Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

2.1

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in March 2015.

its was more of an outgoing and relaxed process.i called them after a week of applying and got an interview the next day because i introduced myself instead of waiting for them to find my application and i only have retail experience.my first interview was with the manager and she just asked ,why would i want to work at outback.after a bit of talking and complimenting she said i need to see next with proprietor.My second interview went just a great.she was outgoing and honest.she then proceeded to have my application in hand and she asked about 5 questions and immediately said i'm hired.they were mostly scenario question like ,"describe a time.."

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where a customer asked for something you couldn't provide and how you handled it and your manager complimented you on it.   View Answer
    • how do you thing your manager would describe your work style?   View Answer
    • why did you leave your last job?   View Answer
    • describe a time where you worked around a fast paced environment and how you provided for a customer?   View Answer
    none

Server/Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later. When I went in for the interview I wasn't asked any real questions. I was interviewed right at a table in the restaurant. The whole process was friendly and quick.

Host Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Managers don't care about your answers. Its all pre-set questions. If you get the interview you will get the job. Just look nice and polite. Inter view took less than 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided great customer service.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

The hiring and interview process wasn't that difficult. I printed out the application online next day turned it in. I was fortunate to get a phone call the next day to come in for a interview and got the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult or unexpected questions asked during the interviews. Just your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Got a call about 2 months after I had applied online, We had scheduled the interview for two days after I received the call. Interview took place at a table in the bar and I was hired on the spot. Manager got my paperwork together and sent me home to study for the menu and drink test.

Interview Questions
    • basic interview, asked how I viewed teamwork and what it meant to me, why I thought I'd be a good fit, etc   Answer Question

Key- Manager Interview

Had a interview with the regional manager who was overseeing all the outbacks in Lower part of Texas. She was very nice and took about 1 hour of my time to ask my questions.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Well I filled out an application online got a call the next day. Got a interview within a few days. Interviewer was very nice and set me up for a second interview. I got the job within a week of filling the application. Simple process. I didn't have any job experience so I'm grateful that Outback gave me a chance.

First interview: personal, tell me about yourself.
    Second interview: goals, recent projects, leadership.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First step was taking a large personality test. Then once you pass that they give you a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. They'll ask typical interview questions, straight from a packet. If you pass that then you move on to the final round of taking the food/drink test. It's brutal - fill in the blank, no word bank, entire menu test. Once you pass that with at least a 98% then the rest is smooth sailing. You're in.

Interview Questions
    • If another server needs help and you are already behind, what do you do?   Answer Question
    What times and days worked best for my schedule.

Called in

Went in for interview questions

Pretty easy going interview

ask if i had been a server before and my customer service skills loved the women who interviewed me she was very straight forward.

took a mini test on selling a drink and passed so i was ask to be a server there enjoyed the interview process

Server Interview

First the interview is not that hard asking you general interview questions, but the menu and liquor test was pretty hard having to know everything on the menu food and liquor which is a lot of stuff

there was none