Oxford University

Oxford University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

UNIQ Summer School Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oxford University.

I applied through university and was invited to attend a group interview session. The interview involved teamwork, working to solve a problem and present the solution to the other interviewees. This involved delegating task between the group, communicating clearly, and being positive. We were told after the interview by phone whether or not we had been offered the position. We then attended a training session before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult summer school attendee?   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Oxford University.

Received invitation to interview within 2 weeks of submitting my application through the online university system. There was more than enough time to study up on the department and the expected interview questions. The staff were very professional, polite, and friendly when I arrived for the interview. I met with the primary administrative person I would be reporting to as well as 2 of the 4 Professors I would be supporting in the PA position. all the questions were standard - why do you want the job, what do you think will be the most challenging aspect of this position, what would friends say are your strengths and weaknesses, who does your CV demonstrate your fit to this position, do you have experience updating webpages, do you have experience with Microsoft Office (particularly word and excel), etc.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about a time when you had to involve a supervisor in order to complete an important task.   View Answer

MSC Student Interview

Interviewed.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I am a British Academy postdoc, which does not have an interview procedure. It is a two-step process of writing an application and providing a writing sample, on the basis of which a panel decides to give the award. Prior to applying, one must seek support of the prospective employer (Oxford)

Interview Questions
    I could negotiate salary to be on the same grade, but higher scale point (made a difference of over £1000) based on my earlier experience. Negotiate!

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford University in February 2014.

One Skype interview from the United States. I was interviewed by a panel of six people that wanted to validate who I was and my ability to perform unique and creative research. I received a phone call a few days later informing me I had got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Improving the current standard for research in Classics.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oxford University.

I had one interview with Human Resource representative, the Team Lead and Manager of the department. Great interview. HR asked a behavioral question; such as, what do you know about our organization? The Team Lead asked a technical question and a behavioral question - How do you keep yourself organized?

Interview Questions
    • It was an easy interview if you are well prepared. For example, please tell me what you know about are organization?   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was great. I was able to negotiate my start time and finish time.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oxford University.

Offered job internally. One interview with group leader.

Interview Questions

Salary on offer wasn't great. Chose industry instead.

Undergraduate Interview

writing test 2h, skype inteview, questions in pdf 4 questions

PhD Student Interview

Had to network to get in touch with my doctoral supervisor. Didn't really have to go through a formal application procedure. Was asked a few questions related to my work during the masters and bachelors program, and related to research area I'd work in.

DPhil Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oxford University in March 2013.

I had one skype interview after I submitted two or three references, transcript, CV, one letter about me and completed one form. The first interesting thing is that they do not require master, it suffices bachelor. The interview was quite informal, they do not ask math questions, but rather which subjects I attended and what I did in bachelor thesis. They was impressed by amount of subjects I did.

Interview Questions
    • How do I plan gain money, because in March they do not have any money for me. All grants are in January.   Answer Question