Ovations Food Services

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

1.6

Bartender Interview

Was a quick interview and was asked about questions about my past employment. From what I recall I explained to him the details regarding my previous employers in the past.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as far as I can remember, everything sort of went smoothly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ovations Food Services.

Quick phone interview, and then an in person interview. Focused a lot on personality because the team spends so much time together! GM was personable and respectful. Even with no wiggle room on salary, the GM was willing to at least hear me out on why I thought I deserved more. As a sales person, you should negotiate on principle alone.

Negotiation was respected.

Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ovations Food Services.

They don't care they just fill the position to keep the Client quite.

They will not negotiate.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

interviewed at Ovations Food Services in January 2014.

Online process was very long

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ovations Food Services in October 2013.

It was easy. Talk to managers and supervisors. Assistant controller and controller wanted to talk to me right away. They didn't know much about conducting an interview. They pretty much focuses how much I could and handle.

I was able to negotiate because I was going to step down from 53K to 50K due to it was closer home and they told me it was going to be 40-45 hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Ovations Food Services in July 2013.

Submitted resume to HCareers. Interview went well; however, I did not receive the commission and salary as promised and the area district manager was trying to change things after an agreement was signed.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to leave my currect employer without notice.   View Answer
    easy

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ovations Food Services in May 2011.

Very unorganized and sparatic, if you know someone you can get right in/ You paperwork will most likely not be turned in on time. The federal guidelines for the EEV are only met about 20% of the time. I was told that the lady who I taking her place was retiring, which was the truth but she was forced to retire by the circumstances of the work place. I raised concerns about this situation and was told that she and others didn't get along and that I would be fine. Not the case

Interview Questions
    • Can you get along and not want to improve any aspect of your job?
      "The lady that will be training you will not teach you the correct way to do things, and I know everything so don't pay attention to her and I will train you after she is gone." Then she never sat with me one second to teach me a thing.
        Answer Question
    They received all of the necessary documents, lost the first ones, had to submit again. When hiredthe eev process was not in place and no one seemed to know who was responsible for doing background checks or how the paperwork should be submitted.

Caterer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ovations Food Services in June 2009.

Knew a friend that worked there. Walked in and asked for manager. Got the job right there. Very easy interview and easy job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place. Just took the decent pay for what was an easy job

Catering Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ovations Food Services.

Phone Interview and then face to face with Director of Catering and General Manager

Interview Questions
    • If you were a car, what kind of car would you be and why?   Answer Question
    Offer was made, I declined and made counter offer, Counter Offer was accepted by company