Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.6

Professional Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Overlake uses behavioral-based interviewing so go in prepared to give examples from your prior work. I had a phone interview with HR first, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I went back for a group interview. I wore a suit but I think a "business professional" look would've been ok, too. People were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation with a difficult person you encountered at work and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview took about 30 minutes. The hiring manager gave an overview of the position and the company itself. The manager also asked a series of standard questions regarding management style, asking me to describe different situations and scenarios that took place in my previous work and how I handled each situation.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a situation where two co-workers had different opinions regarding a topic or situation that is work related.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call for an interview, I went to my interview within a week. Same day of interview I received phone call about checking my references. Three days later I got the phone call that I got the job. Quick an easy process

Interview Questions

• What did you like about school the most?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't want to over step my boundaries seeing as I am a new grad. In August they will being doing a survey to increase everyone's wages and I qualify. Weekends you make extra and working at night you make more too.

Health Information Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a regular staff worker two weeks later. An interview was requested with the HIM manager, but had to be conducted within two days. This was very short notice. 1:1 interview with HIM manager was in her office. There were about 20 difficult questions that assumed working experience in this field. Several questions were odd and probably not part of the "script" the manager was supposed to follow. A group interview was supposed to occur next, but I wasn't selected to continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the circumstances in which you would violate policy?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

One interview, nurse manager was very congenial and offered me the position on the phone.

Negotiation

I work for a Nurse travel company and the salary was already set.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

Interview

Very Positive experience. Brought in for initial interview, invited back for second team interview. Very informative, offered opportunity to learn a ton about position. Inviting team that seemed to really care about finding the right "fit". Communication with HR was fantastic!

Interview Questions

• Just was very shocked at their transparency (seemed very open and honest about challenges of position). I am not use to this. Team seemed really interested in my thoughts and opened the floor for my questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a ton of negotiation room on salary. I did take a significant pay decrease, but I am pretty sure it is a good move. They are growing, adding and I do feel that in the end this will be a slight step back for a bigger step forward.

Medical Technologist Microbiology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (Bellevue, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Easy and straightforward. I had applied several times in the past but I after I did what they told me to do I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a micro test about the biochemical and morphological characteristics of several organisms.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Easy and straightforward.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics in September 2010.

Interview

One interview - I knew the manager previously so the interview was not stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Union contract made for little wiggle room to negotiate.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics in March 2010.

Interview

Called from HR, scheduled interview with unit nurse manager. Met nurse manage in ED waiting area, then toured unit. After tour went into his office where he asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Don't Remember :/ mostly typical basic interview questions. nothing from left field   Answer Question