Oxford University PhD Student Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2015

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Had to network to get in touch with my doctoral supervisor. Didn't really have to go through a formal application procedure. Was asked a few questions related to my work during the masters and bachelors program, and related to research area I'd work in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oxford University

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oxford University in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed by a panel of 7 investigators. The interview was over skype since I was overseas. British nationals who arrive on site are usually invited to tour the labs. The process was fairly straightforward. I started by making a 10 minute presentation about my undergraduate thesis, which was followed by whole bunch of technical questions, and some questions about my future plans.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were technical and related to my undergraduate work.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oxford University (Oxford, England (UK)) in November 2008.

Interview

You send a CV and Cover Letter, they call you back and invite to arrive to Oxford for the interview.

Interview Questions

• They give you a scientific paper to read and ask question about the date published.   Answer Question