Oxfam America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oxfam America in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was emailed for a 1:1 interview with the position's supervisor. This was five or more months from when I applied to the position. The interview was for screening purposes and to make sure I was still interested and understood the position's expectation. 12 or 15 people were interviewed like this, I forget the exact number.

From what I can tell, 5 or fewer came back for a panel interview a week or two later. The interview included members of the team as well as other teams in the office, a department head, and an HR representative from Boston being video-ed in. Each person asked a question, for a total of 5 or 6 questions plus a few quick followups. Interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Was then taken to fill out processing paperwork and info for background and reference checks. Was told the decision might come down to references.

Good experience, expect the from when I put in my application to when I was told another candidate was chosen took 6 months or more.

Interview Questions

Worked for Oxfam America? Contribute to the Community!