Outback Steakhouse

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.1

Service Tech/Regional Training Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Internal Candidate: 1 on 1 interview with the Regional VP followed by a round table/panel interview with Joint Venture Partners and select Service/Food Techs.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions required use of personal experiences or were situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in August 2013.

I applied online and two days later called in to inquire about my application. They said that they would call me when they are hiring again in two weeks. A week later I visited the store in person and the manager scheduled an interview with me for the next day. I then was interviewed for about 45 minutes with basic questions about my experience and what I would do in certain situations and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, but they do want to know what you think of the restaurant and what you like the best about it.   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in April 2013.

I interviewed with the proprietor upon completing the online application. I received a phone call to set up interview, which was setup for two days later. Interview was swift, with the proprietor going over my background and personal experiences with me. I was offered a position on the spot and given my first day to report.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked regarded, why I felt I should get the position.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I was already a frequent flyer at the location, decided I needed a change, and applied a week later. Walked in during non-peak daytime, and filled out an application, had a short chat with a manager and left with a job and a menu. One interview. The menu test, though, is completely handwritten, every food item. So, be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make your customers know you care?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First, I was asked to take a basic test which seemed to test for personality/ basic aptitude. Fairly straight-forward. 2 days later was asked to come back for an interview with a Manager. Was asked basic questions about experience in the restaurant industry ( I had none) and was asked about my availability. I was hired on the spot, and began training/work the next day.

Interview Questions
    • If after work, you were to see a guest with a flat tire, what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Server Interview

Hiring is quick because I had experience and asked to speak with a manager while handing in an application. The initial interview process was almost comical. The hiring manager used the word 'dude' multiple times. After bs-ing through a series of cliche interpersonal questions, I was whisked away to training.

Interview Questions
    • Seriously, don't worry about it. Just smile and say your biggest weakness is that you work too hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2013.

Menu test and sit down with proprietor in order for them to test your knowledge of menu. 3 days of training which is helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2013.

A joke.

I was not able to negotiate anything other than my availability to work.

Dishwasher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in September 2012.

They'll hire literally anyone to work in the kitchen. Applied on their site, got called a day later to meet with the kitchen manager. Very laid back interview, got asked basic questions about my application and availability. Interview lasted maybe 10 minutes then he handed me an apron and said lets get started. Pay was also discussed, but was very relaxed and based on experience.

Curbside Takeaway Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellisville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellisville, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I had one interview with the assistant manager at the time. There were some basic math questions, how much I wanted to work....ect. Then you take a personality test and a basic math test. It's not too difficult, especially if you know the types of answers they typically want!

What negotiation? I was just excited to get my first job!