Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.3

Health Information Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics in July 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a regular staff worker two weeks later. An interview was requested with the HIM manager, but had to be conducted within two days. This was very short notice. 1:1 interview with HIM manager was in her office. There were about 20 difficult questions that assumed working experience in this field. Several questions were odd and probably not part of the "script" the manager was supposed to follow.

A group interview was supposed to occur next, but I wasn't selected to continue in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What are the circumstances in which you would violate policy?   View Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics in February 2014.

One interview, nurse manager was very congenial and offered me the position on the phone.

I work for a Nurse travel company and the salary was already set.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics.

Very Positive experience. Brought in for initial interview, invited back for second team interview. Very informative, offered opportunity to learn a ton about position. Inviting team that seemed to really care about finding the right "fit". Communication with HR was fantastic!

Interview Questions
    • Just was very shocked at their transparency (seemed very open and honest about challenges of position). I am not use to this. Team seemed really interested in my thoughts and opened the floor for my questions.   Answer Question
    Not a ton of negotiation room on salary. I did take a significant pay decrease, but I am pretty sure it is a good move. They are growing, adding and I do feel that in the end this will be a slight step back for a bigger step forward.

Medical Technologist Microbiology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics in October 2013.

Easy and straightforward. I had applied several times in the past but I after I did what they told me to do I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a micro test about the biochemical and morphological characteristics of several organisms.   View Answer
    Easy and straightforward.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics in September 2010.

One interview - I knew the manager previously so the interview was not stressful.

Interview Questions
    Union contract made for little wiggle room to negotiate.

Patient Care Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics in March 2010.

Called from HR, scheduled interview with unit nurse manager. Met nurse manage in ED waiting area, then toured unit. After tour went into his office where he asked me questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't Remember :/ mostly typical basic interview questions. nothing from left field   Answer Question

Worked for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics? Contribute to the Community!