Oxford University Press Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.8

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

-spoke with project manager in office about the product line/ series and was asked about my background, softball interview with no hard questions -can not remember very much because this was over 2 years ago

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oxford University Press (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a call from HR where they asked me first off about my salary requirements. This was a long back and forth, and they eventually told me the budget they had for the position and that it was was inflexible. On a second call with HR, I answered questions while they typed my answers, which had to be pretty short. Then set up an interview with the supervisor for the job. This was a pretty standard interview, and I met with HR after where I had to reiterate certain things we had talked about. It was about a month before I finally heard back after the interview process, via email.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst thing you had to do in your last job.   Answer Question

Development Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an HR representative. Then I was invited for an interview and I spoke with my (possible) future supervisor and coworker. Then I had another interview with the same HR rep I had spoken on the phone with. Then I was sent an editorial test to complete. After I completed and sent in the test, I never heard back from the supervisor or the HR rep, even after being told repeatedly by the HR rep that he would let me know either way. I sent numerous emails to both people and eventually gave up. It was a shame that they never even acknowledged receiving my editorial test, especially since the test took about 8 hours to complete.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted initially by a recruiter. Had a brief phone interview and then had a in-person interview with the hiring manager. For the final round, I took an Excel quiz as the position requires strong Excel skills and interviewed with their finance managers and the head of the finance department.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR, then in-person interview. Interviewer was very friendly and did not ask anything intended to throw you off. They want to see an interest and commitment to publishing industry.

Associate Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press in September 2014.

Interview

It was hard scheduling the interview, HR seems too busy, we called back and forth almost a dozen times to actually schedule a date and time. The whole process seems disorganized.

Interview Questions

• The questions were normal such as "tell me about yourself" etc.   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oxford University Press (New York, NY).

Interview

It took a little over a month to hear back from the employer and they emailed me asking if I was still interested in the position. We set up a time to meet in person and I travelled over an hour to get to the office to find out that the job described online was not what they were offering. Online it said a full time paid internship and they explained that it was very part time and minimum wage!

Interview Questions

• They did not ask a lot of questions, they asked for me to talk about myself, so it's better if you do most of the talking.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty quick and standard. Met with HR first, then met with the hiring managers. I was told within two weeks, which was extremely fast. They didn't ask too many questions that were out of the ordinary.

Publicity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Was brought it for an interview after applying online - met with HR for a few minutes then met with Dir and VP of publicity. Didn't feel comfortable in room, but a lot of the questions were standard- why I thought publicity was important, what I personally like to read, what interest I had in the company.

Interview Questions

• What my hobbies were, to see if I would personally be a good fit for the team.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oxford University Press.

Interview

They sought me out and they spoke more than they asked me questions.