Oxfam

Very Easy Interview

Volunteer Interview

Volunteer
Godalming, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Oxfam in April 2011.

Interview Details – Polite,easy, relaxed, II was asked questions on how I am with talking to people, how my mathematics was like and what my background was, It was to see what kind of person I would be like working at oxfam

Interview Question – Could you come in if there was a problem   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a relaxed environment to be in, also it helps you build communication skills

Lead Production Coordinator Interview

Lead Production Coordinator
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview Details – Informal interview in a restaurant

Interview Question – What previous production experience have you had?   Answer Question

Media Advisor Interview

Media Advisor

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview Details – Great HR interaction, clearly informing me of interview dates and times. They were very approachable and helpful if I needed additional information.

Interview Question – Most questions were scenario based, such as how you would react in a certain situation, or more straightforward, like how you handle pressure. I did a phone interview with two interviewers and also a timed test.   Answer Question

Team Administrator Interview

Team Administrator
Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oxfam in December 2013.

Interview Details – Online application. Invited for interview via email. Interview by a 3 panel member, competency based interview questions. also invited for a second interview with a director. One to one informal chat. Also a competency based intray exercise for 30 minutes. I was able to be given feedback via an arranged time on the phone, the other candidate had more experience.

Interview Question – Asks about things I had seen in the news recently   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oxfam in July 2009.

Interview Details – I saw the advert and got a call and was invited for an interview. I did an oral and written interview. The oral interview was relaxed and friendly. The written interview was rather vague and turned out to have very little to do with the work i ended up doing. I got a call back pretty soon after the interview which was great!

Interview Question – I think the written interview was the most difficult and unexpected because it had to do with budgets and I did not anticipate managing a budget in this position. The oral interview questions were all expected. Salaries and working conditions are already set so they do not take too much of the interview time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – see above

Field Officer Interview

Field Officer
Zab─źd, Al Hudaydah (Yemen)

I applied online - interviewed at Oxfam in October 2012.

Interview Details – I saw the vacancy in website for jobs.. I submitted and they called me at Thursday and asked me to be on Saturday in the office at 10AM...
No of the people where 15.they want only 5.
the work culture was good.

Interview Question – If you are in the village and the water was dirty ... give us 3 options to clean it?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Oxford, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oxfam in March 2012.

Interview Details – Just one interveiw

Interview Question – Trying to get points on experioce based Qs   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Program Officer
Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oxfam in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recruitment process consists of 3 steps: writing test, interview and stimulation exercise. For stimulation, all candidates will be will form a group discussion where they will discuss a topic given by recruitment panel.

Interview Question – Which book did you read over the the last days?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Oxfam in July 2012.

Interview Details – The first contact occured two moths ago in the form of short concize interview lasting for exactly half hour. After few weeks there was second contact by mail inviting me to the second interview. After the second interview there was mail with link to online personality test that last 30 min. After the test there was third interview with diferent people.

Interview Question – What was your biggest mistake?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – To be honest and focused.

Worked for Oxfam? Contribute to the Community!