Outback Steakhouse Server Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rome, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Short but thorough and efficient. Interviewed as a server, but due to my limited experience started as a hostess, as was reasonable. Interviewer very nice and understanding. I believe that Outback employs very intelligent and kind people. Management is superb and knowledgeable. Very proud to be a part of the team!

Interview Questions

• What is a bad dining experience that you've had and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Conducted during an Outback job fair. While there were a lot of people there and the wait to interview was long, the interview itself was short. I primarily answered questions about why I wanted the job (I had never served before), why I should be hired, etc. Easy and got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called the next day to set up an interview. Went in and was asked 'form' questions. Sandy didn't really seem interested while interviewing me. Stated the interview process was three interviews with the final interview with the owner and for me to call back later that evening to check my status. Called back but she stated they chose someone else. Hiring one person, I doubt it. I asked why not me and she stated I didn't have the computer experience. She never asked about it during the interview. I have several years restaurant and customer service experience and work full time during the day with extensive computer experience, much more than clicking buttons on a POS system. Especially now that the systems are on the tables for the patrons. Bottom line, I wasn't hired because of my age.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Burlington, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The manger interviewed me for only 5 minutes and told me to go home and take a survey and that when I was finished they would call her and call me back for another interview. It has been at least two weeks and I have yet to receive another phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royersford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Royersford, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview which led to 2 in person interviews. Overall it was not very professional, the manager who had scheduled my interview called out sick and never followed up with me and an assistant manager had to do the interview which i could tell she does not do it very often. It took about 45 minutes for them to interview me the first time. The follow up interview was scheduled for the following week with the original manager and took about 30 minutes to see me. The interview was awkward as i had to re-introduce myself to her and basically reexplain the phone screen and the 1st interview to her. She seemed disinterested the whole time and only interested if i was going to make a career out of it.She said to think about taking the job that night and she would call the next day and if she didn't call me i was to call her the following day, which i did and she did not answer the phone which seemed very unprofessional. Overall this store did not seem like they cared enough to hire someone, I'm sure its very different between stores and i would recommend this restaurant to others. They responded quickly to me submitting to the job which was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How do i see myself in a team working environment, what would my former boss say about me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day to call to schedule an interview. My first interview was held with the proprietor and he asked basic questions that I assume he asks all candidates. He schedule me for a follow up interview with another manager which was a more personal interview. Questions were asked about how my life is and what my interests and hobbies were, and why I wanted to work for Outback. I was hired concluding the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition or hospitality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Burke, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very few questions. She just asked about how I handle high stress/fast-paced environments and what I would do if a customer was upset, etc. Seemed very chill. Took about 7 minutes and I got hired on the spot with no previous serving experience. We set up a time for me to come back in and start training and that was it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset with their meal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was called by the manager to the branch. We sat down at a table and I was hired on the spot. They asked availability and I literally pretty much made my own training schedule on my time. It was very simple.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Got a call about 2 months after I had applied online, We had scheduled the interview for two days after I received the call. Interview took place at a table in the bar and I was hired on the spot. Manager got my paperwork together and sent me home to study for the menu and drink test.

Interview Questions

• basic interview, asked how I viewed teamwork and what it meant to me, why I thought I'd be a good fit, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Goleta, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Approached the manager and requested an interview. He in turn asked for a resume and why I wanted to work there. Once seeing my experience he scheduled an interview for the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how what your previous job experience could bring to our company?   Answer Question