Oversee.net

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oversee.net in February 2013.

Interview Details – One half day of stacked interviews, half hour each.

Interview Question – None. Very straightforward. Considerate, helpful interviewers with positive vibe with exception of one very nasty middle management interviewer. She was very self-impressed. M was abrasive and made me really consider if I should take the job as she was full of red flags. Ultimately instinct was correct and I left because of her micro-managing, hierarchal approach. She is not an expert or qualified to manage a person with more than a years experience in this field. She has an MBA and feels it makes her more knowledgeable than a seasoned sales person with 6 years experience. A shame because everyone else is strong. One of those people you run from after trying every way to work with them but you realize they will never change or compromise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiable about 10%.

Controller Interview

Controller
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Oversee.net in December 2011.

Interview Details – Was referred through an agency and interview process was pretty standard and quick. Met with a management level and senior manager level. Both seemed nice at first. Oh how things change once you start. Background check was standard, once I passed the interviewers "test" had to deal with HR. HR there seems to be disconnected to the needs of the business.

Interview Question – Since work experience was different then industry, questions were more behavioral in nature. Got along well with both interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. They met my demands.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oversee.net in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very nice and professional interview. Met with director of engineering, software engineers and other senior managers. All the interviewers were very helpful and professional.

Interview Question – Permutation problem   Answer Question

Web Content Manager Interview

Web Content Manager

Interviewed at Oversee.net

Interview Details – Company typically posts openings on craigslist.com. Process consisted of two phone and two in-person interviews. First phone interview was with HR; second was with my future boss. In person interviews were with the future boss and her whole team, and then with a director-level suit. Fairly standard, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Where and how have you made money for your previous employers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little flexibility in the offer; would have liked to know in advance that the company was grasping at straws before I took the job...but ultimately that's on me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Oversee.net in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email by one of their in house recruiters, who spoke with me briefly on the phone about my experience, why I wanted to leave my current job. Then, I went into the office to interview with two people. Both were very very nice. No tricky questions at all. I left the office feeling good. Minutes after I left, the recruiter called and made me an offer! I countered the next day and got a small bump up.

I had a great interview experience there, but I think that was because of my interviewer. The hiring process is different with every manager and dept.

Interview Question – Are you more detail oriented or more big picture?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I did and they gave me a small bump. I happily accepted.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oversee.net in December 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online on craigslist and then had to take a phone screen with a technical programmer for a lead position.

Passed the technical questions no sweat, and then was told I had to take a proficiency test.

Took about 3-4 days to finish up the proficiency test and sent it over to the recruiter. After not hearing from the guy for about 2-3 days, they then put me on another phone screen with a tech lead and was given questions regarding the proficiency tests and overall work experience. So far so good, passed this test.

Finally time for the group interview. Went in there 2 times, once during a lunch break where I interviewed with the project manager and director. A week later, went in for the technical final screen for about 2.5 hours and got drilled with more technical questions (missed like 1 or 2) but thought I did pretty well considering.

After all of this, I was on vacation for about 2 weeks at my current job. I finally decided to send an email to the technical recruiter asking about the status, but no response. About 2-3 days later I found out Oversee.net was downsizing and the director who had the open rec was canned. Overall I would of appreciated the feedback on whether I got it or not, plus all the time spent sort of was a waste.

Cool office though in LA downtown, last time I heard they had free drinks but started to cut back on the free red bull unfortunately.

Interview Question – How do you optimize text base searching within the database without using Oracle text search?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Oversee.net? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oversee.net interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oversee.net employees and interview candidates.