Outback Steakhouse Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day to call to schedule an interview. My first interview was held with the proprietor and he asked basic questions that I assume he asks all candidates. He schedule me for a follow up interview with another manager which was a more personal interview. Questions were asked about how my life is and what my interests and hobbies were, and why I wanted to work for Outback. I was hired concluding the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition or hospitality.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Burke, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very few questions. She just asked about how I handle high stress/fast-paced environments and what I would do if a customer was upset, etc. Seemed very chill. Took about 7 minutes and I got hired on the spot with no previous serving experience. We set up a time for me to come back in and start training and that was it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset with their meal?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Got a call about 2 months after I had applied online, We had scheduled the interview for two days after I received the call. Interview took place at a table in the bar and I was hired on the spot. Manager got my paperwork together and sent me home to study for the menu and drink test.

Interview Questions

• basic interview, asked how I viewed teamwork and what it meant to me, why I thought I'd be a good fit, etc   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

First step was taking a large personality test. Then once you pass that they give you a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. They'll ask typical interview questions, straight from a packet. If you pass that then you move on to the final round of taking the food/drink test. It's brutal - fill in the blank, no word bank, entire menu test. Once you pass that with at least a 98% then the rest is smooth sailing. You're in.

Interview Questions

• If another server needs help and you are already behind, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

What times and days worked best for my schedule.

Server Interview

Interview

Called in

Went in for interview questions

Pretty easy going interview

ask if i had been a server before and my customer service skills loved the women who interviewed me she was very straight forward.

took a mini test on selling a drink and passed so i was ask to be a server there enjoyed the interview process

Server Interview

Interview

First the interview is not that hard asking you general interview questions, but the menu and liquor test was pretty hard having to know everything on the menu food and liquor which is a lot of stuff

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Server Interview

Interview

at outback, the process is pretty standard: you complete an online app, then do the online personality test, then wait for a call for an interview. if you don't get a phone call, then they are either not hiring or you did not pass the personality test. the best way to get noticed is to know someone who works there already

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I filled out an application at the restaurant and a personality type test. I received a call back within a week, had two separate interviews, and was hired within two weeks of applying. The questions were basic, situational questions.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I responded to a craigslist ad

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as is common with this type of job

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

First i did the online application, which includes a long personality test. With true/false questions and questions where you could choose "unlikely, likely, very likely..." and so forth.

Next I did an interview (there was one) i was asked questions like... "if you gave a drink to a table and noticed something in their glass after you had put it down what would you do?"

After the interview you will be given a 10 page menu to study. Its filled with pictures, descriptions and names of each menu item. you will be given a few days to study the 10 pages and then you will come in for a menu test. when you take the test the lines of the 10 pages will be empty and you will have to fill in the names and descriptions of each item.

Throughout this process you will also have to go to a class.. I did not.. my manager at the time did not send new employees to take the menu classes.

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiating.