Owens-Illinois Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois.

Interview

I applied online, took about 2 months to get a HR interview, asking about behavior questions. Then interview with the hiring manager followed by an on site interview for a day. A very typical hiring process, questions were easy. The whole process took 5 months, got a disappointing answer from them.

Interview Questions

• Why O-I? What is your biggest achievement and failure?   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Interview

Spoke to them at a job fair and was invited to the HQ for an introduction and five 30 minute interviews. I spoke with several directors as well as a member of the HR team. Speaking about past experience and behavioral questions took up the majority of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you did outside of school or work to improve your skill?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois in April 2014.

Interview

Interview with a staffing agency first, that wants people with Electrical Engineering Technology degrees and mechanical experience. Then I had a panel interview with two other a lead and his manager, who wanted someone that knows electronics and wants / knows hot to learn how stuff works and how to fix it, who also wants to work changing shifts and in hot enviroments

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you took charge of a project and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Windsor, CO).

Interview

interviewed with hr and warehouse supervisor.

Batch and Furnace Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois in August 2012.

Interview

Interview by phone first, later person to person interview with plant manager direct reports. Interview was generic asking more the contribution site of having you as part of the company.

Interview Questions

• How to describe my self within 10 years of being working for the company.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Perrysburg, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Panel interview. Then I went to lunch with my future colleagues. Interview process is quite smooth and very efficient. A lot of questions about my resume and my previous experience. No very difficult and unexpect questions. Several days later I received a call from my manager. no negotiation on the salary. Several months I was on board.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Perrysburg, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Dry interview. HR lady was not having it. Because my background was not what they were looking for I was not offered the position. Moving on.

Interview Questions

• How are you in working with groups?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Perrysburg, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview process takes a long time and you interview with a lot of different people. The on-boarding process isnt' very good.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Interviewing questions - you will be asked for very specific situations and a lot of follow up questions regarding things you implemented, challenges you faced, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois (Toledo, OH) in July 2009.

Interview

Communications were clear and contacts were available for logistics and directions. Interview was in-depth with international executive. Expectation was less than 1 hour, however questions and discussion initiated by primary interviewer extended to 1.5 hours and included broad perspective questions as well as specific behavioural questions. Group interview was a more casual environment, probing into specific skill sets and background. People seemed genuinely excited about the company and the culture. The physical space was modern and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach moving the sales organization along the spectrum from more order-taking to more business / industry consulting?   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Owens-Illinois in February 2008.

Interview

I sent in my resume on the advice of a friend who works there. I was contacted about 3 weeks later from HR for a phone interview. The process was pretty normal, although the panel clearly consisted of people who could not care less. Big turn off. I was taken to the cafeteria for lunch, followed by a personality and IQ test that day. Was called a week later, brought in for a 1:1 which was better, but I didn't have a good feeling about the company. The work culture seemed fairly benign, the people nice, but showed a lot of wear and tear from present challenges of the company. I would research any company I applied to much more thoroughly before I agreed to any interview! Lesson learned.

Interview Questions

• How would you, personally, deal with cut-backs and belt tightening?   1 Answer

Didn't like the sense of low morale, and truly was turned off by the location.