Overstock.com

2.8

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Demand Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Overstock.com in February 2013.

Great people who stayed in constant communication via phone interview and repeded emails to set up time for initial on site interview. On site interview was thorough and lasted about 4-5 hours. Included meeting multiple managers in various areas and a practical test of computing skills, followed by a presentation to a manager of your overall thought process durring the exercise. Overall great experiance

Interview Questions
    • The Practical test was something completely unexpected., be ready to show your competency in the area you are being hired for.   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Overstock.com in February 2013.

Multiple rounds of phone and in-person interviews - kind of felt like recruiting didn't have much communication with each other. I was called and emailed by several different people who had no idea I had already spoken with someone.

Interview Questions
    • Internet e-commerce questions, coming from outside the industry it was tough to be specific.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiations.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com in January 2013.

Got an email from HR with position details and a questionnaire about my skills and experience on testing process, tools etc. Then got to round 2 - phone interview with 2 test leads for about an hour . The interviewers were good. Got an email nxt day from recruiter that they are moving fwd with others. Really disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Walk through my CV and my current duties
      2) Technical questions on SQL, UNIX, basic diff in QTP and load runner, webserver - I answered everything

Answer Question

Photo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com.

I had an initial phone interview where we basically went over my basic qualifications and what the job actually entails. Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The interview consisted of answering a series of standard interview questions, completing a brief Photoshop quiz on basic commands including magic wand/selection, cropping, deleting backgrounds, image re-sizing, etc. There was a hiring freeze implemented soon after my interview so even tho management told me they wanted to offer me a position, I was not actually offered the position till several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Time off during the fourth quarter (October 1 - December 31) is not allowed and on the rare exception that it is allowed it is only for senior employees. Asking if I was OK with not taking any time off during this period was a little unexpected but understandable as it is a retail company.   View Answer
    I tried to get a little higher compensation however they declined telling me that raises are based on performance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com in August 2012.

I applied online. I received a phone call 2 days later and an interview scheduled the day after that. Once that was done I scheduled a 2nd interveiw and began training the week following.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a sittuation where you did not have the necesary tools to fix a sittaution. How did you handle it.   Answer Question
    There was not one.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Overstock.com in May 2012.

They gave me some "homework" to complete - didn't take long. I think there was one phone screen, then an onsite interview. The whole process was very fast; they make a decision with a day or two of the onsite interview, and they want an answer in a week.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall. I do remember they asked me to write some code on a white board, and the correct way to solve the problem was recursive.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They made an offer, and I accepted it.

Pick and Pack - Stock Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Overstock.com in February 2012.

They hire through Prologistix. The people at Prologistix will take you into a little room and give you a run through of what they do with an RF to pick item, however that training is only partially correct. It is not set up so that you can really get an idea of how the true operations work. There wasn't really an interview for this position. The staffing service has their own interviewing process and may ask if you have any experience, but you don't need experience for this job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience in a warehouse?   View Answer
    They do not negotiate and they have people working at Overstock whom have worked at the company for 3 or more years and still have not been offered a position. Overstock RARELY hires anyone, but have plenty of people from the temp service.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com in November 2011.

I waited upwards of 45 minutes past our scheduled interview time before they came out to greet me. I was pretty turned off by that, and had considered leaving a handful of times without even bothering with the interview. My managers seemed very nice - both women, which you don't see often. Interview was typical, they asked about any relevant experience, then had me write a sample product description on-the-spot. They did not ask for references, even when I offered to supply them.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Overstock.com in November 2011.

A recruiter got in touch with me and then asked me to submit a document answering 10 questions about certain things in the field (i.e. what tools I used and why, experience with code, etc.). Then I moved onto a phone interview, which they offered me a 1:1 interview the next day. I went to the 1:1, it consisted of 5 members from Overstock, they offered me the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really negotiate, the recruiter mostly did that for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Overstock.com in October 2011.

There was one interview and it went smoothly. They tried to make it seem like it was a great company to work for and it is not. Its deceiving and fake to a T. Dont believe their lies.

Interview Questions
    • I didnt get any difficult questions on the interview.   View Answer
    Nothing ! It was a easy interview but they will fool you. The company is not who they seem to be they are all a bunch of executives who care nothing about you and I mean NOTHING !