Owens Corning

Relevance Date Difficulty

Advanced Engineer Interview

Advanced Engineer
Granville, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Owens Corning in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview comprised of 4 panels, and a presentation of dissertation work. Dinner with hosts afterwards. You might be brought in as part of a group of individuals. Make up of those involved the process include hr, potential peers, managers, with approximately equal mix.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions. Expect questions related to core competences listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal opportunity for negotiation

Instrument Technician Interview

Instrument Technician

Interviewed at Owens Corning

Interview Details – the process is long and drawn out, and the dept manager and his crony will not give you an accurate description of the job they expect yo to do prior to hiring

Interview Question – they give you a test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ok

FP&A Analyst Interview

FP&A Analyst
Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Owens Corning in March 2013.

Interview Details – 3rd Party Recruiter contacted me about a position and arranged a phone screen with HR and Lead for the department. Panel interview was promptly scheduled. Interview included HR and Department Lead. All were very professional. Discussed past experience and a few "how did you handle..." questions. After the interview, I received a tour of the HQ campus.

Interview Question – Very standard interview. Why are you applying for this position? Do you see yourself always working in finance? Explain how you deal with an underperforming employee. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview Details – Received a call to setup phone interview. They were flexible with scheduling. Process was straight forward and went quickly. Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you know someone has trusted you in the past.   Answer Question

Science and Engineering Development Program Interview

Science and Engineering Development Program
Granville, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Owens Corning in October 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview then 1.5 day on site interview. 20 minute presentation followed by 3 sets of 2 on 1 interviews. Everyone was friendly, helpful and more than willing to answer questions. They do a very good job of recruiting.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral type questions. Nothing was particularly unexpected.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Owens Corning in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very strong behavioral based interviews, be prepared to speak to specifics of results and your personal impact or role in whatever examples you share.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question
  • What was your impact on that result? Asked that multiple times after a specific example was shared.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Mid range rewards package, be focused on the company, culture and career potential.

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Toledo, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Owens Corning in April 2011.

Interview Details – 2 long days of interviewing, different people had different goals for the job, it lacked consensus.

Interview Question – How will you grow our business?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel the goals were clear, it could easily become quite political.

Area Sales Manager II Interview

Area Sales Manager II
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Owens Corning in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by Pannel interview in Pittsburgh, then pannel interview at corporate office in Toledo and then a 1:1 interview with the VP of Sales.

Information Systems Intern Interview

Information Systems Intern
Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Owens Corning in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a college recruiter who found me through my university's database for business students, and he asked for my resume and then later contacted me to see if I wanted an interview. The phone interview itself was 2:1 and the people who interviewed me were alums at the university I attend. It was predominately behavioral questions, like I think at least 7 which was tough to get through. But the interviewers were easy to talk to.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Granville, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Owens Corning in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I received a phone call for an online application and during it we went over everything in my resume where I detailed my past experiences. I was then invited for an on-site interview. At the on-site interview I was given a great tour of the site. A panel type interview was given in which typical interview questions were given. During the whole experience I was presented a very honest view of the culture at OC. Everyone is very honest about what to expect there and there is no sugar-coating anything; what you see is what you get, nothing more nothing less.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Owens Corning