Oxfam America

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Specialist Interview

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oxfam America in February 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process, with high caliber-level questions and discussions. The level of the conversation can be intimidating with strangers, but, the interviewers were some of the nicest I've met. First part was a telephone interview with a person, then, a schedule for a panel interview at their HQ. Panel interview had about 6 people, all who had 2 questions related to their position within the organization. References and background checks were also contacted.

Nothing unexpected, but nothing taken for granted either. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Nothing really; most of the questions were to be expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; union set the salary. It was a good package, so, there would have been little I would have negotiated anyways.

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oxfam America in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was emailed for a 1:1 interview with the position's supervisor. This was five or more months from when I applied to the position. The interview was for screening purposes and to make sure I was still interested and understood the position's expectation. 12 or 15 people were interviewed like this, I forget the exact number.

From what I can tell, 5 or fewer came back for a panel interview a week or two later. The interview included members of the team as well as other teams in the office, a department head, and an HR representative from Boston being video-ed in. Each person asked a question, for a total of 5 or 6 questions plus a few quick followups. Interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Was then taken to fill out processing paperwork and info for background and reference checks. Was told the decision might come down to references.

Good experience, expect the from when I put in my application to when I was told another candidate was chosen took 6 months or more.

Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oxfam America in October 2009.

Interview Details – Responded to an ad for an associate position. Got an email back requesting a phone interview. Had a nice talk with a young woman from the department doing the hiring, and told her I was going to be in Boston not too long after, she said she'd be in touch. Never heard anything back again.

Interview Question – Why I wanted the job, why I was interested in microfinance.   View Answer

Regional Advocacy Lead Interview

Regional Advocacy Lead

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oxfam America in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, they called to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted a half hour. Waiting to hear if I got a second interview.

Interview Questions

Development Interview

Development

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oxfam America in November 2008.

Interview Details – The interview went well. The interviewer was great but I did not fit into the bill. But overall a great experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Oxfam America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oxfam America interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oxfam America employees and interview candidates.