Overhead Door

Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Lewisville, TX

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Overhead Door in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process began by finding the job posting on a career website which directed me to apply online. Approximately two weeks after I applied online I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a telephone interview. The recruiter was very pleasant. She seemed to genuinely enjoy her position and was very knowledgeable about the company and the position she was recruiting for. The initial screening interview lasted approximately thirty minutes and consisted of the expected questions: why are you looking, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what value would you bring to the position, etc. The call ended with a description of the company's benefits package and my requested salary. Two weeks passed and the recruiter phoned back asking if I was available for in person interviews. I was told I would need to meet with several different managers: five in total, but the last two would be reserved for final candidates only. I scheduled the first round of in person meetings for the following week. I met with the recruiter in person for about thirty minutes answering the same questions I had answered previously on the phone. Next I met with two managers who were peer-level to the position I was applying for. They had little experience in interviewing and I did most of the talking. Next I met with the hiring manager. She had a very odd interview style, but I liked her personality. She was running late, so we only spent about ten minutes together. I was returned to the recruiter who escorted me out and said she would follow up if I was a match. A week passed and the recruiter called to schedule my final interview. I met with two managers from sales together and they mostly asked about my previous experience. I was then sent back to the hiring manager and was able to spend another ten minutes with her. I was then sent on my way. Two weeks passed and then I was called and asked to take a personality/IQ test. The results came back quickly and I was offered a position within three days. Overall a very long process.

Interview Question – What type of roommate would I want in college?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate a higher salary, extra vacation time, or reimbursement for educational expenses. I was unable to get any of these and was told it was because I would be making too close to the next highest pay grade. After being with the company for awhile I know that this is not true. There is a huge gap and a lot of room to negotiate within. I should have held firm.

Worked for Overhead Door? Contribute to the Community!