Oxford Tutoring Center

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oxford Tutoring Center

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center in October 2011.

I originally applied online via their website after seeing a posting on the college career site. I sent three subsequent emails updating my resume and checking my status. It was two months after my initial interest that i received a call back. I also had a referral from a past employee. The staff are very warm and polite. They called me to schedule an interview within two days of showing their interest via that phone call. They informed me that part of the interview would be giving a mock tutoring session that lasts 3-5min on any topic i would like and gave me some suggestions like graphing a linear equation. The interviewer was dressed business casual and very welcoming. The interview began with my mock tutoring session. I had prepared a print out materials and a white board was provided. As advised by previous employees, OTC wants clear, creative, and enthusiastic presenters. After the presentation, the interviewer asked me to tell her about myself including my college experience, why i'm interested in tutoring, what future do i see for myself, and how OTC will help me reach that goal. After that i had the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the daily duties of the position. The interviewer answered all my questions thoroughly and was personable. At the end, the interviewer showed interest in me and requested i take the skills assessment to determine if i am adequate to teach. The assessment is math and language arts. It took at least two hours to complete. The interviewer had offered that i come back another time to take the test, but i decided to do it while i was already there. It was a pleasant experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Oxford Tutoring Center

Tutor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center.

Interview questions and finger printing.

Tutor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Oxford Tutoring Center in September 2011.

Single interview.
    Be prepared to take a math/english test for the level that you want to tutor on the day that you interview.
    Will need to get background check and have some shots since you are working with kids.
    Be personable (They are checking if you will be able to work with students and talk with parents).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with students that don't want to learn?   Answer Question