Oxford Gene Technology Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oxford Gene Technology

Computational Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oxford Gene Technology in July 2014.

I found out about the opening through a recruiter, whom I contacted with my CV. When the company was interested, he set up an initial phone interview. Afterwards, I was asked to come to an in-person interview. All communication up to that point was through the recruiter. At the in-person interview, I gave a short (10-15 minute) presentation to the computational biology team, then answered questions about it and my background. Afterwards, I spoke with two senior members of the team, who asked me more about my background and interests.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some specific technical questions about the data that I presented in my talk, which I hadn't considered.   Answer Question

Research - Student Work Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Oxford Gene Technology in July 2012.

I was explained about the research group headed by the Director. It was a research position with their exploratory research team and they wanted a student for placement with molecular biology research experience.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of troubleshooting in an experiment ?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of an experiment done in University Labs ?   Answer Question

Worked for Oxford Gene Technology? Contribute to the Community!