Overhead Door Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.5

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Overhead Door (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Asking about past jobs Really just the employer getting a feel for the type of parson you are and what you values or could possibly be like. Only bad part is you do not get to see any of the work being done an people you could be working with.

Interview Questions

• What you did before a a past job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really any about starting pay but is is something that can be disused something i now know.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Overhead Door.

Interview

Easy interview that consisted of bogus lies about how the company is run. Asks you about your previous experience, and if you can perform the job. Waited MONTHS to start after I was told I got the job.

Windows Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Overhead Door (Lewisville, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen, then onsite interview. Had to take a 90 minute test which was a waste of time. Setup onsite interview that was cancelled day before because they hired for the position. Not even 24 hour notice. Would not have invested time if they were interviewing the previous days and were going to select from that group.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Overhead Door (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called first and we completed a phone interview, She recommended me for an on site interview a few days later. completed the in person on site interview and went through a battery of tests. Math, Comprehension, problem solving. went well and a couple days later they offered me a job at $10,000 LESS than the recruiter had promised me, i would have NEVER waisted two days of my life if i would have knon. Bait and switch scam!!!!!

Metal Roller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewistown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Overhead Door (Lewistown, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Casual Laid Back Manufacturing environment office. May of over dressed .for the interview. Clean faculty, stagged questions. Can not say much about the hiring process wasn't hired. Called and interview next day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of this job.   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Overhead Door.

Interview

A friend referred me to them, suggesting I might be a good fit as a service or installation manager. The phone call to schedule was difficult as they didn’t really seem to have their net out. Pre-interview application process was a little chaotic. I knew the business had been there for decades but the whole office seemed a bit off kilter and disorganized. She asked me to retake a section of the Wunderlich test because my answers did not corroborate with what they expected it should. So, it’s like a test to see if I fit their mold? I was told I would be contacted for an interview. No one did. Good enough.

Commercial Entry Door Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Overhead Door (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

One interview with HR, then a second with dept manager, that you'll be working in. There is an aptitude test, mostly bout lever,pullies, pyhsics, and mechanical operations. Not that hard..

Interview Questions

• How would you handle and irate client.   1 Answer

Regional Controller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Overhead Door in December 2013.

Interview

HR contacted me a few days after I applied online to schedule a phone screen interview with the hiring manager. The interview was brief, hiring manager kept it to 30 minutes. Went into detail about the position, fast paced looking for someone to hit the ground running, not a lot of time to get up to speed. She only asked about a few accomplishments on my resume. Was surprised that she kept it to 30 minutes since the next interview is in Texas.

Interview Questions

• I was asked whether I had M&A experience. It's not on my resume or the job description.   Answer Question

Director Human Resources, ASD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Overhead Door (Lewisville, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted very quickly after the submission on their website. The recruiter was very professional and got me excited about the position. I came to meet with them, (the Recruiter, VP of HR and President of the division), just a few days after we talked on the phone. The location was very good and the receptionist was very helpful. The environment seemed a little conservative, but in general, a good environment. The VP of HR was a good interviewer and I was excited about the possibility of working for/with him. We spent over an hour together and then I met with the President of the division I would be representing. The interview with the President of the division did not go as well as with the VP of HR. He seemed to be a little taken aback that I was asking questions before he was ready for me to ask them, but everyone is different. In general, the interviews were good and I think I would have enjoyed working for them.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overhead Door (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

I was recruited for a Director position and they had me come out for three rounds of interviews, each lasting two to three hours. Then *poof* ... nothing. Obviously not a job offer, but not even a "Thanks for your interest, but you're not a good fit." How hard is it to send a rejection letter or email? Dragging someone through a lengthy interview process, plus taking a rather rigorous screening exam, then to not even tell them the search is over - regardless of the reason - is amateurish and unprofessional.