Owens Corning Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

3.2

Area Sales Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

After submitting my resume and the typical phone screening, Owens Corning arranged my travel to one of their manufacturing sites. I went out to dinner with a team of recruiters, as well as two other candidates. This was the first and only time I have ever participated in an interview with other candidates present. Candidate 1 was a bit older than myself with more extensive experience; I assumed that he would be chosen (rightly) for this position. Candidate 2 was much younger and struck me as immature. He responded rudely to a question from one of the HR reps and at the time I thought he may have compromised his interview right then.

Dinner was fine, but the lead HR rep commented that their interviewers agreed that they knew within ten seconds or so of meeting a potential candidate face-to-face whether or not they wanted to pursue that candidate. Apparently because the members were so competent and wise. I obviously had about two competing thoughts about this: 1) If I am not selected, then this pathetic, self-important little HR person just insulted me and the other candidate for no good reason, and 2) If I AM selected, this pathetic, self-important little HR person couldn't have possibly have made the decision with much thought or skill. Plus, he insulted the other two candidates for no good reason.

The next morning was the site visit. Candidate 1 showed up at the same time I did and we had the opportunity for some conversation before the interviews and plant tour. Candidate 2 was nowhere to be seen. The details are somewhat irrelevant, other than the conditions on the factory floor looked unsafe and surprised me because I figured OC would have a better handle on their operations.

I wasn't offered the position and believe it was probably for the best. I know that the Owens Corning I saw at the time was NOT the place I wanted to work, but I hope that for the sake of their members that they are focusing on the safety and health of their factory workers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this opportunity?   1 Answer

Marketing Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

I had two 30-minute phone interviews to start, one with someone in Talent Acquisition and an internal recruiter, before having a phone conversation with the hiring manager. After about a week, I was contacted by another person in HR to set up time for an onsite interview. This was a set of three panel interviews, including the hiring manager for the role and business HR leader, as well as internal clients and colleagues for the role. Throughout the process, everyone was extremely friendly, easy to work with/talk to, and the various focal points I worked with did an excellent job of keeping me updated.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer using the STAR format.   Answer Question

MLP Interview

Interview

I spoke with the recruiters at the career fair at the University I attend and got an interview within days. The recruiters worked very quickly after that and I had an offer within a week of my initial interview.
    They would not consider anybody without prior manufacturing experience, which meant either a previous internship or coop. For me, the interviewing process was very easy and very fast.

Interview Questions

• I had an interview at the end of the internship that was over the phone and there were a few questions that I was unprepared for. Mostly they wanted to know intimate details about my previous experiences that I hadn't thought about for a long time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

OC moves very quickly during its recruiting process. They're not going to keep you in limbo about your job status. They got back to me in under a week which is a bit atypical for larger companies. The interview includes all of the typical behavioral questions using the Star method. Try to really emphasis your past manufacturing experiences and your enthusiasm for the field and you should do great!

Interview Questions

Interview

I attended the career fair held by the university and got an campus interview invitation for the next day. It is very surprising that I can got an interview from them because I am majoring in pulp and paper science. The reason for me to get this interview opportunity is because the similarity of manufacturing process of papermaking and fiber glass making. Also, I think it is because this is a back to China program located in my own home town. The interview took around 30-45min. Two people interviewed me. One is from HR and another is technical director.

Interview Questions

• What are the two leadership qualities you are most proud of?
      Tell me one technical difficulty you met before and how you solve it.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They use a Star Format for their interview questions, so be prepared for that. Be prepared to describe several aspects of your past jobs/ internships (at the very least make sure you have a detailed description of your most recent job or internship. They really like to see leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at <<completely unrelated job from my resume>>   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

Long lag from applying to interviewing, but once interviewed things happened quickly. It's difficult to find good candidate in Toledo, so often there is only one viable candidate. Standard questions from hr and non-hiring manager. Hiring manager invited industry questions and once that's answered to his or her satisfaction job offer will come quickly

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, cases, analytical, no brain teasers   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Owens Corning (Toledo, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was held on campus the next day after a college career fair. It was about 1/2 hour long with 2 interviewers. They took turns asking questions and all of the questions asked were behavioral questions such as "Give an example of time when you demonstrated leadership skills.".

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenge you've faced and how did you overcame it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Owens Corning in September 2014.

Interview

On campus interview. Both first and second round were back-to-back on campus. Each were 45 minutes. No on site visits at all, which I thought was unusual. To me, it it like they were trying to hide their working environment and culture. Or, the company was trying to cut all costs. Most of the questions were usual behavioral or leadership questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was two interviewers and me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethically difficult situation.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Leadership Program Interview

Interview

Owens Corning really values manufacturing experience. highlight work experience that you have. Have a good attitude and use specific examples in your interview. Remember the entire time you are with an OC representative you are being evaluated. there are many "casual" settings you are put in. this entire time you are being evaluated so keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate.