Outback Steakhouse

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.3

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Got a call about 2 months after I had applied online, We had scheduled the interview for two days after I received the call. Interview took place at a table in the bar and I was hired on the spot. Manager got my paperwork together and sent me home to study for the menu and drink test.

Interview Questions
  • basic interview, asked how I viewed teamwork and what it meant to me, why I thought I'd be a good fit, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First step was taking a large personality test. Then once you pass that they give you a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. They'll ask typical interview questions, straight from a packet. If you pass that then you move on to the final round of taking the food/drink test. It's brutal - fill in the blank, no word bank, entire menu test. Once you pass that with at least a 98% then the rest is smooth sailing. You're in.

Interview Questions
    • If another server needs help and you are already behind, what do you do?   Answer Question
    What times and days worked best for my schedule.

Called in

Went in for interview questions

Pretty easy going interview

ask if i had been a server before and my customer service skills loved the women who interviewed me she was very straight forward.

took a mini test on selling a drink and passed so i was ask to be a server there enjoyed the interview process

Server Interview

First the interview is not that hard asking you general interview questions, but the menu and liquor test was pretty hard having to know everything on the menu food and liquor which is a lot of stuff

there was none

Server Interview

at outback, the process is pretty standard: you complete an online app, then do the online personality test, then wait for a call for an interview. if you don't get a phone call, then they are either not hiring or you did not pass the personality test. the best way to get noticed is to know someone who works there already

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I filled out an application at the restaurant and a personality type test. I received a call back within a week, had two separate interviews, and was hired within two weeks of applying. The questions were basic, situational questions.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

I responded to a craigslist ad

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as is common with this type of job

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

First i did the online application, which includes a long personality test. With true/false questions and questions where you could choose "unlikely, likely, very likely..." and so forth.

Next I did an interview (there was one) i was asked questions like... "if you gave a drink to a table and noticed something in their glass after you had put it down what would you do?"

After the interview you will be given a 10 page menu to study. Its filled with pictures, descriptions and names of each menu item. you will be given a few days to study the 10 pages and then you will come in for a menu test. when you take the test the lines of the 10 pages will be empty and you will have to fill in the names and descriptions of each item.

Throughout this process you will also have to go to a class.. I did not.. my manager at the time did not send new employees to take the menu classes.

There wasn't really any negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in September 2013.

I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager the same day asking me to come in for an interview. The manager was very professional and friendly and asked me a series of questions on my interests, goals, and how I work with other people, how I deal with other coworkers, and how I handle pressure. He wasn't sure whether he wanted to hire me as a hostess or server since I had no experience but I really wanted the server position, so the next day when I came in to fill out my paperwork he had my server training pack ready and asked me again if I really wanted to serve. I'm really happy I was able to get hired on as a server with no experience. Glad to have received my training materials, going over menu items and drinks. I'll be studying all week and start my training next next Friday.

Observing the atmosphere, I noticed a lot of the coworkers seemed to have fun working there and getting along with each other. Seems like a fun and lively atmosphere and others who have worked there told me it was great.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stressful situations?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Outback Steakhouse in August 2013.

I applied online and two days later called in to inquire about my application. They said that they would call me when they are hiring again in two weeks. A week later I visited the store in person and the manager scheduled an interview with me for the next day. I then was interviewed for about 45 minutes with basic questions about my experience and what I would do in certain situations and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, but they do want to know what you think of the restaurant and what you like the best about it.   View Answer