Overstock.com

Overstock.com Manager Interview Questions in Utah

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com.

It was very well done. it started with a quick phone screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. It took about 30 mins and mostly covered my background. The next day I was scheduled for a face to face interview a couple days later. This interview was more focused on my knowledge of the job area and specifics about the role I played at former employers. This interview took about 30 mins and then I met with another director and we went into more about my philosophies on management practices and people skills. We spoke for about 30 mins and they fully explained the timeline and that there were still many applicants to interview and we were look at about 10 - 14 days to make a final decision. The hiring manager was very good about staying in touch during this time and approx. 3 weeks from my in-house interview I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Emphasis was placed on questions concerning management skills. Be prepared to speak openly about how you manage people and tasks as well as how you achieve results. They are looking for managers that can develop employees.   Answer Question
We spoke candidly about my requirements at the interview. I knew that I was asking for a reasonable salary and they met that number, we really did not need to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Overstock.com

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com in January 2008.

At Overstock, interviews are arranged to get you with a pack of people at the same time 3 or 4 at least.
    So be prepared to be very general in your answers until you get a feel of the people that are interviewing you.
    Do your research about Overstock, but focus on Naked Short Selling and Patrick Byrne's fight against Wall Street, praise it and you'll be fine.
    Buy something from Overstock before the interview and mention it.
    There is a great advantage if you are from Darmouth, Stanford and BYU.

Interview Questions
    Do your research and ask for the highest salary you can think of, because there won't be any future promotions or raises.