Oxford Brookes University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Oxford Brookes University

Interview Details – Skype interview.

Interview Question – How would you sell your ideas to industry   Answer Question

Senior Lecturer Interview

Senior Lecturer
Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oxford Brookes University in August 2009.

Interview Details – Generally smooth and fair. 10 minute presentation followed by interview. Panel of 3, including HR person. Questions were relevant and straightforward. No silly questions. I think they may have asked if I had any weaknesses, but not sure - I have a terrible memory for things like this (one of my major weaknesses, I'm afraid). Got a phone call from HR a couple of days later offering the job. Standard contract came though post. Relocation expenses of £5k paid for.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Lecturer Interview

Senior Lecturer
Headington, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oxford Brookes University in October 2008.

Interview Details – Extremely organised and detailed. I was sent letters giving me clear instructions with dates, times and places including travel and joining instructions. The interview involved giving a short ten minute lecture followed by a question and answer session. If you know your subject, then it is very easy. One person asked very strange and odd questions.

Interview Question – How do we know that you will not leave us if you were offered more money?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not very flexible. If they promise anything try to get it in writing.

Very Easy Interview

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry
Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oxford Brookes University in January 2012.

Interview Details – we were asked to join an informal interview, and then at the interview we were asked whether we can do fast typing and attention to detail level for a data entry work.

Interview Question – What is your typing speed on an average?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Oxford Brookes University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oxford Brookes University interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oxford Brookes University employees and interview candidates.