Oxford University Press

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press.

I was contacted initially by a recruiter. Had a brief phone interview and then had a in-person interview with the hiring manager. For the final round, I took an Excel quiz as the position requires strong Excel skills and interviewed with their finance managers and the head of the finance department.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR, then in-person interview. Interviewer was very friendly and did not ask anything intended to throw you off. They want to see an interest and commitment to publishing industry.

Associate Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press in September 2014.

It was hard scheduling the interview, HR seems too busy, we called back and forth almost a dozen times to actually schedule a date and time. The whole process seems disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were normal such as "tell me about yourself" etc.   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Oxford University Press.

It took a little over a month to hear back from the employer and they emailed me asking if I was still interested in the position. We set up a time to meet in person and I travelled over an hour to get to the office to find out that the job described online was not what they were offering. Online it said a full time paid internship and they explained that it was very part time and minimum wage!

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask a lot of questions, they asked for me to talk about myself, so it's better if you do most of the talking.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press.

Hiring process was pretty quick and standard. Met with HR first, then met with the hiring managers. I was told within two weeks, which was extremely fast. They didn't ask too many questions that were out of the ordinary.

Publicity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press in May 2014.

Was brought it for an interview after applying online - met with HR for a few minutes then met with Dir and VP of publicity. Didn't feel comfortable in room, but a lot of the questions were standard- why I thought publicity was important, what I personally like to read, what interest I had in the company.

Interview Questions
    • What my hobbies were, to see if I would personally be a good fit for the team.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oxford University Press.

They sought me out and they spoke more than they asked me questions.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oxford University Press in October 2013.

HR in US did a telephone screening interview with me first. This consisted of very basic questions, and seemed to mainly be about verifying what was on the application form for me. I was invited a few days later for an interview with the manager for the role. This was relatively informal - a conversation in the managers office. The manager asked a series of questions, spoke about the role and what it involved in depth, and seemed interested to know my reaction to hearing about the role, whether it interested me and if I really wanted to do it.

Interview Questions
    • Three things that your previous manager would say you need to improve upon   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Several phone interviews followed by lengthy detailed sales presentation with Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • How can you help design technology products for a company just entering the tech market in the US?   Answer Question
    Easy over the phone

Marketing Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oxford University Press in September 2012.

I applied through my school's job search site, and was contacted immediately after for an on-site interview. I got an answer a week afterwards!

Interview Questions
    it was an internship. so it wasn't negotiable.