Outback Steakhouse

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, in person interview, orientation, online classes and tests required before can begin work. Interview was pretty typical for an hourly restaurant position - ask about multitasking skills, sense of urgency, attention to detail, customer service, willingness to work "odd" (though not odd to us in the industry) hours and days.

Interview Question – How would you handle _____________ situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's an hourly position, pays 2.13 an hour like other typical restaurant FOH positions following federal minimum wage policy.

Interviewed at Outback Steakhouse

Interview Details – First the interview is not that hard asking you general interview questions, but the menu and liquor test was pretty hard having to know everything on the menu food and liquor which is a lot of stuff

Interview Question – not any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Interviewed at Outback Steakhouse

Interview Details – at outback, the process is pretty standard: you complete an online app, then do the online personality test, then wait for a call for an interview. if you don't get a phone call, then they are either not hiring or you did not pass the personality test. the best way to get noticed is to know someone who works there already

Interview Question – none were hard   Answer Question

Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in June 2010.

Interview Details – There is a test, but relax its not too difficult. Smile and be yourself. Take deep breaths and most importantly, PRAY! Remember to thank God when you are hired.

Negotiation Details – short and easy

Very Easy Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – I filled out an application at the restaurant and a personality type test. I received a call back within a week, had two separate interviews, and was hired within two weeks of applying. The questions were basic, situational questions.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Champaign, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was informal. Fill out a paper application and sit down with a manager. I think I was interviewed and hired same day. There is a training process where you'll tag along with another server for a few days. Before you serve you will have to take a menu test.

Interview Question – There aren't any challenging questions. They want to know how you would handle customer concerns.

They will want to know about your personality to make sure that you are friendly and that you are a team player. If you are selfish you're not going to make friends in this industry and you will end up creating more work for yourself. You're going to spend a lot of time helping out at other servers tables.

They want to know that you'll get along with the kitchen.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't much to negotiate as far money. But make sure you won't be expected to pickup takeaway or host shifts. Also defined your hours or you will be expected to work every weekend and as many hours as they need you for. If thanksgiving or the Super Bowl are non negotiables for you, let the, know.

Anderson, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was standard, but the Food and Beverage quiz is intense. You memorize the entire menu

Interview Question – The Food and Bev. Quiz   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none.

Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in August 2012.

Interview Details – At the location in Bakersfield, you can't apply online. I prefer this anyway, as I enjoy human interaction, as opposed to online applications. You go in on Mondays between 1pm and 3pm and you can fill out an application and have an on-the-spot interview with one of the managers. After the interview, you're given a sheet that directs you to a website where you fill out a questionnaire/screening process. Upon completion, you call them back and let them know and from that point, they schedule a second interview with you.

Interview Question – There are no questions that are too difficult or unexpected. Your best bet is just to answer as honestly as you can. Be polite, be eloquent, be poised.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's really no room for negotiation, as this is simply an entry level job. Without any previous restaurant experience, you'll start off as a busser and/or host. You have to work your way up to being a Takeaway Server, and eventually, a regular server. In my case, it took me roughly a year to move through three different positions till I got to serving, which isn't too bad.

Server

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2010.

Interview Details – They ask you a bunch of situational questions. Easy enough to answer be personal and outgoing. Also make sure you study your menu for the menu test. You will need to know the food menu as well as the bar menu and the drinks we offer.

Interview Question – They will ask you questions about what to do in a situation that could be tricky.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview Details – I responded to a craigslist ad

Interview Question – None that were unexpected or unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as is common with this type of job

Interviews for Top Jobs at Outback Steakhouse

Worked for Outback Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!