Owens Corning Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.2

MLP Interview

I spoke with the recruiters at the career fair at the University I attend and got an interview within days. The recruiters worked very quickly after that and I had an offer within a week of my initial interview.
    They would not consider anybody without prior manufacturing experience, which meant either a previous internship or coop. For me, the interviewing process was very easy and very fast.

Interview Questions
    • I had an interview at the end of the internship that was over the phone and there were a few questions that I was unprepared for. Mostly they wanted to know intimate details about my previous experiences that I hadn't thought about for a long time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Owens Corning.

OC moves very quickly during its recruiting process. They're not going to keep you in limbo about your job status. They got back to me in under a week which is a bit atypical for larger companies. The interview includes all of the typical behavioral questions using the Star method. Try to really emphasis your past manufacturing experiences and your enthusiasm for the field and you should do great!

Science & Technology Development Program-China Interview

I attended the career fair held by the university and got an campus interview invitation for the next day. It is very surprising that I can got an interview from them because I am majoring in pulp and paper science. The reason for me to get this interview opportunity is because the similarity of manufacturing process of papermaking and fiber glass making. Also, I think it is because this is a back to China program located in my own home town. The interview took around 30-45min. Two people interviewed me. One is from HR and another is technical director.

Interview Questions
    • What are the two leadership qualities you are most proud of?
      Tell me one technical difficulty you met before and how you solve it.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

They use a Star Format for their interview questions, so be prepared for that. Be prepared to describe several aspects of your past jobs/ internships (at the very least make sure you have a detailed description of your most recent job or internship. They really like to see leadership qualities.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience at <<completely unrelated job from my resume>>   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Long lag from applying to interviewing, but once interviewed things happened quickly. It's difficult to find good candidate in Toledo, so often there is only one viable candidate. Standard questions from hr and non-hiring manager. Hiring manager invited industry questions and once that's answered to his or her satisfaction job offer will come quickly

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions, cases, analytical, no brain teasers   View Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Owens Corning in September 2014.

The interview was held on campus the next day after a college career fair. It was about 1/2 hour long with 2 interviewers. They took turns asking questions and all of the questions asked were behavioral questions such as "Give an example of time when you demonstrated leadership skills.".

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a challenge you've faced and how did you overcame it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Owens Corning in September 2014.

On campus interview. Both first and second round were back-to-back on campus. Each were 45 minutes. No on site visits at all, which I thought was unusual. To me, it it like they were trying to hide their working environment and culture. Or, the company was trying to cut all costs. Most of the questions were usual behavioral or leadership questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was two interviewers and me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethically difficult situation.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Leadership Program Interview

Owens Corning really values manufacturing experience. highlight work experience that you have. Have a good attitude and use specific examples in your interview. Remember the entire time you are with an OC representative you are being evaluated. there are many "casual" settings you are put in. this entire time you are being evaluated so keep that in mind.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview is almost 5 hours long, very exhausting. Met with 1-2 different individuals every hour. Be prepared to repeat yourself as many of them ask the similar questions. Mostly behavioral questions, a few technical

Interview Questions
    • They give you a brain teaser and ask you to work through the problem out loud   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Owens Corning in April 2014.

The hiring process for this one-year, Financial Analyst contract role, involved a telephone screening, which was really an initial group interview. If the interviewers liked how you responded to their questions over the phone, then you would be invited to take part in a second, face-to-face, group meeting (a week later). Passing the latter would result in you getting the temporary job.

Interview Questions
    • I will summarize this by phase: (1) Phone Interview: The interviewers’ greatest concern, since they wanted to "fill the role quickly" was whether or not I would look for a fulltime job, on the side, if I were brought aboard. (This question was brought up numerous times!) This prompted me to promise them that I would faithfully stay, during the entire duration of the temporary role. In turn, my only request was that I be notified, in advance, if Owens Corning decided to either phase out the role after a year or turn it into a fulltime, permanent-hire position. (2) In-Person, Group Interview: This disorganized meeting, which made me feel quite awkward, during the entire time I was at the Corporate Office, was made confusing, when the interviewers wanted to know, multiple times, whether or not I had any more questions for them, rather than inquiring about my background as well as what would I be able to contribute to the company if hired.   View Answer