Outback Steakhouse

2.1

Key Manager/Grill Cook/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I started as a host and there was not much of an interview process five years ago, just met up to meet with manager and took a personality test. After receiving the job I have worked my way up with no real interview processes since then.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I filled out an application at the restaurant and a personality type test. I received a call back within a week, had two separate interviews, and was hired within two weeks of applying. The questions were basic, situational questions.

Line Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Was called to come in for an interview after applying online and got the job that same day.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any real questions it was just a job proposal.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2014.

Everything you'd expect to make sure you were a qualified worker were present. My interviewer originally wanted me to start as a host, then go to takeaway, then to serving. However, I was able to talk my way into serving right away because I saw something that the interviewer did not bring with them; their guard. Any person can walk off on the street and wow someone, but they took a risk which I would advise against. I have done a great job so far, and the interviewer doesn't regret it. However, what if that didnt happen?

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why I would be good at working there; I had never worked in a restaurant like this before so I had to think of it during the interview.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my starting position.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I responded to a craigslist ad

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as is common with this type of job

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First i did the online application, which includes a long personality test. With true/false questions and questions where you could choose "unlikely, likely, very likely..." and so forth.

Next I did an interview (there was one) i was asked questions like... "if you gave a drink to a table and noticed something in their glass after you had put it down what would you do?"

After the interview you will be given a 10 page menu to study. Its filled with pictures, descriptions and names of each menu item. you will be given a few days to study the 10 pages and then you will come in for a menu test. when you take the test the lines of the 10 pages will be empty and you will have to fill in the names and descriptions of each item.

Throughout this process you will also have to go to a class.. I did not.. my manager at the time did not send new employees to take the menu classes.

There wasn't really any negotiating.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkintown, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I was just called in and asked about previous experiences, they were completely okay with the fact that I had none. They basically use the interview to look at your personality, to see if you fit their standards.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was already set.

Front of House Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Hiring process was simple. Took an assessment and then spoke with the JVP and was hired.

I

Head Hostess Interview

Straight forward interview process. One interview and quick response.

Hostess Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Went in for an interview and it was a behavioral interview consisting of basic "What would you do" questions. Then I took a logic test just to qualify for the position, it was super easy basically just over like analogies and stuff. Very quick interview and very quick to start the job.

Interview Questions
    • "If the phone was ringing, and you had a customer waiting in the restaurant what would you do?"   Answer Question