Outbrain

Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.3

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Outbrain in February 2014.

Was contacted by internal recruiter via email. Followed up with a phone call, about a 20 min phone screen. They'll want to know a lot about your experience and relationship with publishers. In person interview was scheduled pretty quickly. Met with a VP and Dir level sales/BD about a week later. The interview was pretty standard from there, nice guys, the position didn't seem to be a fit but it was a positive discussion.

Interview Questions
    • They'll want to know what magazines / sites / blogs / etc that you read on a regular basis. Have at least a basic understanding of what ad units appear on those sites that you read.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Seamless interview process:
    -Skype chat with recruiter
    -In Person with 5 employees
    -Follow up phone interview with 6th employee (Who was absent day of)
    -Job offer one week later

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Outbrain in April 2010.

I met with a few different people at the company. Everyone was really nice, but it was hard to get them to give me an answer either way once the interview process was completed. Everyone that I met was very welcoming, great to talk to and seemed sharp. I met with two of the senior leadership that I would be working with and informally met a few other members of the team.

Account Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Outbrain in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter with an email.
    I got a first skyoe call with her: she asked me my motivation and skills for the job and finally current salary.
    Second interview was with the local team onsite: it was a very nice and friendly chat about current job daily work, my likes, my expectations for the job. They also told me more about the role.
    Third interview was a skype call with the international account director: she focused on problem solving questions about campaign management and relevant metrics. She asked me how to evaluate campaign development basing on such available metrics and how to act basing on these results.
    Fourth interview was a skype call with the managing director. Surprisingly he focused on motivation and expectations and encouraged me to make questions. Although I haven't been offered the role, that was the most useful interview I had as I have learnt a lot from it.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals for this role?   Answer Question
    • How do you evaluate campaign development? What metrics do you use? What are relevant? How do you do when a campaign is underperforming?   Answer Question