Overstock.com

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Overstock.com in November 2011.

Interview Details – I waited upwards of 45 minutes past our scheduled interview time before they came out to greet me. I was pretty turned off by that, and had considered leaving a handful of times without even bothering with the interview. My managers seemed very nice - both women, which you don't see often. Interview was typical, they asked about any relevant experience, then had me write a sample product description on-the-spot. They did not ask for references, even when I offered to supply them.

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Overstock.com in January 2010.

Interview Details – First interview followed by second 'writing test' interview two days later. Received notice of hire later that day.

Interview Question – Nothing. Easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is poor for the position. No negotiation.

Copywriter

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Overstock.com in July 2008.

Interview Details – Found posting online, applied, received e-mail offering me interview and informing of the set salary. I laughed. However, I went to the interview and I was persuaded that I did actually want the job, despite the ridiculously low salary. I liked the boss, the company, the philosophy of the company, and the job itself. Great interview.

Interview Question – I cannot remember any questions that I found difficult to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were possible. Flat fee per hour, period.

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!