Owens Corning Interview Questions

3.3

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Owens Corning in July 2013.

Straight forward and very fast Initial interview set up through recruiter. Had a written offer within a week of the sight visit.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the wage compared to the cost of living of the area?   Answer Question

Advanced Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Granville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granville, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Owens Corning in January 2011.

Interview comprised of 4 panels, and a presentation of dissertation work. Dinner with hosts afterwards. You might be brought in as part of a group of individuals. Make up of those involved the process include hr, potential peers, managers, with approximately equal mix.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions. Expect questions related to core competences listed in the job description.   Answer Question
    Minimal opportunity for negotiation

Instrument Technician Interview

the process is long and drawn out, and the dept manager and his crony will not give you an accurate description of the job they expect yo to do prior to hiring

ok

FP&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Owens Corning in March 2013.

3rd Party Recruiter contacted me about a position and arranged a phone screen with HR and Lead for the department. Panel interview was promptly scheduled. Interview included HR and Department Lead. All were very professional. Discussed past experience and a few "how did you handle..." questions. After the interview, I received a tour of the HQ campus.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview. Why are you applying for this position? Do you see yourself always working in finance? Explain how you deal with an underperforming employee. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Owens Corning.

Received a call to setup phone interview. They were flexible with scheduling. Process was straight forward and went quickly. Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you know someone has trusted you in the past.   Answer Question

Science and Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Granville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Owens Corning in October 2012.

First phone interview then 1.5 day on site interview. 20 minute presentation followed by 3 sets of 2 on 1 interviews. Everyone was friendly, helpful and more than willing to answer questions. They do a very good job of recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral type questions. Nothing was particularly unexpected.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Owens Corning in May 2011.

Very strong behavioral based interviews, be prepared to speak to specifics of results and your personal impact or role in whatever examples you share.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • What was your impact on that result? Asked that multiple times after a specific example was shared.   View Answers (2)
    Mid range rewards package, be focused on the company, culture and career potential.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Owens Corning in April 2011.

2 long days of interviewing, different people had different goals for the job, it lacked consensus.

Interview Questions

I didn't feel the goals were clear, it could easily become quite political.

Area Sales Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Owens Corning in March 2011.

Phone interview followed by Pannel interview in Pittsburgh, then pannel interview at corporate office in Toledo and then a 1:1 interview with the VP of Sales.

Information Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Owens Corning in November 2011.

I was contacted by a college recruiter who found me through my university's database for business students, and he asked for my resume and then later contacted me to see if I wanted an interview. The phone interview itself was 2:1 and the people who interviewed me were alums at the university I attend. It was predominately behavioral questions, like I think at least 7 which was tough to get through. But the interviewers were easy to talk to.