Outback Steakhouse

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Went in for an interview and it was a behavioral interview consisting of basic "What would you do" questions. Then I took a logic test just to qualify for the position, it was super easy basically just over like analogies and stuff. Very quick interview and very quick to start the job.

Interview Questions
    • "If the phone was ringing, and you had a customer waiting in the restaurant what would you do?"   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florissant, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florissant, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in October 2013.

Interview, input of information, training video.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, specific hire.

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in September 2013.

I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager the same day asking me to come in for an interview. The manager was very professional and friendly and asked me a series of questions on my interests, goals, and how I work with other people, how I deal with other coworkers, and how I handle pressure. He wasn't sure whether he wanted to hire me as a hostess or server since I had no experience but I really wanted the server position, so the next day when I came in to fill out my paperwork he had my server training pack ready and asked me again if I really wanted to serve. I'm really happy I was able to get hired on as a server with no experience. Glad to have received my training materials, going over menu items and drinks. I'll be studying all week and start my training next next Friday.

Observing the atmosphere, I noticed a lot of the coworkers seemed to have fun working there and getting along with each other. Seems like a fun and lively atmosphere and others who have worked there told me it was great.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stressful situations?   View Answer

Service Tech/Regional Training Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Internal Candidate: 1 on 1 interview with the Regional VP followed by a round table/panel interview with Joint Venture Partners and select Service/Food Techs.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions required use of personal experiences or were situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in August 2013.

I applied online and two days later called in to inquire about my application. They said that they would call me when they are hiring again in two weeks. A week later I visited the store in person and the manager scheduled an interview with me for the next day. I then was interviewed for about 45 minutes with basic questions about my experience and what I would do in certain situations and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, but they do want to know what you think of the restaurant and what you like the best about it.   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in April 2013.

I interviewed with the proprietor upon completing the online application. I received a phone call to set up interview, which was setup for two days later. Interview was swift, with the proprietor going over my background and personal experiences with me. I was offered a position on the spot and given my first day to report.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked regarded, why I felt I should get the position.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I was already a frequent flyer at the location, decided I needed a change, and applied a week later. Walked in during non-peak daytime, and filled out an application, had a short chat with a manager and left with a job and a menu. One interview. The menu test, though, is completely handwritten, every food item. So, be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make your customers know you care?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First, I was asked to take a basic test which seemed to test for personality/ basic aptitude. Fairly straight-forward. 2 days later was asked to come back for an interview with a Manager. Was asked basic questions about experience in the restaurant industry ( I had none) and was asked about my availability. I was hired on the spot, and began training/work the next day.

Interview Questions
    • If after work, you were to see a guest with a flat tire, what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Server Interview

Hiring is quick because I had experience and asked to speak with a manager while handing in an application. The initial interview process was almost comical. The hiring manager used the word 'dude' multiple times. After bs-ing through a series of cliche interpersonal questions, I was whisked away to training.

Interview Questions
    • Seriously, don't worry about it. Just smile and say your biggest weakness is that you work too hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2013.

Menu test and sit down with proprietor in order for them to test your knowledge of menu. 3 days of training which is helpful.