Oxford Global Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Updated Jun 12, 2014

2.0

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oxford Global Resources.

Was contacted by segment manager after submitting my resume to careerbuilder. Called within a week of submission. 2 face to face interviews, was offered the job about 3 days after the last interview

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview; strengths, weaknesses, describe a difficult situation you had been in.   Answer Question
    Base salary, no negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oxford Global Resources.

If you cant get this job then something is wrong with you, they basically hire anyone off the street. If you own a suit wear it, and all you basically have to say is they you are money driven and want to do sales. They don't throw any curve balls at you, type into google basic interview questions and you all the interview questions.

Interview Questions
    ZERO negotiation, the base salary is the base salary

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oxford Global Resources.

Was emailed to have a phone conversation for a technical recruiter/ account manager position. They saw my resume on Monster. I emailed back and setup a time to chat later that day. The person was very professional and answered all my questions regarding the company, job description, compensation, and benefits. We went over my last few jobs and what my duties were. Once the covnersation was over, they asked me to fill out an application online on their website and to call them back the next day (tomorrow) Seems like a legitimate place to be employed however I told them I needed a few days to research the company and will need the weekend before I decide on next steps.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult or unexpected questions. It was a basic and friendly conversation regarding the job and my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oxford Global Resources in October 2013.

I was contacted by a Recruiter who called and spoke to me over the phone regaridng my resume. I then had an initial interview with the Asst. Controller, a second interview with the Controller and a third interview with the VP of HR. This all spanned over three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Our focus is on customer service and we have had complaints about this department not giving good customer service. If your staff is not giving good customer service how would you get them to start giving that?   View Answer
    We only needed to negotiate Salary and they came back at what I wanted so it was easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford Global Resources in July 2013.

Pretty standard interview. Tell us about your self, what motivates you, and what are your strengths and weaknesses.

No negotiation

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oxford Global Resources in July 2013.

I had a good experience during the interview process. Just about all of my interviews consisted of one interview. Some of my interviews were very technical, consisting of more than 50 questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about my weaknesses. However, I have learned how to handle that particular question. Other difficult questions were technical in nature. For example, questions about web servers and dot net applications.   View Answer
    It was relatively easy considering Oxford knows my capabilities, experience and salary requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oxford Global Resources in May 2013.

You will meet Rey, the recruiting manager, followed by Roger, the branch manager. It's pretty straight forward. But before you meet them, you will be contacted by Oxford's recruiter, Donnie. He's really nice and informative. If Donnie likes you, so will Rey and Roger and they will offer you the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are basic. Why do you want to get into "sales?" Are you comfortable speaking on the phone? Cold calling?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

My second interview was with a Skype video conferencing session after the phone interview. The one interviewing kept his head constantly down. He also as he was going through my prior position kept drilling the question:" How much did you get paid for that?". This after I had informed him politely the first time that the question was one a preferred no to get into. they actually wanted me to make 70 mile round trip for a 20 minute interview here and it was I who told them "NO" and that this was 2013 and that Skype video was now available.
    In the end I felt like this child (for lack of a better definition) was only picking my brain to ascertain the cost of top shelf IT Engineers and how low they would do the limbo. I don't do that dance. What I do do is look at the job scope and listen the wage offering (something that did not happen here) and make a decision. Anything else I consider to be a waste of my time and we all know what time is these days don't we? Evidently this one doing this interview did NOT know and I found that to be very disconcerting.
    I'll never deal with Oxford again now that I know the unprofessional nature of their recruiters. It is no wonder they have had to close offices in Boston. No professional is going to put up with being put under duress in an interview just to satisfy a child's curiosity as to past wage levels. the only thing pertinent is what wage level is on the table along with the job being discussed. And that is another thing. he never did detail the "job". I think he was trying to impress the boss by wasting my time. I do have a great resume and have worked at some very high level domains instantly recognizable as such by anyone who is still breathing. My references are impeccable as well. To waste the time if anyone over what appears to have been NOTHING is one sure fire way to NOT get the people of the caliber that are needed to set a firm apart from the rest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford Global Resources in February 2013.

Great interview process, hired me on the spot, but took them over a month to bring me on board, waiting game was not fun, almost accepted a different job because of the lack of communication from the management team to me after they hired me, had to hunt down the HR lady to talk to the managers

Interview Questions
    • what makes you think you can be a recruiter?...they try to push many people into Account manager roles   Answer Question
    no negotiation, pretty much take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oxford Global Resources in September 2012.

Call from recruiter (they are desperate because of the high turnover and will talk to almost anyone). One face to face interview. Found out I had the job later that day.