Owens & Minor

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.6

Customer Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Owens & Minor.

Process was slow and involved several interviews. They were trying to determine if my personality and skill set would fit in with the existing team servicing the hospital system. Once the job started, training and guidance by management was poor. There were a couple of people that were willing to help when necessary.

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Owens & Minor.

I received a call from a recruiter in response to my resume submission. The phone call went quite well and I was soon scheduled for a face to face interview. During the interview I felt as if I was being viewed as a threat by some members of the panel.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was: What would be your plan for the team after 3 years? This question was asked prior to me having the opportunity to ask about the current status of the team and how it related to the future plans of the overall organization, etc.   View Answer

Distribution Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Owens & Minor.

Took a llong time but worthy, nedd patience when applying but will pay if you wait so thats cool, just apply online and hope you get an interview just like what i did. Good luck to everybody

Director, Supply Chain Performance Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Owens & Minor in February 2014.

I applied for the position via O&M's ancient web portal. I heard from a recruiter a little over two weeks later. My experience lined up perfectly with the position and I was expecting some sort of contact. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview the following week. The phone interview consisted of several background questions to discern why I was seeking other employment. He then asked a series of behavioral questions. It seems as though team players are valued. The interview went very well and I was told he was passing me on to the next phase. I was told to look to hear from him the following week. However, I received a call three weeks later indicating they had decided to take me out of consideration because other candidates had better experience.

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Owens & Minor in July 2013.

Submitted application online, received first phone asking general informational questions then was asked to come in for face to face interview. during face to face interview was asked to stay and meet with management. Meet with manager who showed me around the facility and discussed the business and job functions. was told would hear something in a week. after about 2 weeks received phone call to come in and discuss job offer and wages.

Interview Questions
    Some negotiation but none was needed pay rate offered was well more then expected!

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Owens & Minor.

The interview process is lengthy to say the least. There was a marathon all day interview with four leaders in the home market, then three additional interviews at the corporate office. O&M seems to be a consensus driven organization and no one person has the authority to say yes. I was optimistic because of the duration of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of scenario and behavior based questions, so be prepared with detailed answers on how you would handle various situations.   Answer Question

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Owens & Minor.

This company seems to string candidates along and make them think that they have the job, when in fact, they do not. I read a review very similar to my own experience. 3rd interview I met everyone, negotiated salary, then was asked, "When can you start?" Only to find out 2wks later I did not have the job.

Director Credit Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Owens & Minor.

Extremely professional - great people. Went with full agenda including interviewing with six people. Interview was very friendly and relaxed. Immediately warmed up to everyone I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • There are lots of behavioral questions. Be ready to answer tough questions.   Answer Question
    Very simple. People are honest and straight forward.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fillmore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fillmore, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Owens & Minor in August 2012.

One on one hiring. Interview with three employed management teammates.

No Negotiating.

Prefer Not to Answer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nome, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nome, AK

I applied online – interviewed at Owens & Minor in September 2011.

Ask questions that have absolutely nothing to to with job. easy interview.
    waiting on background very slow they use the pony express company for back grounds
    redundant paperwork to fill out,
    only typing the rest of this because they wanted me to have at least 50 words. i really do not feel like filing this out but have to in order to get to next page.