Owens Community College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Faculty Interview

Part Time Faculty
Toledo, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Owens Community College in August 2010.

Interview Details – Online application with resume and cover letter. Also, I was asked to submit transcripts from each of the colleges I attended. Within a week of completing online application, I was called in for a one on one interview with a department head. She interviewed me in her office on the Toledo campus. I was hired on the spot and began work within a week of hire. This was six years ago, and I am still working at Owens.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain how I evaluate and grade students' essays.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because salary is the same for every new hire teacher. The compensation was presented to me without the opportunity to question it. However, a scale of regular raises was presented to me.

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Toledo, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Owens Community College.

Interview Details – Hiring committee usually 4-6 individuals across institution

Interview Question – Name a movie or TV show that closely reflects you and/or your family.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR determines pay based on your experience level for the position, not sure if there is any negotiating especially now with financial crisis.

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Owens Community College in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had one interview. I went to one of the supervisors offices, she started asking me questions. I was a student so it was easier to get the job. She asked why I would be a benefit to their safety department. She also asked my availability and I think that's a major reason I got the job because I was so flexible and right on campus.

Interview Question – Why did I want to be a dispatcher since I had no previous experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a student job so I was quick to say yes. Just make sure you seem eager and willing to learn.

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Owens Community College in February 2009.

Interview Details – Involved resume and application online, followed by a panel interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, Union contract determined all "negotiables".

Help Desk I Interview

Help Desk I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Owens Community College in October 2008.

Interview Details – There were 6 people on the panel and they each took turns asking questions, ie. stengths, weakness, etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for Owens Community College? Contribute to the Community!