Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called the next day to set up an interview. Went in and was asked 'form' questions. Sandy didn't really seem interested while interviewing me. Stated the interview process was three interviews with the final interview with the owner and for me to call back later that evening to check my status. Called back but she stated they chose someone else. Hiring one person, I doubt it. I asked why not me and she stated I didn't have the computer experience. She never asked about it during the interview. I have several years restaurant and customer service experience and work full time during the day with extensive computer experience, much more than clicking buttons on a POS system. Especially now that the systems are on the tables for the patrons. Bottom line, I wasn't hired because of my age.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Burlington, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The manger interviewed me for only 5 minutes and told me to go home and take a survey and that when I was finished they would call her and call me back for another interview. It has been at least two weeks and I have yet to receive another phone call.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied at the restaurant and go a call for an interview one day later. The entire process was really easy and there's nothing to be afraid of. The people that work in Outback are really good, they make you feel comfortable and easy talking.

Interview Questions

• Basic questons like: Why should I hire you, What do you know about Outback, Are you avaiable to work holidays and weekends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Spring Hill, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager the same day asking me to come in for an interview. The manager was very professional and friendly and asked me a series of questions on my interests, goals, and how I work with other people, how I deal with other coworkers, and how I handle pressure. He wasn't sure whether he wanted to hire me as a hostess or server since I had no experience but I really wanted the server position, so the next day when I came in to fill out my paperwork he had my server training pack ready and asked me again if I really wanted to serve. I'm really happy I was able to get hired on as a server with no experience. Glad to have received my training materials, going over menu items and drinks. I'll be studying all week and start my training next next Friday. Observing the atmosphere, I noticed a lot of the coworkers seemed to have fun working there and getting along with each other. Seems like a fun and lively atmosphere and others who have worked there told me it was great.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Silverdale, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was quick and impersonal. Asked a lot of questions, very fast but nothing to get to know me or my work ethic. Rushed through the whole process. The lady seemed distracted and like she already made up her mind.

Interview Questions

• All generic questions, nothing about how I handle situations.   1 Answer

Server/Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

They had me come in before the restaurant opened. The interview was very basic. We sat in a book and there wasn't anybody around, so that made it a little easier. Hardest question I was asked was "what is integrity to you?" Said I was hired right after, and had to go to an orientation afterwards where the proprietor went over the employee handbook.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Valencia, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

This place is a total joke. The managers should be fired. I applied in April, and it is now almost July, and the manager kept telling me, "A couple of servers are leaving soon, and we will be hiring, call me in a couple of weeks." He told me this same like about four times, until finally I spoke to the kitchen manager, who told me to come in for a test (that takes an hour to complete) like I have nothing better to do. After the test, I never heard from them. So after a week went by, I called the general manager, and he said that I had passed the test, but they were not hiring. I asked him when he will be hiring, and he said he did not know. By the way, the kitchen manager told me that I needed to have recent experience. Well I was laid off from my other job about two years ago, and because of managers like him, I have applied at three hundred restaurants and have not been able to get hired due to the economy. I am currently trying to get in contact with the Outback Corporate office. This is crazy! Also, I just moved down the street from the Outback, and could literally walk to work, if they would just hire me! I can't believe how hard it it to find a stupid job at a restaurant these days! I have never had this much trouble!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Brea, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

I had three interview, two with the manager and one with the owner. I took tests on my personality and how I would handle certain situation in a restaurant. My final interview with the owner was just to set up my schedule and pay checks along with tax information.

Interview Questions

• What qualities about myself I need to work on?   1 Answer

Bus Boy Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in April 2012.

Interview

It started as a group interview consisting of role playing scenarios such as dealing with employee theft and unruly customers. Then we broke up and had a 1:1 interview with the manager. Manager asked why they should hire you, what skills do you have that will help for this position, and what are your goals

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in May 2011.

Interview

tell about your self. how u deal wth different people. how u handle irate customers.waht u can contribute for a company.how deal with co outbackers.u consider yourself long term or short term working at outback

Interview Questions

• if u get hired whath is the first thing u give for the company   Answer Question