Oxfam Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.8

Funding Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Oxfam.

I was contacted withing 2 months of applying for a job, had a skype interview with 3 people, HR head, Program manager and regional manager. They focused on competency based questions as well as general questions of dealing with stress and communicating with people. Then there was a 1.5hr skills test, also not too difficult and based on job tasks.

Program Development Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oxfam in August 2012.

I applied online on June 22 through the organization’s website. There were two months when I didn’t hear anything and then I received an email to take the technical test. Once I passed the technical test, two interviews were set up – one with HR and one with people I would be working with. Things moved very, very quickly once the organization contacted me.

Interview Questions
    • The skills test was long (several hours) and difficult.   Answer Question

I was considering two offers and decided to choose the other for many reasons (mostly due to the location, salary, job responsibilities, etc.).

Digital Campaigner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oxfam.

Very friendly people, proper communication. I landed a second interview but unfortunately didn't get the job due to the other candidates having considerably more years of experience. They did give me good feedback on my performance and I would definitely apply again for a job at their office - they seem like a great team.

Interview Questions
    • I suppose it would be how I would handle a situation if people wouldn't be prompt in delivering information I had requested.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Godalming, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Godalming, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Oxfam in April 2011.

Polite,easy, relaxed, II was asked questions on how I am with talking to people, how my mathematics was like and what my background was, It was to see what kind of person I would be like working at oxfam

Interview Questions
    • Could you come in if there was a problem   View Answer
    It's a relaxed environment to be in, also it helps you build communication skills

Lead Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Oxfam.

Informal interview in a restaurant

Media Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oxfam.

Great HR interaction, clearly informing me of interview dates and times. They were very approachable and helpful if I needed additional information.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were scenario based, such as how you would react in a certain situation, or more straightforward, like how you handle pressure. I did a phone interview with two interviewers and also a timed test.   Answer Question

Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oxfam in December 2013.

Online application. Invited for interview via email. Interview by a 3 panel member, competency based interview questions. also invited for a second interview with a director. One to one informal chat. Also a competency based intray exercise for 30 minutes. I was able to be given feedback via an arranged time on the phone, the other candidate had more experience.

Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oxfam in July 2009.

I saw the advert and got a call and was invited for an interview. I did an oral and written interview. The oral interview was relaxed and friendly. The written interview was rather vague and turned out to have very little to do with the work i ended up doing. I got a call back pretty soon after the interview which was great!

Interview Questions
    • I think the written interview was the most difficult and unexpected because it had to do with budgets and I did not anticipate managing a budget in this position. The oral interview questions were all expected. Salaries and working conditions are already set so they do not take too much of the interview time   Answer Question
    see above

Field Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zabīd, Al Hudaydah (Yemen)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zabīd, Al Hudaydah (Yemen)

I applied online - interviewed at Oxfam in October 2012.

I saw the vacancy in website for jobs.. I submitted and they called me at Thursday and asked me to be on Saturday in the office at 10AM...
    No of the people where 15.they want only 5.
    the work culture was good.

Interview Questions
    • If you are in the village and the water was dirty ... give us 3 options to clean it?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oxfam in March 2012.

Just one interveiw

Interview Questions

Worked for Oxfam? Contribute to the Community!