Owens Community College Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Owens Community College

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Owens Community College.

Hiring committee usually 4-6 individuals across institution

Interview Questions
    • Name a movie or TV show that closely reflects you and/or your family.   Answer Question
    HR determines pay based on your experience level for the position, not sure if there is any negotiating especially now with financial crisis.

Part Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Owens Community College in August 2010.

Online application with resume and cover letter. Also, I was asked to submit transcripts from each of the colleges I attended. Within a week of completing online application, I was called in for a one on one interview with a department head. She interviewed me in her office on the Toledo campus. I was hired on the spot and began work within a week of hire. This was six years ago, and I am still working at Owens.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain how I evaluate and grade students' essays.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because salary is the same for every new hire teacher. The compensation was presented to me without the opportunity to question it. However, a scale of regular raises was presented to me.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Owens Community College in October 2009.

I had one interview. I went to one of the supervisors offices, she started asking me questions. I was a student so it was easier to get the job. She asked why I would be a benefit to their safety department. She also asked my availability and I think that's a major reason I got the job because I was so flexible and right on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to be a dispatcher since I had no previous experience   Answer Question
    It was a student job so I was quick to say yes. Just make sure you seem eager and willing to learn.

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Owens Community College in February 2009.

Involved resume and application online, followed by a panel interview.

No negotiation, Union contract determined all "negotiables".

Help Desk I Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Owens Community College in October 2008.

There were 6 people on the panel and they each took turns asking questions, ie. stengths, weakness, etc.