Oxfam Interview Questions

2.9

Sector Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam in December 2014.

Interview

The process was professional. Although the application and interview process did drag on. It was 2 rounds of interviewing. The first interview was a panel interview by 2 current staff members. The second interview included four current staff members. It was nerve wracking but overall, it was a good process.

Funding Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

I was contacted withing 2 months of applying for a job, had a skype interview with 3 people, HR head, Program manager and regional manager. They focused on competency based questions as well as general questions of dealing with stress and communicating with people. Then there was a 1.5hr skills test, also not too difficult and based on job tasks.

Program Development Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oxfam in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online on June 22 through the organization’s website. There were two months when I didn’t hear anything and then I received an email to take the technical test. Once I passed the technical test, two interviews were set up – one with HR and one with people I would be working with. Things moved very, very quickly once the organization contacted me.

Interview Questions

• The skills test was long (several hours) and difficult.   Answer Question

I was considering two offers and decided to choose the other for many reasons (mostly due to the location, salary, job responsibilities, etc.).

Policy Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application form summarising list of experience, achievements, skills, etc. Got a call for an interview within a week and was asked to complete an excel exercise relevant to the job. Panel interview was more on the informal side. Competency questions, 2-3 questions on your CV and another question on the exercise completed. Interview lasted 25-30 min.

Digital Campaigner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

Very friendly people, proper communication. I landed a second interview but unfortunately didn't get the job due to the other candidates having considerably more years of experience. They did give me good feedback on my performance and I would definitely apply again for a job at their office - they seem like a great team.

Interview Questions

• I suppose it would be how I would handle a situation if people wouldn't be prompt in delivering information I had requested.   1 Answer

Lead Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oxfam (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Informal interview in a restaurant

Media Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

Great HR interaction, clearly informing me of interview dates and times. They were very approachable and helpful if I needed additional information.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were scenario based, such as how you would react in a certain situation, or more straightforward, like how you handle pressure. I did a phone interview with two interviewers and also a timed test.   Answer Question

Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oxfam (Oxford, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Online application. Invited for interview via email. Interview by a 3 panel member, competency based interview questions. also invited for a second interview with a director. One to one informal chat. Also a competency based intray exercise for 30 minutes. I was able to be given feedback via an arranged time on the phone, the other candidate had more experience.

Field Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zabīd, Al Hudaydah (Yemen)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxfam (Zabīd, Al Hudaydah (Yemen)) in October 2012.

Interview

I saw the vacancy in website for jobs.. I submitted and they called me at Thursday and asked me to be on Saturday in the office at 10AM... No of the people where 15.they want only 5. the work culture was good.

Interview Questions

• If you are in the village and the water was dirty ... give us 3 options to clean it?   1 Answer

Fundraising Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Application from website. The normal five/six questions on why you want to work here, pursue a career in this area, previous experience.Then called in for an interview, which was more focused on the particular role which was fundraising in my case. The interview was quite informal, and the person who interviewed me was very friendly and supportive.