Owens-Illinois Interview Questions

2.8

Batch and Furnace Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Owens-Illinois in August 2012.

Interview by phone first, later person to person interview with plant manager direct reports. Interview was generic asking more the contribution site of having you as part of the company.

Interview Questions
    • How to describe my self within 10 years of being working for the company.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Owens-Illinois in January 2010.

Interview process takes a long time and you interview with a lot of different people. The on-boarding process isnt' very good.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Interviewing questions - you will be asked for very specific situations and a lot of follow up questions regarding things you implemented, challenges you faced, etc.   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Owens-Illinois.

interviewed with hr and warehouse supervisor.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Owens-Illinois in November 2011.

Dry interview. HR lady was not having it. Because my background was not what they were looking for I was not offered the position. Moving on.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Owens-Illinois in July 2009.

Communications were clear and contacts were available for logistics and directions. Interview was in-depth with international executive. Expectation was less than 1 hour, however questions and discussion initiated by primary interviewer extended to 1.5 hours and included broad perspective questions as well as specific behavioural questions. Group interview was a more casual environment, probing into specific skill sets and background. People seemed genuinely excited about the company and the culture. The physical space was modern and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach moving the sales organization along the spectrum from more order-taking to more business / industry consulting?   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Owens-Illinois in February 2008.

I sent in my resume on the advice of a friend who works there. I was contacted about 3 weeks later from HR for a phone interview. The process was pretty normal, although the panel clearly consisted of people who could not care less. Big turn off. I was taken to the cafeteria for lunch, followed by a personality and IQ test that day. Was called a week later, brought in for a 1:1 which was better, but I didn't have a good feeling about the company. The work culture seemed fairly benign, the people nice, but showed a lot of wear and tear from present challenges of the company. I would research any company I applied to much more thoroughly before I agreed to any interview! Lesson learned.

Interview Questions
    • How would you, personally, deal with cut-backs and belt tightening?   View Answer

Didn't like the sense of low morale, and truly was turned off by the location.

Almost Any Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Owens-Illinois.

Internal promotion from hourly to salary.
    Unless you were born into the company or the plant manager asks you to apply for the job, don't get your hopes up. Every position I applied for was given to a blood relative (or a bed partner), regardless of their lack of skills, education, and ability.

Interview Questions
    • One panel member did nothing but demean my educational achievement and berate my previous suggestions for operational improvement   View Answer
    • After I offered my ideas at the interview, one of the panel members later presented the exact ideas as their own   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Owens-Illinois.

Process was good. Interviewed across multiple departments. Hiring manager asked the least amount of questions.

easy to negotiate with

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Owens-Illinois.

Totally unorganized. No interview experience from those giving or at least didn't seem with the plant level. Corporate interviewers were better.

Back and forth on basics.

OMDP/Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Owens-Illinois in October 2011.

1st Interview (1 hr) - On-campus with one HR rep and one engineer asking behavioral questions

2nd Interview (2 days) - Perrysburg, OH
    The first day we visited the plant in Lapel, IN which is 3.5 hours from Perrysburg, making it a long day on the bus. The second day we had a case study where we were divided into teams to present ways to increase cullet availability, four 1:1 interviews, and tours of the R&D labs and quality labs.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you were a leader and had resistance to your actions or decisions.   Answer Question

I had a more competitive offer at another company, and also a lot of the current OMDP's commented that they were often bored...

Worked for Owens-Illinois? Contribute to the Community!