Owens Corning

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Owens Corning in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process for this one-year, Financial Analyst contract role, involved a telephone screening, which was really an initial group interview. If the interviewers liked how you responded to their questions over the phone, then you would be invited to take part in a second, face-to-face, group meeting (a week later). Passing the latter would result in you getting the temporary job.

Interview Question – I will summarize this by phase: (1) Phone Interview: The interviewers’ greatest concern, since they wanted to "fill the role quickly" was whether or not I would look for a fulltime job, on the side, if I were brought aboard. (This question was brought up numerous times!) This prompted me to promise them that I would faithfully stay, during the entire duration of the temporary role. In turn, my only request was that I be notified, in advance, if Owens Corning decided to either phase out the role after a year or turn it into a fulltime, permanent-hire position. (2) In-Person, Group Interview: This disorganized meeting, which made me feel quite awkward, during the entire time I was at the Corporate Office, was made confusing, when the interviewers wanted to know, multiple times, whether or not I had any more questions for them, rather than inquiring about my background as well as what would I be able to contribute to the company if hired.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview Details – Interview is almost 5 hours long, very exhausting. Met with 1-2 different individuals every hour. Be prepared to repeat yourself as many of them ask the similar questions. Mostly behavioral questions, a few technical

Interview Question – They give you a brain teaser and ask you to work through the problem out loud   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Kansas City, KS

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Owens Corning in March 2014.

Interview Details – very detailed interviewing style panel type interviews

Interview Question – How do you get more effective work out of hourly employees which already have a full schedule?   Answer Question

Information Systems Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was really informative and thorough. I spoke with HR a couple of times and then went through a phone interview and then an in-person interview. I thought it was one of the better processes I have ever had with a company.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty standard for an interview and I didn't really think any of them were difficult.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Leadership Program Interview

Interviewed at Owens Corning

Interview Details – Started out with a phone screening. Next a bunch of candidates were flown out to Texas. First day was a tour of their facility and the second day was interviews.

Interview Question – Very straight forward questions regarding leadership. Nothing out of the box.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Interviewed at Owens Corning

Interview Details – Phone Screening, have not heard back in over a month

Interview Question – Typical phone screening, walked through my resume, learned more about the program   Answer Question

Identity & Access Management Engineer Interview

Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Owens Corning in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was through a recruiter hired to find probable candidates. The recruiter pre-screened me for consideration and then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that I was invited to the world headquarters for an in-person interview with the hiring manager, HR recruiter, other team members and department leadership.

Interview Question – Some of the questions were fairly technical in nature and caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered 10 days of vacation which was low for my experience and I was able to negotiate 14. No ability to work remote on a consistent basis, however.

Global Demand Planenr Interview

Amarillo, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Owens Corning in February 2011.

Interview Details – career fair, phone interview, on-site interview, negotations.

Interview Question – What has been your greatest success/failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – rigid but appeasing

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Maintenance Mechanic
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Owens Corning in July 2013.

Interview Details – Straight forward and very fast Initial interview set up through recruiter. Had a written offer within a week of the sight visit.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the wage compared to the cost of living of the area?   Answer Question

Advanced Engineer Interview

Advanced Engineer
Granville, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Owens Corning in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview comprised of 4 panels, and a presentation of dissertation work. Dinner with hosts afterwards. You might be brought in as part of a group of individuals. Make up of those involved the process include hr, potential peers, managers, with approximately equal mix.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions. Expect questions related to core competences listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal opportunity for negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Owens Corning

Worked for Owens Corning? Contribute to the Community!

Owens Corning Videos

Owens Corning – Why Work for Us?

Compelling Careers Delivering Innovative Solutions Owens Corning has touched your life and the world around you in more ways than you can imagine. In fact, 2013 marked our company’s 75th anniversary of making products… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Owens Corning interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Owens Corning employees and interview candidates.