Outback Steakhouse

Getting the Interview

71 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – First i did the online application, which includes a long personality test. With true/false questions and questions where you could choose "unlikely, likely, very likely..." and so forth.

Next I did an interview (there was one) i was asked questions like... "if you gave a drink to a table and noticed something in their glass after you had put it down what would you do?"

After the interview you will be given a 10 page menu to study. Its filled with pictures, descriptions and names of each menu item. you will be given a few days to study the 10 pages and then you will come in for a menu test. when you take the test the lines of the 10 pages will be empty and you will have to fill in the names and descriptions of each item.

Throughout this process you will also have to go to a class.. I did not.. my manager at the time did not send new employees to take the menu classes.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really any negotiating.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Jenkintown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – I was just called in and asked about previous experiences, they were completely okay with the fact that I had none. They basically use the interview to look at your personality, to see if you fit their standards.

Interview Question – None. Nothing unreasonable, i was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was already set.

Front of House Manager Interview

Front of House Manager
Lansing, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – Hiring process was simple. Took an assessment and then spoke with the JVP and was hired.

Negotiation Details – I

Managong Partner Interview

Metairie, LA

I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2010.

Interview Details – Structured and scored interview with Joint Venture Partner. Based on behavioral questions. They also have a written test (word problems)

Interview Question – How would you schedule and staff an event based on all kinds of variables   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None all managing partners earn 45k per year with no raises ever.

Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and two days later called in to inquire about my application. They said that they would call me when they are hiring again in two weeks. A week later I visited the store in person and the manager scheduled an interview with me for the next day. I then was interviewed for about 45 minutes with basic questions about my experience and what I would do in certain situations and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions, but they do want to know what you think of the restaurant and what you like the best about it.   View Answer

Head Hostess Interview

Interviewed at Outback Steakhouse

Interview Details – Straight forward interview process. One interview and quick response.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Florissant, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview, input of information, training video.

Interview Question – None, everything was very clear.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, specific hire.

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – Went in for an interview and it was a behavioral interview consisting of basic "What would you do" questions. Then I took a logic test just to qualify for the position, it was super easy basically just over like analogies and stuff. Very quick interview and very quick to start the job.

Interview Question – "If the phone was ringing, and you had a customer waiting in the restaurant what would you do?"   Answer Question

Spring Hill, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager the same day asking me to come in for an interview. The manager was very professional and friendly and asked me a series of questions on my interests, goals, and how I work with other people, how I deal with other coworkers, and how I handle pressure. He wasn't sure whether he wanted to hire me as a hostess or server since I had no experience but I really wanted the server position, so the next day when I came in to fill out my paperwork he had my server training pack ready and asked me again if I really wanted to serve. I'm really happy I was able to get hired on as a server with no experience. Glad to have received my training materials, going over menu items and drinks. I'll be studying all week and start my training next next Friday.

Observing the atmosphere, I noticed a lot of the coworkers seemed to have fun working there and getting along with each other. Seems like a fun and lively atmosphere and others who have worked there told me it was great.

Interview Question – How do you handle stressful situations?   View Answer

Mechanicsville, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2013.

Interview Details – Menu test and sit down with proprietor in order for them to test your knowledge of menu. 3 days of training which is helpful.

Interview Question – Nothing as long as you study the menu.   Answer Question