Outback Steakhouse

Average Difficulty
83 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanicsville, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2013.

Interview Details – Menu test and sit down with proprietor in order for them to test your knowledge of menu. 3 days of training which is helpful.

Interview Question – Nothing as long as you study the menu.   Answer Question

Laurel, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2013.

Interview Details – A joke.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything other than my availability to work.

Service Tech/Regional Training Manager Interview

Service Tech/Regional Training Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – Internal Candidate: 1 on 1 interview with the Regional VP followed by a round table/panel interview with Joint Venture Partners and select Service/Food Techs.

Interview Question – Most questions required use of personal experiences or were situational questions   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Butler, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2009.

Interview Details – Simple questions were asked. Such as "list everything you would say and do to make a guest feel welcome."

Interview Question – How can you be a leader at this restaurant?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Host

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in August 2012.

Interview Details – At the interview, it was very relaxed and short. We went over what I thought was appropriate as far as being late and being profession, my past work experiences, and I was offered the job.

Interview Question – What is one quality that you need to work on that is relevant to this job?   Answer Question

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – I was already a frequent flyer at the location, decided I needed a change, and applied a week later. Walked in during non-peak daytime, and filled out an application, had a short chat with a manager and left with a job and a menu. One interview. The menu test, though, is completely handwritten, every food item. So, be prepared.

Interview Question – How do you make your customers know you care?   View Answer

Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in August 2010.

Interview Details – Aptitude test, a quick quiz with puzzles and math problems and a sort of character assessment.

Interview Questions

• "when can you start?"   View Answer
  • (if working with previous friends or significant others) do you think this will be a problem down the road?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2010.

Interview Details – Extensive training; Assessment tests; Lots of "this is a very demanding job" jargon. The proprietor/manager was pretty blunt, but fair. You are assigned groups for training. You get to taste almost every dish in order to "suggest" said dishes to customers.

Interview Question – Same old interview questions. Inflate your personal qualities and you're a shoe-in.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2010.

Interview Details – test of menu and test of basic reading math skills for front of house workers. go in mon- thurs
some restaurant are from 2-4 some are from 1-3. ask for an application and to speak to a manager if possible. they give a test, if you pass then the interview starts

Interview Question – if you know your menu none, know what allergies mean what . if someone says lactose intolerant, know what that means   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, 2.13 plus tips

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in September 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was standard with one interview and a personality test

Interview Question – No difficutly questions were asked   Answer Question