Overstock.com Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

1.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

it actually went pretty well. and for the 1st 2.5 years working here was awesome BUT NO LONGER. you have been warned. they are doing 'bait and switch' and the new management team are a bunch of tempermental idiots (and that would include the new co president stormy simon) who only got their position but butt kissing

Interview Questions

• i dont recall it was 2.5 years ago   1 Answer

Negotiation

who knows-no negotiation. 'take it or leave it'.

Other Interview Reviews for Overstock.com

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call 2 days later and an interview scheduled the day after that. Once that was done I scheduled a 2nd interveiw and began training the week following.

Interview Questions

• Explain a sittuation where you did not have the necesary tools to fix a sittaution. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not one.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

There was one interview and it went smoothly. They tried to make it seem like it was a great company to work for and it is not. Its deceiving and fake to a T. Dont believe their lies.

Interview Questions

• I didnt get any difficult questions on the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing ! It was a easy interview but they will fool you. The company is not who they seem to be they are all a bunch of executives who care nothing about you and I mean NOTHING !

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2010.

Interview

Basic typing test and answer 5 questions like "what would you do if, or name a time that"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2009.

Interview

I spoke with someone on the phone. I then had a one on one interview, after which I took a few PC based tests, such as typing and vocabulary. It was very smooth and simple.

Interview Questions

• I'm afraid I don't remember any difficult questions. I found it a bit challenging to answer the same type of questions repeatedly and provide good answers, however.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have a negotiation phase as that's not my forte when applying for work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Overstock.com (Tooele, UT) in September 2009.

Interview

They call you for an interview, you go they ask you a couple of questions and do a typing test.

Interview Questions

• I you could have dinner with someone either alive or dead who would it be and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

at the time of intervie I was asked what shift i wanted and when they called to offer the job, they said "oh by the way the day shift is not available, you will have to work the night shift." I needed a job

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2007.

Interview

The interview process was easy and fast. I feel that the interview was good because it touched so many different aspects about me.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness you have in the workplace?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com in November 2009.

Interview

I first sent in my resume and received a response with in two days to be interviewed and then about a week later I came into an orientation and filled out some paperwork and then the following week went through a two weeks of training and then hit the phones on the floore and have been here ever since...

Interview Questions

• Give an example where a cutomer was extremely angry at you and you had to keep your cool and assist the customer.   1 Answer
    • Give an example when had to get work with a fellow employee that you really disliked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing...