Outback Steakhouse Server Interview Questions & Reviews

35 interviews

2.3

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First step was taking a large personality test. Then once you pass that they give you a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. They'll ask typical interview questions, straight from a packet. If you pass that then you move on to the final round of taking the food/drink test. It's brutal - fill in the blank, no word bank, entire menu test. Once you pass that with at least a 98% then the rest is smooth sailing. You're in.

Interview Questions
  • If another server needs help and you are already behind, what do you do?   Answer Question
What times and days worked best for my schedule.

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Called in

Went in for interview questions

Pretty easy going interview

ask if i had been a server before and my customer service skills loved the women who interviewed me she was very straight forward.

took a mini test on selling a drink and passed so i was ask to be a server there enjoyed the interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2012.

Online application, in person interview, orientation, online classes and tests required before can begin work. Interview was pretty typical for an hourly restaurant position - ask about multitasking skills, sense of urgency, attention to detail, customer service, willingness to work "odd" (though not odd to us in the industry) hours and days.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle _____________ situation?   View Answer
    No negotiation, it's an hourly position, pays 2.13 an hour like other typical restaurant FOH positions following federal minimum wage policy.

Server Interview

First the interview is not that hard asking you general interview questions, but the menu and liquor test was pretty hard having to know everything on the menu food and liquor which is a lot of stuff

there was none

Server Interview

at outback, the process is pretty standard: you complete an online app, then do the online personality test, then wait for a call for an interview. if you don't get a phone call, then they are either not hiring or you did not pass the personality test. the best way to get noticed is to know someone who works there already

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Foothill Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2010.

There is a test, but relax its not too difficult. Smile and be yourself. Take deep breaths and most importantly, PRAY! Remember to thank God when you are hired.

short and easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I filled out an application at the restaurant and a personality type test. I received a call back within a week, had two separate interviews, and was hired within two weeks of applying. The questions were basic, situational questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in October 2010.

Interview process was informal. Fill out a paper application and sit down with a manager. I think I was interviewed and hired same day. There is a training process where you'll tag along with another server for a few days. Before you serve you will have to take a menu test.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't any challenging questions. They want to know how you would handle customer concerns.

They will want to know about your personality to make sure that you are friendly and that you are a team player. If you are selfish you're not going to make friends in this industry and you will end up creating more work for yourself. You're going to spend a lot of time helping out at other servers tables.

They want to know that you'll get along with the kitchen.
        View Answer
    There isn't much to negotiate as far money. But make sure you won't be expected to pickup takeaway or host shifts. Also defined your hours or you will be expected to work every weekend and as many hours as they need you for. If thanksgiving or the Super Bowl are non negotiables for you, let the, know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anderson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in February 2012.

Interview was standard, but the Food and Beverage quiz is intense. You memorize the entire menu

There is none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in August 2012.

At the location in Bakersfield, you can't apply online. I prefer this anyway, as I enjoy human interaction, as opposed to online applications. You go in on Mondays between 1pm and 3pm and you can fill out an application and have an on-the-spot interview with one of the managers. After the interview, you're given a sheet that directs you to a website where you fill out a questionnaire/screening process. Upon completion, you call them back and let them know and from that point, they schedule a second interview with you.

Interview Questions
    • There are no questions that are too difficult or unexpected. Your best bet is just to answer as honestly as you can. Be polite, be eloquent, be poised.   Answer Question
    There's really no room for negotiation, as this is simply an entry level job. Without any previous restaurant experience, you'll start off as a busser and/or host. You have to work your way up to being a Takeaway Server, and eventually, a regular server. In my case, it took me roughly a year to move through three different positions till I got to serving, which isn't too bad.

Worked for Outback Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!