Overstock.com Software Developer Interview Questions in Utah

Updated Apr 25, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Mostly writing code examples for a panel of technical leads on the whiteboard. Although I felt I Although I knew the material well, and answered the questions well, I was knocked down for a few simple issues like missing a curly brace or not knowing the exact spelling of collection methods.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Overstock.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2010.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and had me fill out a questionnaire. They contacted me a few days later for a phone interview with two people. I was flown in a week later for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received a solid offer. No negotiation necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2010.

Interview

Recruiter convinced me to interview despite my better judgement. Overstock has a bad rep locally as a bit of a sweat shop and one that tends to lay people off regularly. My recruiter said things had changed in the past few years. I arrived around 11am and met with 2 senior level guys. They had me write code for a binary tree traversal on the board and asked a series of questions. After that, 2 different guys took me to lunch. Lunch seemed geared around getting to know me as a person and didn't involve and traditional interview questions. It was very casual. After lunch, I got a small tour of the building and met with 3 other guy who grilled me technically for a while. Lastly, I met with a higher up (VP type) and was given the Overstock sales pitch. Overall, I thought the interview was fairly easy despite being a 4 hour ordeal.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary sorted tree of ints, write code (java) on the board to traverse the tree to determine if a given value is in the tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency (Parallel HR) and had a technical interview over the phone prior to being flown to SLC for further interviewing and evaluation. Interviews were focused on technical abilities and experience, no non-sense, hands down. I liked the people and the casual environment. I felt attracted to the company mostly because of the high-caliber people I met, the technology in use and the fact that the company is not afraid to try new technologies.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you're referring to as continuations. How can they be implemented in Java?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the offer