Overhead Door Interview Questions

2.4

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Overhead Door in February 2015.

A recruiter called first and we completed a phone interview, She recommended me for an on site interview a few days later. completed the in person on site interview and went through a battery of tests. Math, Comprehension, problem solving. went well and a couple days later they offered me a job at $10,000 LESS than the recruiter had promised me, i would have NEVER waisted two days of my life if i would have knon. Bait and switch scam!!!!!

Regional Controller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Overhead Door in December 2013.

HR contacted me a few days after I applied online to schedule a phone screen interview with the hiring manager. The interview was brief, hiring manager kept it to 30 minutes. Went into detail about the position, fast paced looking for someone to hit the ground running, not a lot of time to get up to speed. She only asked about a few accomplishments on my resume. Was surprised that she kept it to 30 minutes since the next interview is in Texas.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked whether I had M&A experience. It's not on my resume or the job description.   Answer Question

Director Human Resources, ASD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Overhead Door in March 2013.

Was contacted very quickly after the submission on their website. The recruiter was very professional and got me excited about the position. I came to meet with them, (the Recruiter, VP of HR and President of the division), just a few days after we talked on the phone. The location was very good and the receptionist was very helpful. The environment seemed a little conservative, but in general, a good environment. The VP of HR was a good interviewer and I was excited about the possibility of working for/with him. We spent over an hour together and then I met with the President of the division I would be representing. The interview with the President of the division did not go as well as with the VP of HR. He seemed to be a little taken aback that I was asking questions before he was ready for me to ask them, but everyone is different. In general, the interviews were good and I think I would have enjoyed working for them.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overhead Door.

I was recruited for a Director position and they had me come out for three rounds of interviews, each lasting two to three hours. Then *poof* ... nothing. Obviously not a job offer, but not even a "Thanks for your interest, but you're not a good fit." How hard is it to send a rejection letter or email? Dragging someone through a lengthy interview process, plus taking a rather rigorous screening exam, then to not even tell them the search is over - regardless of the reason - is amateurish and unprofessional.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Overhead Door in October 2009.

The hiring process began by finding the job posting on a career website which directed me to apply online. Approximately two weeks after I applied online I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a telephone interview. The recruiter was very pleasant. She seemed to genuinely enjoy her position and was very knowledgeable about the company and the position she was recruiting for. The initial screening interview lasted approximately thirty minutes and consisted of the expected questions: why are you looking, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what value would you bring to the position, etc. The call ended with a description of the company's benefits package and my requested salary. Two weeks passed and the recruiter phoned back asking if I was available for in person interviews. I was told I would need to meet with several different managers: five in total, but the last two would be reserved for final candidates only. I scheduled the first round of in person meetings for the following week. I met with the recruiter in person for about thirty minutes answering the same questions I had answered previously on the phone. Next I met with two managers who were peer-level to the position I was applying for. They had little experience in interviewing and I did most of the talking. Next I met with the hiring manager. She had a very odd interview style, but I liked her personality. She was running late, so we only spent about ten minutes together. I was returned to the recruiter who escorted me out and said she would follow up if I was a match. A week passed and the recruiter called to schedule my final interview. I met with two managers from sales together and they mostly asked about my previous experience. I was then sent back to the hiring manager and was able to spend another ten minutes with her. I was then sent on my way. Two weeks passed and then I was called and asked to take a personality/IQ test. The results came back quickly and I was offered a position within three days. Overall a very long process.

Interview Questions
    • What type of roommate would I want in college?   View Answer
    I attempted to negotiate a higher salary, extra vacation time, or reimbursement for educational expenses. I was unable to get any of these and was told it was because I would be making too close to the next highest pay grade. After being with the company for awhile I know that this is not true. There is a huge gap and a lot of room to negotiate within. I should have held firm.

Confidential Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Overhead Door in September 2013.

After resume submission, I got a call very quickly. First interview was pleasant, and with an excellent professional style – told me that next stage is an interview with VP. Send me an email after, and asked to fill some info online. Suddenly, from nowhere, I got an email with “Thanks, but no thanks”….. Very weird and unprofessional!

Installer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Overhead Door in August 2008.

I walked in an asked for an application and was interview that day. i recieved a call the next day and was hired.