Outerwall Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.7

Tax Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Outerwall (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to set a phone interview. Phone interview was with a nice recruiter from their Washington office. He was very detailed with the interview a lot of questions about my interest in the company and the position and why I applied. By surprise I was picked for an in person interview. The in person was in OakBrook Terrace, IL. Their Building is nice, a lot of movies because they own Redbox. I met with the whole tax dept, so that I will not have to return for a 2nd interview before they made a decision. They asked me a lot of questions on my work experiences and questions about working in a group. The interview was more conversational than anything. Leaving I thought the interview went good, the manager told me they were looking to make a decision the following week. The following week, no answer, but they called me to tell me that they were still interested in me. That made me feel good, The end of the following week they called me back after 2 emails to tell me they went with someone with more tax experience. I would've been OK with that if they did not get my happy by calling me and telling me they were still interested. They posted the position again after I was already set up for an in person interview which is another thing I did not like.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about the company What is your interest in the position What do you look to gain in this position What skills do you have that can benefit you in this position What is your experience with Excel What is your experience in Tax How do you handle multiple things given to you at the same time with the same priority   Answer Question

Interview

Phone screen with HR to.start. Good. Moved on to hiring manager screen. Good. Moved on to on site interview. Good. after ok interview, I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY FOLLOW UP. Obviously, did not receive an offer, but no one at Outerwall communicated their decision nut to pursue my candidacy. I followed up with HR and the hiring manager, but never received a response. Rude. I no longer use their products.

Interview Questions

• please give an example of when you have faced adversity   Answer Question

Outerwall Response

Nov 5, 2014 – HumanResources

We are so sorry to hear about your negative interview experience with us! We do strive to let candidates know how we are going to proceed, and this is a time we failed at that. We also respond to any ... More

Employee In Bellevue WA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Outerwall (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

This process takes too long. There is no reason why hiring a position can take months. Follow up by human resources is horrible. You never know if they received your application and if you are interviewed unless the job is offered to you. Otherwise you never hear back.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Outerwall (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were no less than seven phone interviews and one face to face. Most of the questions were aimed at experience and willingness to work with others as a team.

Interview Questions

• How much did I expect to make   1 Answer

Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Outerwall (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Weird. I was hired before I knew it. They had been waiting for so long to fill the position by the time they found me as a good fit they were desperate to fill it ... with good reason. They were way behind ... business experts directing technical affairs - a train-wreck in progress. I was in fact a little miffed that they didn't grill me harder ... subsequently I think they never appreciated what I brought to the team and were reluctant to recognize how often I pulled the business's bacon out of the fire. That said, the guys that did the interviewing were all laid off when our venture got the ax.

Negotiation

They offered me 10k more than I said I expected, which was good because this is a more $ place to live than I expected.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outerwall (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Had some initial one on one interviews with the director of the dept i worked with to ensure i was a good fit and really wanted the position and understood the position. Then had group interviews to ensure my skills and make sure the team wanted me aboard. Overall about a 2 week process.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a scenario and asked me how I would address it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was a contractor, the contracting company negotiated with management. I was not involved.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outerwall (Bellevue, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone interview and 3 back-to-back in person interviews. The first was technical; the second was cultural; and the last was with the hiring manager. Overall relatively easy process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would take this company to the next level?   Answer Question

Regional Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Outerwall (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

The hiring process usually goes through 3 phone interviews , 2 in person interviews and they you fly to Chicago or Bellevue for a panel interview

Interview Questions

• Your a new manager and your first task is to Terminate an employee. This will be a role playing, i will be the employee. After which they tell you they are looking for observation how you handle it, what you say ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

3 emails done