OutboundEngine

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at OutboundEngine

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OutboundEngine in October 2014.

Today I had an interview with OutboundEngine, the interviewers were Scott Leese and Kylie Baker. The first interview is with Kylie, who is nice and very informative about the company, she went over every detail needed to paint the picture of where the company wants to go and where it is to date. She even lets you know that not everyone knows how to read Scott and sometimes walks away thinking that he is doesn't like them. As my meeting started with Scott it was normal, you know the usual questions about the resume and why you want to be in sales etc. As the meeting moved forward Scott was very up front and honest about how he came into the business and why. His questions are like daggers, things that normal interviewers would never ask. He breaks down your career path, the choices that you made to get to where you are now, and he even will explain what you could have done differently up to this point so you can become better in the future. I know I did not reveal his questions, but it had to be one of the best interviews I have ever been on!! I don't know if got the job, but my conversation with Scott made me think of things more clearly. Motivation is key and work as hard as possible to get what you want and where you want to go!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OutboundEngine in August 2014.

I had a 30 minute phone call and received an in person interview. The interview process takes between 30 minutes to an hour. I met with two different people. The hiring director and a sales manager. We reviewed my resume and was asked to explain some of the details, we reviewed the compensation plan, and had a Question & Answer session.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OutboundEngine in August 2014.

Red Flag #1 - They were quick to respond to my application, within hours.
    Red Flag #2 - The music during in the back ground during the phone screen was loud and highly unprofessional
    Red Flag #3 - They listen to your calls and coach while on the call. Sales reps should not be near a phone or talking to prospects until they are trained.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions asked. I think I asked more than he was able to answer.   View Answer

Sales manager was more concerned about discussing his own success, previous accomplishments and personal medical history than actually asking qualified questions. He constantly one upped everything I had to say and kept referring to his past success with several companies. If that were true, why is he here and not retired?

The office was filled with young, 20-24 year old staff and music was blaring. I couldn't see a long term success at this company based on my previous experience. The office itself was a combination of stand up desks, no chairs. Desks were connected giving you about a 3.5 foot distance to the person next to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OutboundEngine in August 2014.

Applied online, received phone call within 24hr. Phone interview with recruiter, simple, more about background info. Asked to come in for an interview the fallowing week, first met with recruiter then sales manager. Job was defined, commission pay was explained then into some questions. pretty strait forward, no tricks. Job is only for a certain type of person it is obvious quickly if it is for you

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation, if you have done your homework you know it is fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Applied online. Was contacted by recruiter in 24 hours and did a phone interview. Very straight forward on phone, asked about prior work experience and why I want to work at outbound. Went in to office to interview two days later. Interviewed first with recruiter. Outlined commission structure and pay. She was very friendly and personable, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her. Then I interviewed with sales manager. Very straight forward but also friendly. Took about 1 hour total for both interviews. Called me and offered the job later that day.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult. Very straight forward questions. Just had a conversation about work history and why I would like to work at Outbound. Asked if I am up for handling the intense environment of sales for a start up and why.   Answer Question
    No, everyone starts at the same salary, but there is a lot of room to move up in pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OutboundEngine.

After a preliminary phone interview with their recruiting manager, I was asked to come in and talk with the sales managers about the position. When I arrived they seemed to have a couple of investors in the building and instead they asked me to sit next to a sales rep to listen to the pitch. Afterwards, I sat down with one of the Sales Manager and we proceeded to talk more about the position.

Interview Questions
    • I asked the Sales Manager 'why I should join the OutboundEngine team if I were offered a position' to which he answered "you shouldn't". In all fairness, I have no previous experience in cold calling sales, but rather sales in a general role. His explanation was that this was a very hard job and it required some background in cold call sales   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OutboundEngine in May 2014.

The hiring process was one that was somewhat of a joke. It was really easy. If you are intelligent enough to read a script and dial the phone you are qualified for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OutboundEngine in April 2014.

My communications were positive and upbeat. They were upfront in the requirements and environment of the prospective job. I was interviewed 3 times. Each person was upbeat and high energy. However, the work environment was boiler room quality. Tall desks with no chairs. A high volume of calls expected.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was what is your best quality and your worst quality. It was an interesting question because you are being asked to reveal a negative side of your personality when you are there to project nothing but positive.   Answer Question

The work environment was not one that I cared to subject myself to.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OutboundEngine.

Every interviewer made it like a it was a burden to do the interview. Stated didn't have time, looked at watch several times, didn't ask interview questions to determine skills to the job at hand, and simply unfocused. Felt like the group was just looking for a body to fill the job not a long term employee.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OutboundEngine in February 2014.

Unprofessional interview and phone screen. The person who did my phone screen and 1st interview was constantly interrupting me. I was hardly asked any questions and just told that it was an extremely difficult job. The second interviewer stopped the interview and informed me I was not a good fit because they were not looking for someone who just 'wants a job'. Ok, fair enough response, but they continued to explain why I was not a good fit because this 'aggressive and competitive' environment would either 'chew me up and spit me out or turn me into a bad b***h'. Their words. So apparently my experience working in a previous commission based environment didn't adequately prepare me for the 'bad b***h' transformation they seem to think happens to their female employees. I guess you can make a complete assumption about a potential employee, disrespect her gender, and tell her that she is unqualified for a job based on a 30 second interaction and a pleasant demeanour. Good thing I had this guy to make sure my fragile constitution didn't get corrupted in such an aggressive job. Any woman who takes this job must be some kind of masculine charged powerhouse I could NEVER compete with. Fortunately, he made sure to remind me I was 'sweet'.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked many questions beyond "why do you want to work here" stuff. I was basically told I was unqualified for this difficult job because I did not emulate their idea of a masculine 'bad b***h' woman personality that is required to succeed that only perpetuates gender inequality and is extremely sexist.   Answer Question

OutboundEngine Response

May 1, 2014Sales Recruiting Manager

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We want to sincerely apologize for your poor interview experience. Our goal during interviews is to find candidates who have the ... More