Outerwall

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.5

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Phone screen with HR to.start. Good. Moved on to hiring manager screen. Good. Moved on to on site interview. Good. after ok interview, I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY FOLLOW UP. Obviously, did not receive an offer, but no one at Outerwall communicated their decision nut to pursue my candidacy. I followed up with HR and the hiring manager, but never received a response. Rude. I no longer use their products.

Interview Questions
    • please give an example of when you have faced adversity   Answer Question

Outerwall Response

Nov 5, 2014HumanResources

We are so sorry to hear about your negative interview experience with us! We do strive to let candidates know how we are going to proceed, and this is a time we failed at that. We also respond to any ... More

Employee In Bellevue WA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Outerwall.

This process takes too long. There is no reason why hiring a position can take months. Follow up by human resources is horrible. You never know if they received your application and if you are interviewed unless the job is offered to you. Otherwise you never hear back.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Outerwall.

There were no less than seven phone interviews and one face to face. Most of the questions were aimed at experience and willingness to work with others as a team.

Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Outerwall in September 2012.

Weird. I was hired before I knew it. They had been waiting for so long to fill the position by the time they found me as a good fit they were desperate to fill it ... with good reason. They were way behind ... business experts directing technical affairs - a train-wreck in progress. I was in fact a little miffed that they didn't grill me harder ... subsequently I think they never appreciated what I brought to the team and were reluctant to recognize how often I pulled the business's bacon out of the fire. That said, the guys that did the interviewing were all laid off when our venture got the ax.

They offered me 10k more than I said I expected, which was good because this is a more $ place to live than I expected.

Regional Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Outerwall in December 2010.

The hiring process usually goes through 3 phone interviews , 2 in person interviews and they you fly to Chicago or Bellevue for a panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Your a new manager and your first task is to Terminate an employee. This will be a role playing, i will be the employee. After which they tell you they are looking for observation how you handle it, what you say ect.   Answer Question
    3 emails done