Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

its was more of an outgoing and relaxed process.i called them after a week of applying and got an interview the next day because i introduced myself instead of waiting for them to find my application and i only have retail experience.my first interview was with the manager and she just asked ,why would i want to work at outback.after a bit of talking and complimenting she said i need to see next with proprietor.My second interview went just a great.she was outgoing and honest.she then proceeded to have my application in hand and she asked about 5 questions and immediately said i'm hired.they were mostly scenario question like ,"describe a time.."

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where a customer asked for something you couldn't provide and how you handled it and your manager complimented you on it.   1 Answer
    • how do you thing your manager would describe your work style?   1 Answer
    • why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • describe a time where you worked around a fast paced environment and how you provided for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day to call to schedule an interview. My first interview was held with the proprietor and he asked basic questions that I assume he asks all candidates. He schedule me for a follow up interview with another manager which was a more personal interview. Questions were asked about how my life is and what my interests and hobbies were, and why I wanted to work for Outback. I was hired concluding the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition or hospitality.   1 Answer

Server/Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later. When I went in for the interview I wasn't asked any real questions. I was interviewed right at a table in the restaurant. The whole process was friendly and quick.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Burke, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very few questions. She just asked about how I handle high stress/fast-paced environments and what I would do if a customer was upset, etc. Seemed very chill. Took about 7 minutes and I got hired on the spot with no previous serving experience. We set up a time for me to come back in and start training and that was it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset with their meal?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Managers don't care about your answers. Its all pre-set questions. If you get the interview you will get the job. Just look nice and polite. Inter view took less than 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Busser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

The hiring and interview process wasn't that difficult. I printed out the application online next day turned it in. I was fortunate to get a phone call the next day to come in for a interview and got the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any difficult or unexpected questions asked during the interviews. Just your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Got a call about 2 months after I had applied online, We had scheduled the interview for two days after I received the call. Interview took place at a table in the bar and I was hired on the spot. Manager got my paperwork together and sent me home to study for the menu and drink test.

Interview Questions

• basic interview, asked how I viewed teamwork and what it meant to me, why I thought I'd be a good fit, etc   Answer Question

Key- Manager Interview

Interview

Had a interview with the regional manager who was overseeing all the outbacks in Lower part of Texas. She was very nice and took about 1 hour of my time to ask my questions.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Well I filled out an application online got a call the next day. Got a interview within a few days. Interviewer was very nice and set me up for a second interview. I got the job within a week of filling the application. Simple process. I didn't have any job experience so I'm grateful that Outback gave me a chance.

First interview: personal, tell me about yourself.
    Second interview: goals, recent projects, leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

First step was taking a large personality test. Then once you pass that they give you a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. They'll ask typical interview questions, straight from a packet. If you pass that then you move on to the final round of taking the food/drink test. It's brutal - fill in the blank, no word bank, entire menu test. Once you pass that with at least a 98% then the rest is smooth sailing. You're in.

Interview Questions

• If another server needs help and you are already behind, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

What times and days worked best for my schedule.