and relaxed process.i called them after a week of applying and got an interview the next day because i introduced myself instead of waiting for them to find my application and i only have retail experience.my first interview was with the manager and she just asked ,why would i want to work at outback.after a bit of talking and complimenting she said i need to see next with proprietor.My second interview went just a great.she was outgoing and honest.she then proceeded to have my application in hand and she asked about 5 questions and immediately said i'm hired.they were mostly scenario question like ,"describe a time.."

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where a customer asked for something you couldn't provide and how you handled it and your manager complimented you on it.   1 Answer
    • how do you thing your manager would describe your work style?   1 Answer
    • why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • describe a time where you worked around a fast paced environment and how you provided for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day to call to schedule an interview. My first interview was held with the proprietor and he asked basic questions that I assume he asks all candidates. He schedule me for a follow up interview with another manager which was a more personal interview. Questions were asked about how my life is and what my interests and hobbies were, and why I wanted to work for Outback. I was hired concluding the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition or hospitality.   1 Answer