Overstock.com Copywriter Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com in November 2011.

I waited upwards of 45 minutes past our scheduled interview time before they came out to greet me. I was pretty turned off by that, and had considered leaving a handful of times without even bothering with the interview. My managers seemed very nice - both women, which you don't see often. Interview was typical, they asked about any relevant experience, then had me write a sample product description on-the-spot. They did not ask for references, even when I offered to supply them.

Other Interview Reviews for Overstock.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com in January 2010.

First interview followed by second 'writing test' interview two days later. Received notice of hire later that day.

Interview Questions
    Pay is poor for the position. No negotiation.

Copywriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com in July 2008.

Found posting online, applied, received e-mail offering me interview and informing of the set salary. I laughed. However, I went to the interview and I was persuaded that I did actually want the job, despite the ridiculously low salary. I liked the boss, the company, the philosophy of the company, and the job itself. Great interview.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember any questions that I found difficult to answer.   View Answer
    No negotiations were possible. Flat fee per hour, period.