Outback Steakhouse Waitstaff Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in May 2008.

I walked in to the restaurant, asked if they were accepting applications, and was hired on the spot. I had to take a personality test, which asked common sense questions and was extremely easy. The second portion consisted of a math test; again very easy. Lastly, I had to take a menu test. While it wasn't hard, it was a lot of information to memorize. I'd say I spent about an hour or two studying for it, so be prepared for it.

Interview Questions
Absolutely no negotiation. You make $2.13 an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Waitstaff Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Back in the good ole days us boys filled out applications. Now days it's mostly done online. If you get a call back you can be prepared for an in person interview, followed by a menu test, liquor test, and possibly a competency test. I don't know if the competency test is still employed anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Use your common sense; if they ask what you would do if someone dropped plates on the ground, tell them you would help clean them up. Every time someone fails a question like this, I die on the inside a little.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Just the hope that your base pay covers your taxes at years end.

Worked for Outback Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!