Oxera Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oxera

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oxera.

Interview

You submit your application through their website, in which you have to answer motivational questions (why Oxera? Why economic consulting?) and give them many details regarding your CV (they ask for grades). If your application is successful, they ask you to complete 2 tests. The first covers a wide range of microeconomic and econometric concepts, with a lot of practical questions. The second is a critical thinking test. All the questions are multiple choice type. If your application is again successful, they invite you for a final technical interview.

Graduate Economics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oxera.

Interview

I applied online. I had to send a CV and answer to the following questions: 1)Why do you want to pursue a career as an economic consultant? 2) Why do you want to work for Oxera? Please describe how you can add value to the company and how you think you will learn from us. 3) Please give details of any prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility and any other noteworthy achievements that will support your application.

I was interviewed in their Oxford office. I had an interview with two senior consultants for 1 hour and I was then invited to a written test. Everyone was very nice. I was not invited for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• During the interview they briefly asked me about myself and my interests (dissertation subject etc.) and why I wanted to be an economic consultant. But the largest part of the interview was technical questions about economics, econometrics. It is good to have a knowledge of UK regulations (although they explained me some key points very kindly since I'm not from the UK). The test was easier: I had to explain an economic concept (that I chose from a list) in a simple way.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Oxera (Oxford, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

To apply to the company you need to send your CV, a covering letter, and details of referees, after which you may be invited for an interview. I was invited for a first round interview.

The Oxford office is a short walk from the railway station, and is done up very nicely. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and reassuring. The process consisted of a 1 hour interview with Senior Consultants (2:1), followed by a short 40 minute test. It helps to be familiar with industrial / regulatory economics.

Had I been successful, I would have been invited back for a second and final round interview with a Director (tentative).

Interview Questions

• It was a subquestion regarding an aspect of economic regulation. I might have found it more difficult due to my lack of exposure to the field.   6 Answers