Ovations Food Services

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ovations Food Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was easy. Talk to managers and supervisors. Assistant controller and controller wanted to talk to me right away. They didn't know much about conducting an interview. They pretty much focuses how much I could and handle.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate because I was going to step down from 53K to 50K due to it was closer home and they told me it was going to be 40-45 hours a week.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Madison, WI

I interviewed at Ovations Food Services in January 2014.

Interview Details – Online process was very long

Interview Question – I don't remember any tough except schedule question.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ovations Food Services.

Interview Details – They don't care they just fill the position to keep the Client quite.

Interview Question – When can you start.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will not negotiate.

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ovations Food Services in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very unorganized and sparatic, if you know someone you can get right in/ You paperwork will most likely not be turned in on time. The federal guidelines for the EEV are only met about 20% of the time. I was told that the lady who I taking her place was retiring, which was the truth but she was forced to retire by the circumstances of the work place. I raised concerns about this situation and was told that she and others didn't get along and that I would be fine. Not the case

Interview Question – Can you get along and not want to improve any aspect of your job?
"The lady that will be training you will not teach you the correct way to do things, and I know everything so don't pay attention to her and I will train you after she is gone." Then she never sat with me one second to teach me a thing.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They received all of the necessary documents, lost the first ones, had to submit again. When hiredthe eev process was not in place and no one seemed to know who was responsible for doing background checks or how the paperwork should be submitted.

Caterer Interview

Caterer
Columbia, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at Ovations Food Services in June 2009.

Interview Details – Knew a friend that worked there. Walked in and asked for manager. Got the job right there. Very easy interview and easy job.

Interview Question – Where are you from?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place. Just took the decent pay for what was an easy job

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Catering Sales Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Ovations Food Services.

Interview Details – Phone Interview and then face to face with Director of Catering and General Manager

Interview Question – If you were a car, what kind of car would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was made, I declined and made counter offer, Counter Offer was accepted by company

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ovations Food Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ovations Food Services interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ovations Food Services employees and interview candidates.